Out Of The Woods

The Prince and the Rock Star

Out Of The Woods

❧❧

When Minseok finally found his way out of the forest (because for real he had no sense of direction and Jongdae seemed to be even worse) his arms were aching from the weight of the surprisingly heavy man (he swore he had been lighter before).

”What do you eat” Minseok groaned, and heaved Jongdae a bit further up. ”You weight like a ton.”

”Rude. Not my fault you have no muscle,” Jongdae replied, flipping his hair to the side. Minseok rolled his eyes, as the act reminded him far too well about his best friend. And another Baekhyun was the very last thing Minseok needed in his life.

”Shut your face” he muttered, unconsciously tightening his body. ”I have more muscles than you’ll ever get.”

Jongdae hmphed as answer, but Minseok was right. There was no way Jongdae would do anything tiring unless he had to (or unless it was because was important). He would get sweaty and dirty and that was just ing gross. 

”FINALLY” Minseok suddenly let out a sigh, and Jongdae woke up form his thoughts, shuddering with disgust at the thought of physical labour. He looked up, and saw his mantion (prison) standing in front of him. "How is your leg? Would you be able to make it on your own?" he looked at the boy, and arched his eyebrow upon realised there was a look on disgust, hurt and irritation on the prince's face. Jongdae's gaze was focused on the massive house in front of them, and Minseok thought he had to be a really ing spoiled brat, not to appreciate such a home. "Hey, you, princling!" he shook the other in his arms and the boy quickly looked at him again.

"First of all, do not shake me like that, I ain't no ing milkshake," Jongdae pointed, throwing hair that fell on his eyes to the side, "secondly, Mr. Smarty Pants, I don't know if I can walk, because I haven't tried it yet! Geez, do you always ask so many stupid questions? What the hell do they teach you in those public schools?"

"For instance, how not to get caught while having in a public place, oh no wait, they actually teach us not do to it at all," Minseok retorted and he loosen his arms, to which Jondgae yelped and quickly tightly threw his arms around Minseok's neck, to prevent himself from falling.

"Then you guys don't know what you're missing on," the prince mumbled, taking a deep breath and accidentaly inhaling the other's scent. He purred unintentionally, as his favourite scent hit his nostrils. Mango. Minseok spelled like Mangos.

Upon hearing a sudden, weird voice right next to his ear, Minseok's body stiffened. "Did he just ing purred?!" he was asking himself, trying to stop his blood from rushing south.

Jongdae was well aware of the other's body reaction and he smirked against his collarbone. "This one might be fun," he thought, and looked up to look at Minseok.

But when he raised his eyes, something other than Minseok's eyes looking at him caught his attention. There was a shape nearing them, from the house's side.

He swallowed, as he quickly realized, to his horror, that the demonic aura came from his brother. 

”KIM ING JONGDAE, WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN AND WHO THE IS THAT?!” he screamed at Jongdae and Minseok.

Minseok, who feared for his life, did the only right thing, and dropped the prince on the ground as he himself jumped back and raises his fists in protection. ¨

”AOUCH, WHAT THE MINSEOK?!” Jongdae whined, massaging his . 

”I am not afraid of you,” Minseok said to Junmyeon, lightly jumping in place. ”Fight me, I dare you.”

Junmyeon looked at Minseok, then at his brother, and then back at the stranger, dumbfounded. "Where on earth did you find this one, Jongdae?" he first asked his brother, as if losing faith in all humanity, and then addressed the other boy, ”Are you stupid? Why on earth would I fight you? I can just get my guards to do it.”

”Coward,” Minseok chuckled, suddenly feeling more and more confident about facing the prince.

”Am not!” Junmyeon whined, throwing his arms in the air, words hurting his pride like a .

”Coward.”

”SHUT THE UP!”

”Hyung, you are a bit of a coward actually,” Jongdae chimmed in, casually siding with the stranger, because he just couldn't do it any differently.

”Kim Jongdae you are such a little piece of . I will tell mum about this!”

As soon as the words left Junmyeon lips, Minseok's fists fell to teh sides and he furrowed, questioning the whole ruling system of his country. 

”And what is she supposed to do? Send me away? Oh right, SHE ALREADY DID!”

”SHE WILL LOCK YOU UP IN A TOWER.”

”Then I will escape!”

”How exactly? You’re clumsy as .”

”I kind of agree with the coward on this one, and I’ve known you for like forty minutes” Minseok grinned (30 of those trying to find their way out of the ing forest).

”Shut your faces, I would totally get Jongin to help me,” Jongdae said in his defence, crossing his arms on his chest.

”Who is Jongin?” Minseok asked, curiously.

”NO ONE, NO ONE AT ALL ,WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT, THERE IS NO JONGIN! NOW LEAVE, YOU LEAVE GOODBYE!” Junmyeon screamed. He then proceeded to chase after Minseok, and the older man turned around and ran for his life, ignoring Jongdae’s calls after him telling him to wait for him. He was not about to get killed by the oldest Royal brother. Despite his earlier bravery, Junmyeon was scary as . 

