Into The Woods

The Prince and the Rock Star

Into The Woods

❧❧❧

“Ahhhh, hyung! Finally! Two months out of the city, far away from the constant royal drama; nothing but music, parties, and drinking!” Baekhyun exclaimed, throwing his bag on a bed. Then he laid down and sighed, content.

Minseok chuckled and threw a pillow at his friend, “get your up, Baek, let’s do something. I don’t wanna spend half a day on those stupid “let’s meet each other” gatherings. Let’s take a walk,” he ordered suggested and walked towards the door.

“That’s so gay, Minseok.”

“Still not as gay as you,” the older whispered and disappeared behind the door.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes but quickly got up and followed suit.

They sneaked out of the camp and took a walk around the lake. After many hours of gossiping, embarrassing each other, running, getting dirty and wet, and complaining about how much they don’t like first days at the camp, the sun started setting down and the boys neared a massive mansion.

“Wow,” Baekhyun gasped, “it’s really huge.”

“Yeah, I guess,” Minseok shrugged, looking up at the building at the end of the road.

“Have you heard?”

“Heard what?” He asked, raising an eyebrow.

“There are rumors that the queen caught the youngest prince , on all fours in the royal stables while some dude from a brothel was him. She went mad and send him here, to get him away from the capital. And no one has ever seen that brothel dude since,” Baekhyun whispered, and Minseok’s eyes grew wider as he swallowed.

“Bull,” he laughed nervously, “I will never believe any prince was caught like that. They are all prudes.”

“Still, one guy is missing,” Baekhyun stood by what he believed in, “plus, have you ever seen the young prince?”

“Never, I thought he wasn’t allowed out of the castle.”

“Exactly,” Baekhyun raised his finger in the air, as if trying to prove a point, and in that moment they heard a loud bang and quickly looked towards the door of the mansion.

❧❧

“Manfred! Manfred, prepare my horse!” someone who stormed out of the building yelled.

“He’s not Manfred you ! And no, Myeong, do not prepare any horses!” another voice joined, and both Minseok and Baekhyun frowned when they saw the first person that left the house sit down on the ground and cross his legs. Then, another person left the house, and the boy on the ground spoke again.

“I am leaving this ugly place; don’t you dare try to stop me!”

“You ain’t going anywhere, Jongdae, now go the back inside!” The other yelled, grabbing the boy by the collar starting to pull him inside.

“Let me go, let me go, let me go!” the boy, Jongdae, started screaming and kicking, “Jun, let me go or I’ll start screaming!”

“Scream as long as you wish, maybe you’ll finally lose your voice and shut up; it’s not like anyone’s gonna hear you or come rescue you. The whole kingdom is relieved that you are out of the capital!”

“Wow, that was rude.”

“Your ing is rude, Jongdae!”

“Excuse you, my is the most able thing in this whole world, it’s not rude but gold!”

“Not only are you an annoying piece of , but a as well! Dear Lord, what have I done to deserve a brother like you!”

“You were born with an ugly face; such a crime deserves a serious punishment.”

“YOU ING PIECE OF , GET UP AND GO BACK INSIDE BEFORE I KICK YOUR DAMN AND NO ONE WILL EVER BE ABLE TO YOU AGAIN, YOU HEAR ME!” he shouted, letting go of Jongdae, and the younger only smirked while quickly getting up.

“Catch me if you can, loser!” he laughed, and while turning around, he tripped over his own legs and fell down on the ground.

❧❧❧

Baekhyun covered his mouth with his hand, trying to surpass a laugh that was threatening to burst out of his chest, as he saw the boy fall down on his face. They watched the other boy grab the lying one by the legs and drag him into the house. When they were out of sight, Baekhyun burst out laughing, not being able to hold it any longer.

“I guess I was right, after all,” he breathed out, trying his best to stand up, as his knees were slowly giving up on him.

Four bottles of beer later, Minseok and Baekhyun were making their way back to the camp. The sun had already been gone for quite some time, and the two friends knew too well that they would be in massive trouble if they were caught drinking somewhere in the woods, outside of the camp, on the first day. So, not wanting to clean the toilets for the next two weeks, they were quickly strolling down the rocky road near the lake. When they were passing the royal mansion a light went on in one of the rooms, and when they looked up, they saw a shadow jumping out of the window on the first floor. A few seconds later, another light went on in front of the door and they saw the person from earlier – the young prince – sneaking out as well. He followed the same direction the previous shadow chose, and when Minseok and Baekhyun looked at each other, the only thing they needed was a smirk, and they were both running after the prince, too curious to let it go.

The only thing they didn’t think through was that they were in the woods. After dark. With no flashlights. The only outcome of this situation was that quickly after entering the forest they lost each other.

❧❧❧

Jongdae was lying on his bed, whining like a child. “No one understands me”, “this world is too cruel”, “I deserve better”. His tummy still hurt from earlier, when Junmyeon, he’s oh so beloved older brother, decided to give him the ride of his life and dragged him on the rocky and sandy road, then on the stairs and through the hall. The boy sighed and got up. He left his room wanting to find something to eat, but then his attention was suddenly focused on something different as he heard his brother speaking to someone when he passes the older’s room.

