Chapter 5

Stygian

Krystal kept on running away from him. She forced her feet to go faster. She thought she lost him until she bumped something hard in front of her that made her fall to the ground. Then her arm was grabbed to make her stand up. Now she was facing him and she could see the anger which is expressed in his face. Suddenly, she felt a pain on her cheek. He slapped her and if it wasn't for his hand holding her, she would've fallen to the ground.

"You b*tch! Get ready to die!"

He was holding a sword on the other hand. Krystal couldn't believe it. So this was it then. She closed her eyes tightly and waited for the sword that would bring her to oblivion.

'Myungsoo.' He was the only person in her mind. She wished that she would be able to see her again one last time.

 She was bracing herself for her death. Seconds felt like years ad the clock went ticking. She was waiting.

"Aaarhg!" She heard cries of pain coming from her attacker and her eyes flew wide open to see what was happening.

Standing at the back of her attacker was Myungsoo, who is holding the hands of her attacker that is ready to take her life away.

"What the are you doing Hoya?!" 

Myungsoo was furious. His eyes were now in the deep shade of red.  He was baring his fangs on this guy whom he called Hoya.

He threw Hoya and he landed hundreds of feets away. Krystal just stared at Myungsoo with shock. Some of her was afraid of him right now and some wanted to hug him. 

When L looked to Krystal, his form changed. He was back to Myungsoo, the guy she knows. He gently walk towards her and hugged her tightly.

"Sorry for being late, love. I'm so sorry." He said with tenderness then he cupped her face and placed a gentle kiss on her forehead. Krystal couldn't help it but to cry. She wanted to seek his comfort and protection but she couldn't move. She was shocked, she nearly died.

"Shh... don't cry. I'll get him for you. I'll make him pay." His eyes were turning red with rage when he said that. He then looke at Dongwoo and Sungyeol.

"Take her to my room and keep her safe no matter what." The two nodded and walked towards them.

L gently stood Krystal up and looked at her.

"Go with them. They will take care of you while I finish some business here, okay?" Krystal just nodded unable to speak. L smiled at her and kissed her on her head, memorizing her scent.

Sungyeol and Dongwoo took Krystal to L's room as L went to finish the bastard who dared to hurt his love.

***

Krystal was walking along the corridors of the palace with Dongwoo ang Sungyeol on her side. It was very quiet. Only their footsteps could be heard. No one dared to break the silence till they reached L's room.

Get inside, my lady. We will be guarding you by these doors." Sungyeol said and Krystal just nodded obeying his orders.

Once inside, Krystal went by the windows to see if Myungsoo was okay. She was worried for him. Because she knows that he owns something deep in her heart.

***

L was now hunting his prey. The poor thing that he will be torturing. He can't wait to get his hands on this poor thing.

He was lurking in the garden, wanting to add an excitement to this game where he will surely win. Then he sensed his prey and an evil smirk crept on his fanged lips, his eyes glowing red with the light of the moon. It's play time.

He swiftly turned around to face his prey which held a look of surprise in his face. Hoya was holding a sword ready to pierce L's heart but he stood frozen as he look with horror to his king. 

L punched Hoya and flew 50 feet away but before he could land to the ground, L ran to him only to punch him and send him flying away again. L kept doing that toll he felt satisfied.

L leaned towards Hoya, who is now lying on the ground with bloodied face. L grabbed Hoya's sword and cut his skin so slowly so that he could feel the smooth cold blade cutting through his body. Hoya yelped a cry and this brings joy to L as he was now smiling fully enjoying Hoya's pain. He cept drawing lines on Hoya's body using his own sword until his whole body was painted with his own blood.

He grabbed Hoya by the hair and forced his head to level his. L smiled at him with pure evil then drag his body to the part of the garden where the moon shines brightest. Hoya could now clearly see the face of his king whom he betrayed. It is true that no creature can ever defeat him.

***

Krystal saw L. Not her Myungsoo. He was the beast with red eyes and peircing fangs. He was not the man she love.

She watched with horror as L tortured the poor soul. She watched every sickening thing he did to the guy. And it scared her more than ever.

He have Hoya in his hand. Bleeding and his face can be barely recognized. The moon is brightly shing on them and she could clearly see their actions.

She couldn't breath. She's now more scared to Myungsoo that to the guy he is holding on. She was trembling. Who is this merciless man?

Krystal watched Myungsoo trail his sharp nails to Hoya's chest where his heart is located. Then slowly, L planted one of his finger slowly then added another. He was doing it so slowly to make sure that Hoya will be in so much pain. 

Now all of his fingers were in his chest, L smiled at Hoya and with that he took out his hand out of his chest, taking his heart with it.

Krystal shrieked in horror. Her eyes were continuously crying. L snapped his head to look where the sound came from and saw Krystal. Krystal immediately retrieved into the room as they made an eye contact. His eyes held an unexplainable emotion. He quickly threw the body which turned into dust as it hit the ground. He hurriedly went to his Krystal, worried.

 

A/N: was L too brutal?