❧❧

Left was Jongdae, still laying on the ground like a starfish, questioning his life choices, and Junmyeon standing above him, seething.

”I can’t believe you just told that Priseok or whatever (”Minseok”) about Jongin. That’s supposed to be a secret!”

Jongdae snorted. ”Oh please, like the whole kingdom hasn’t heard about it already. I mean, Jongin is amazing in bed, his is ing huge, but boy that can talk." Jongdae sighed, but then smirked, "which is a really good ability is bed, I tell you this."

Junmyeon spluttered, face red. ”You can’t just talk about other people’s es like that. You are a prince for god’s sake!” He yelled, throwing his arms above his head, "And for 's sake, try keeping your ing dirty mind to yourself, Jongdae, YOU ARE A PRINCE FOR GOD'S SAKE!"

”You can say you know.”

”KIM JONGDAE!”

Jongdae started laughing at his brother’s enraged face, and started to push himself off the ground. Halfway up, he remembered that he had injured his ankle, and started sinking back down with a groan. His brother caught him though, and hoisted him up on his feet.

”What’s wrong?” Junmyeon didn’t look particularly worried, but he didn’t want his brother to feel more hurt than necessary. 

”I got caught in a bear trap, and when I fell down I injured my foot. Nothing too horrifying.”

Junmyeon huffed, and helped his brother hobble into the house. ”What the were you doing in the forest anyways? I already told you it’s useless to escape, you have no idea where we are and no one will help your sorry out of here. They’re just happy to have gotten rid of you."

Jongdae rolled his eyes and gave him his finger. He didn't ahve to be reminded every 5 minutes of how useless and unwated to the whole kingdom he was. ”I was actually following you,” he replied shortly.

Junmyeon held off his panicked face perfectly (yeah right) and shook his head. ”I have been here the whole time, what are you talking about?!”

Jongdae laughed. ”Please hyung, I can tell when you’re lying, cause you’re horrible at it. And I saw you escape, so don’t even try to deny it. And I can see the love bites as well, you know.”

Junmyeon’s hand flew up to his throat, his face redder than a tomato. ing hell. ”It’s not what it looks like! It’s a… a… MOSQUITO BITE! Yes!.”

”A mosquito bite?”

”YES!”

Jongdae raised his eyebrow. ”Who is the lucky mosquito then? or ?”

Junmyeon looked like he was ready to cry, and Jongdae suppressed a giggle. When his brother slumped in his chair he knew he had won.

”You can’t tell mum.”

”Aaah. Didn’t know you were gay, hyung.”

”I’m not! I just.. Well..”

Jongdae smiled, and Junmyeon almost fell off his chair when he saw how gentle the usually sarcastic face looked. ”Only for him right?”

Junmyeon looked down on his lap, refusing to meet his brother’s gaze. He didn’t want the other to see his trembling lips and watery face. 

When Jongdae’s brother didn’t answer, Jongdae knew the truth, but he chose to let Junmyeon tell him that himself when he was ready. ”Don’t worry hyung” he said instead. ”I won’t tell on you. You never told on me when I had fun in the past. BUT!”

Junmyeon looked up, half grateful half suspicious. ”What?”

”Now you have to let me out of the house. Alone.”

”You know I can’t do that.”

Jongdae smiled, sweetly (he looked like satan). ”Then I will tell mum.”

”BUT JONGDAEEE.”

”I will.”

Junmyeon’s eyebrow twitched. ”Fine. But then you have to promise that you won’t try to run back to the capital.”

Jongdae nodded, now having found something interesting enough to stay around for. ”Deal.”

The two brother’s then proceeded to wrap up Jongdae’s ankle in a bandage, after which Jongdae could finally get in bed. He sighed happily as he pulled up his covers, slightly cold. Truthfully, Jongdae would never tell on his brother, but Junmyeon didn’t have to know that. The young man chuckled evily at the thought and smiled to himself. Tomorrow, he would begin his search for Minseok. A very interesting character, Jongdae thought. For once, there was a person in his life that didn’t seem to care about the fact that Jongdae was a prince, and only saw him for Jongdae. You might think this would enrage the royalty, but it actually made Jongdae happy.

He had always wanted to be normal, after all.

❧❧

Minseok somehow (on his hurried escape) managed to get lost in the forest once more. He was swearing as colorfully as he could, just for the sake of it, while he tried to make his way through the forest without tripping on a rock or dying (he did run head first into a tree but shh don't tell Baekhyun). He wasn't doing a very good job though, it only seemed to get darker the further he went (he had been walking in circles for half an eternity but he didn't know that) and he was getting cold and tired. He also found himself craving for carrots, by some unknown reason. They were oragne, which was a nice color, and from what Minseok remembered he had smelled the fruit not too long ago but he couldn't for the life of his remember where. 

Oh well. He had more important stuff to think about.

" this " he muttered. "Why do you exist forest? Why?"

And then, he walked into something soft... And. Freaked. Out. "AAAAAH" he screamed.

"AAAAH" the 'thing' screamed back.