“I miss you, too, babe,” Junmyeon said, and Jongdae furrowed. “I cannot leave now, I have this of a brother to look after,” Junmyeon groaned. “Rude,” Jongdae thought, but kept on listening. “He’s not freaking ten, Min, so play him a movie and make him go to sleep at nine!” Then there were a few moments of silence and Jongdae was about to leave and return to his quest for food, when a sound reached his ears, and he wrinkled his nose, “did my brother just… moan?” he wondered, and then quickly shook his head. “Okay, I’ll be there in a moment,” Junmyeon said and Jongdae heard someone move things quickly. Being the little curious brat he was, there was no chance he would give his brother so called “privacy”, so he quickly ran down the stairs to the front door, and when he opened them and looked around, he saw a shadow disappear between the trees. He rolled his eyes at his brother and quickly followed suit, making sure the other would not see him. And of course after a few moments of making sure not to be seen, Jongdae was lost. He stood in a place, looking around, trying to find his brother, but he could neither see nor hear anything and anyone. He cursed under his breath and started walking around, hoping he would find a way out somehow. Instead, Kim Jongdae, a walking lucky charm, found something else. One careless step and the boy was hanging upside down above the ground, pitching on a branch, with a thick robe clashed around his ankle.

“Perfect!” he yelled, more than annoyed. He sighed, and looked into the darkness, praying for a miracle.

❧❧❧

Minseok cursed again as he walked into another root and then hit his head against another branch. “I ing hate woods,” he mumbled, as he straightened his back and started walking again. Not being able to see anything, he took a turn to the left and hit something again, but this time much harder. He stumbled back and let out a very unmanly scream as he realized there was something big hanging from the tree in front of him. When he heard the thing give out a sound, he took one more step back.

“WHAT THE IS THIS?!” he screamed.

“Ouch, I take offense to that,” the “thing” mumbled, and Minseok screamed again.

“IT TALKES!”

“YES, BECAUSE I AM A PERSON!” someone screamed back, and it took Minseok a few moments to process what he had heard, and when he finally realized that it was actually a person in front of him, he let out a sigh of relief.

“Geez, why the are you hanging from the tree?” Minseok asked, trying to calm his heart down.

“Oh, I just loooooove hanging down from trees, you know. It’s like a hobby of mine.”

“Seriously?” Minseok asked again, confused.

“OF COURSE NOT YOU , I GOT STUCK IN A ING BEAR TRAP!” the person yelled, and Minseok just rolled his eyes.

“Well, you won’t be going down with such an attitude.”

“Excuse you, who said I even wanted to ask for help?!”

“I don’t see anyone else here who’d be willing to help you, and it doesn’t seem like you know how to free yourself on your own,” the boy pointed out.

“I was doing perfectly fine without you, mister smarty pants, thank you!”

“Someone has an attitude,” Minseok chuckled.

“OF COURSE I HAVE AN ATTITUDE, I AM TRAPPED, OH MY GOD WHY ARE YOU SO STUPID?!”

“Okay, since you’re doing SO well getting down, I’ll just sit here and wait for you to get down,” he shrugged, and sat down smirking, watching the pitching boy.

“I don’t need you, go away.”

“But I wanna stay.”

“But I don’t want you to.”

“Well, what a shame there’s nothing you can do about it.”

“My father will hear about this.”

“Yeah, and who is your father to even care about this?”

“Your king.”

Upon hearing that, Minseok’s eyes grew winder and he swallowed loudly.

“Impossible,” he whispered, looking at the other figure.

“Nothing is impos…,” the other started but never got to finish as the next thing Minseok heard was a loud crack and a bang, and a bunch of curses.

“What happened, are you alright?!” he asked, more than irritated that he couldn’t see much.

“As fine as you can be after falling down from the tree,” the other boy mumbled, and upon nearing the boy enough, Minseok realized the branch broke and was now lying on the "poor" boy. He quickly pushed it aside, and the boy rolled onto his back with a loud whine.

“Hey, can you walk?” Minseok questions, trying his best to examine the boy, but due to the lack of any source of light, he failed.

“Not right now, just let me lay here for a moment, or two… or forever. I think I see the light. Please tell my mum it wasn’t me who ate that cake,” the stranger mumbled dramatically, and Minseok only rolled his eyes and put his hands underneath the other’s body and pulled him up from the ground. He adjusted the body in his arms, and carrying the boy bridal style he started walking out of the woods.

“Stop it, you’re not dying.”

“How would you know?!”

“What’s your name?” Minseok asked, ignoring the previous question.

“Jongdae,” the boy answered, resting his head on his savior’s arm. “Yours?”

“Minseok,” he answered, and looked down. They were nearing the road and there was less and less trees here, which meant more light reached the area around them. The moonlight was shining directly onto Jongdae’s face, and Minseok smiled lightly at how peaceful the boy looked. He watched how the other’s dark hair was falling on his long eyelashes and closed eyes; his eyes landed on the other’s high cheekbones, and Minseok suddenly felt an urgent need to brush his fingers over the sleeping boy’s features. And he would if only he wasn’t busy carrying Jongdae.

Jongdae, feeling the other’s gaze on him, and how his eyes were examining his face, smiled lightly to himself because one, he loved attention, and two, it was long since he last felt someone watch him so softly and gently. Despite being an annoying little , Prince Kim Jongdae, the forever troublemaker, had feelings too. 

❧❧❧

Hello everyone!

Here's a little introduction to the story ! ~ 

Thank you to everyone who subscribed and commented! We hope you'll like this ! ~

Happy New Year !

badblood x Kpoploveralways