Chapter 7

Stygian

Krystal was walking back to the chambers where she truly belong. Back to where her family is and where the other servants like her live. She was hurt deeply. Every step she take, she felt a stab on her chest. She was so stupid. She shouldn't have said those words but then again she felt so scared to him that time. He was not the same man that she knew. He is not her Myungsoo that time and it scared her. Seeing that side of him. It was to brutal for her.

She gently knocked on the door as she reached her family's chambers. She felt so lost. She had been holding up the tears that has been building up since Myungsoo made her live his room. She felt regret and relief at the same time. Relief that she had somehow got away with that monster and regret that she left the poor beast all by himself alone. Regret that she had just thrown away the chances for their love.

"Krystal... darling what happened to you?" Her mother asked. And it did it. All the tears that she has been holding up flowed to her cheeks. She cried hard ever than she did in her while life. She cried all the pain that she felt at the moment but it seems that it didn't even lessen the pain that she felt.

That night was a dark night for two persons and it seems that the heavens was mourning for the two hearts that has been shattered as it showered the whole kingdom with storm.

Krystal and L lay in their own beds. Both lie down thinking of each other, crying for their lost love. A single tear slipped through L's eyes and trickle down his cheeks. He touched his cheeks and brought it to his eyes to see the evidence of hurt. Never in his life had he cried. Never until now. Then, streams of tears flowed to his cheeks and he cannot stop it, so he just let it flow and savoured the pain. The proof that even monsters can love and be hurt.

'Never will I fall in love again.' The king vowed to himself.

***

Krystal woke up early. Her eyes were swollen but she didn't care. Eveything is back to normal. She is a slave once more. She have to do her tasks or else she would be punished. And this time for sure.

She was assigned to the kitchen. She cooked breakfast for the king. For Myungsoo. It broke her heart remembering him. She was very busy cooking when a servant approached her. She knew this girl. She was the girl that she tried to defend from the vampire gurad. 

"Hi... my name is Luna. Thank you for saving me last time." She said shyly. Krystal smiled thinking of the possibility og having a new friend.

"It was nothing." She smiled and Luna smiled back.

"Can I help you with something?" Luna asked. Krtstak nodded and directed her to prepare the plates for the king.

***

L woke up and prepared himself for the whole day. Back to normal where there are no Krystal girl in his life. He went to the dining room. His food was prepared as always. Once he brought the food to his mouth, the flavours burst in his tongue. It was delicious. The most delicious food he ever tasted.  He ordered one guard to come forward. 

"Tell the one who is in charge in the kitchens that whoever made my breakfast for today shall make my breakfast everyday." He ordered and the guard nodded.

After eating breakfast, he was on his way to his office but noticed a servant cleaning the furnitures. Of course he knows her. How can he forget her. She was the love of his life.

Krystal felt tingles at the back of her neck and it made her stop on the middle of her work. She knows this kind of feeling, only him can make her feel that way. She turned her head to the side and there he was, standing in front of her. Frozen in his roots as their eyes connected with each other. They stared at each other. Drowning in the feeling of how they missed each other. L broke the stare. When he returned his gaze to her she froze. Now it is the monster in front of her. L took a step towards her and she automatically moved backwards, fear evident in her face as she remembered that brutal night. L gritted his teeth. She really thinks he is a monster. It hurt him but war hurt him the most is seeing her cower away from him because of fear.

L continued to walk towards her and she continued to back away until she hit the wall. He leaned his face close to her. She can feel his breathe on her skin. He can smell her scent and it drives him crazy. All he wanted to do was to beg for her love but before he can do that, he put up an act.

"Never stop in the middle of your work. Or else I'll punish you with my own hands" L said coldly that made Krystal shiver. She just gave a small nod and he went away not even sparing her a second look. Who was that guy? Krystal was confused by the sudden change of things between them.

L was pissed. He became weak because of her. He even thought of begging to her. He is a king and he does not beg. I should get rid of this feelings, he thought. 

'I hate her ' he tried to convince himself.

Then a creepy smile creep in his lips. He has a plan. And she will not like it. It will make her hate him more. And it was a perfect punishment for her.

Today, a strong king is born.

***

Krystal was resting when a guard called upon her. She became nervous. She was thinking of the endless possibilities that might happen. The gurad walked her though many walls. Each turn they maid the more nervous she get, until they stopped in front of a door. She knows this room. It is the room where prisoners and other servants was punished. This is the basement, the king's playground.

Is he going to punish me? Krystal panicked at the thought. The guard pushed her inside and she faced him.

"The king ordered you to clean this whole room." Then the guard locked her inside.

Krystal roamed her eyes around the room and it sickened her seeing many bloods around the room. She hates it. It remind her of what a monster he can be. Or maybe that's whay he wanted me to do. To hate him. But she can't. No matter how dark Myungsoo go, Krystal knows that she can never hate him even if it causes her life.

With trembling hands, Krystal started to rub off the blood that staind the room and the other torture devices. Each scrub, she can hear the scream of the many persons that died in this room. It scared her. She felt the air getting hotter and the screams in her head started to get louder and then the world went black.

***

Krystal saw a boy. By the looks of him, you would know that he is a royalty, dressed in the finest clothes. He was playing and smiling on the carpeted floor as his parents watch him  with a smile. They are a vampire family. She can tell by the color of their eyes and skin.

She took a closer look to the boy and realized it was him. Myungsoo.

It fluttered her heart seeing the young Myungsoo.

Then suddenly, the doors of the living room flew open and soldiers went in. His parents stood in alarm and her mother carried him. 

"What's going on here?" His father aksed, protecting his family. Then the soldiers made a way in the middle and came out a man in a hood.

"I think you know already." The man in the hood said. His face was hidden due to the shadow of the hood.

"Tch. Stop talking nonsense. That prophecy is not true." His father said.

"You know it is. You where there in the council meeting. And you know that it is your son whom the prophecy is talking about." The hooded man said and stepped forward.

"Lovers separated by fate shall be brought together by time. And together, they shall destroy the world." The hooded man recited the prophecy.

"We cannot let that happen. Sorry old friend but we have to stop that from happening." The hooded man turned and walk back. Once he reach the door, he gave a command that changed everything in the child's life.

"Kill them."

***

Krystal woke up from her nightmare. She was covered in sweat and her heart was beating fast. She looked to her surroundings and noticed that she was still in the basement. She got up from the ground and knocked on the door.

"I'm done cleaning." She said in a weak voice. She couldn't stand to be inside this room any longer. It drives her insane.

The guard opened the door and checked for the room, once clear they let her go and Krystal went running to the garden to seek comfort.

She sat under a tree and brought her head down to her knees and cried. Why does he have to be so cruel to her. She cried and cried not knowing that in one of the windows of the palace, there he was, standing, looking at ger as she cried.

 

A/N: I'm very sorry if I hadn't updated for a while. I was busy for school so please understand. I'll try my best to updated as soon as I can.

So how was the chapter???