"AAAAH"

"AAAAH"

"AAAAH"

"AAAAH"

Minseok slowly started realizing, as he kept screaming together with the 'thing', that the voice was very familiar, and he understood with both annyance and relief, who it was. 

"BAKEHYUN" he screamed the loudest he could in order to be heard over the other's (very loud) scream. "It's me! Minseok!!!"

The screaming abruptly stopped, and after a moment of scilence Minseok was pulled into a very awkward "we'rebestfriendsbutdon'ttouchme bro hug." "Minseok you're alive!!!! You just disappeared out of my sight! Never do that again, I thought I would be trapped in this ing forest forever! And I hate dirt! And being alone! How could you do this Minseok hyuuuuung?" Baekhyun questioned the older with shining (which was the only thing Minseok could make out in the dark) puppy eyes. 

"Me?! You were the one who disappeared the moment we enetered the forest! You were the one who ran off screaming bloody sparta and now you're blaming me for getting lost? It was your own damn fault."

It didn't matter that Minseok couldn't see, he still managed, because of the sheer force, to hear Baekhyun flip his hair.

"Oh whatever hyung. Details, details, who ever cares about those? We should concentrating on actually finding our way out of here. I can't feel my feet anymore."

Minseok sighed from annoyance, but decided to drop the subject. He was freezing his balls off, arguing with Baekhyun he could do when he was wrapped inside a blanket back in their cottage. "Fine, but don't think this is over Byun. If I wasn't freezing to death I would've taken you down by now."

"You love me, hyung", Baekhyun snorted, "no use in denying it. The heart wants what it wants. You just gotta let it have it."

Minseok groaned. "You're an idiot. Why did I pick an idiot as a best friend. I should've picked that kid with scary eyes."

"He would never be your friend , and I'm fabulous. You love me. End of the ing discussion."

Minseok laughed, and through his arm over Baekhyun's shoulders (he missed at first but ssh no one needs to know). "I guess I might love you just a tiny bit. But only a little."

Baekhyun, pleased with the answer, smiled. "Love you too. Even thought you're an ."

"Well, so are you so we're a match. Now, let's get home."

"Yes sir yes!"

❧❧

It took quite some time, a lot more swear words and falling over, but eventually the pair managed to stumble out of the forest. They were roughed up and dirty, but grinning with relief at the familiar camp sight. They made their way over to the cottage as quickly as they could, and slipped in without anyone noticing. Minseok, being the oldest, drew his hyung card in order to shower first and left a whining Baekhyun behind as he closed the bathroom door with a bang. He showered quickly, but he made the water so hot it almost burned his cold skin. Once finished, he dried himself quickly, and while drying his hair we walked out into the main room all in his glory.

"God hyung, cover that up! I might be your best friend, but just because we're gay that does not mean I want to see your junk!"

Minseok grinned, and shook his hips a little, making Baekhyun throw a pillow at him. He had been working hard to gain the body he had now, and because of that he wasn't afraid of showing it off. His wasn't all that bad either, so he had no shame in walking around . Also, it was hilariously fun to see the usually very dirty minded Baekhyun become utterly embarrassed. 

"Go shower" Minseok said to Baekhyun with a smile, while he started dressing himself. "You stink."

"Rude" Baekhyun muttered, but he got up, grabbed some clothes and went into the bathroom. A few moment later Minseok could hear the shower running, and then a loud clattering soud when Baekhyun accidentally dropped the shampoo bottle onto the floor. 

He shook his head at the other's clumsiness, but didn't comment on it. He just dressed himself instead, mind occupied with sof kittenlips, piercing eyes and gentle smiles.

❧❧

"So" Baekhyun said, once they were both in bed. He was laying on his side, and was staring at Minseok with all the intensity he could manage. "What happened to you while we got separated?"

Minseok rolled over so that he could look at his best friend. "You have to promise you'll believe me even if what I'm saying sounds really weird."

Baekhyun nodded. "Scout's honour."

"You were never in the boy scouts."

"No, but I was in the girl scouts and that was fabulous. The girls are so much more badass than the boys anyways. And I could talk about boys with them."

Minseok chuckled. "Fair enough."

Baekhyun looked at him excpectedly. "Sooooo?"

"Well... I walked into the youngest prince of the kingdom while he was hanging in a bear trap and then I had to carry him home cause he hurt his foot and , and then I ran away from his crazy psychopathic brother."

"What the Minseok. Are you sure you just didn't fall and hit your head or something?"

"You said you would believe me!!!," Minseok whined, tossing in the sheets.

"I was never a girl scout!!! Put I totally could've pulled it off."

"Baekhyuuuun."

"Yeah yeah. But, tell me the whole story. Hearing the short version is making no sense."

So Minseok spilled, and he told Baekhyun everything that had happened that night. All the details he remembered was enough to convince Baekhyun of that Minseok wasn't lying or had hit his head, and he was looking incredulously at Minseok as the other finished his story.

"Okay. I believe you. It sounds so impossible I can't help but just do so." 

❧❧

Hello everyone ! ~

Here we are, with another chapter ! Hopefully, you'll all enjoy it !

Thank you everyone who subscribned and commented !

badblood x Kpoploveralways