Chapter 1

Stygian

Krystal was doing her first task as a servant in the palace. That is, cleaning the garden. There's not much to clean because everything in this palace was left perfect. There is no room for any single dirt. So she just decided to trim the growing leaves from the trimmed plants. She was doing her chore with such grace and care. She was humming to entertain herself while working. Then she treated the roses by sprinkling some water to them. She couldn't help to admire the beautiful thing that is right in front of her. Krystal took the rose by her hand and smelled it. It's petals were red as if it is painted with blood. She flinched at the thought.

Suddenly, she felt tingles at the back of her neck as if someone was watching her. Quickly, she looked behind her back and saw nothing, but at her periphery, she saw a window and there stood a silhouette of a man. It send shivers down her spine as she saw the man's glowing red eyes staring at her, watching her as she take heavy breathes. She couldn't move a muscle, it's like she is trapped in a spell, an eternal spell. She couldn't divert her eyes from the figure in the window. Somehow, she felt her heart beating faster as she watched the figures every move to the end of the window. She was waiting for the man to appear in font of her then drink her blood till she dies, cause that's what vampires do right? But she was wrong. Nothing came, but she waited for a minute just to make sure but still, there was nothing.

Krystal turned her back but before she could even take a step, there she saw a red rose tied with a black ribbon on the gound in front of her. She picked it up and admired its beauty. It looks like an ordinary rose, like any of the roses that can be found in the garden but Krystal could tell something is special with this rose. It's color was a deeper shade of red and it's fragrance was stronger and more alluring than the others.

As she was observing the flower, her eyes went to the ribbon and there she saw a piece of paper attached to it. The paper has the same color of the ribbon; so black like the oblivion.

She took the paper and opened it. Written in the piece o fpaper were words that made Krystal's heart beat faster than ever. Not because of fear but because of another emotion that is very foreign to her.

"Beautiful isn't it? But they are nothing compared to you."

It made her heart flutter and her knees so weak.

Krystal was blushing so deeply but she didn't know that out there in the shadow of the trees, someone was hiding and admiring her from a far, a smile building in his face because of her. She completely took him away from the very first sight of her. And from that very moment, he knew everything will change. Because of her.

***

L was doing his daily duties as a king as always. Everyday same duties, same routine. It has grown in him. And he felt so tired. 

He decided to take a break. To get away from his duties for a while. He knows that this is his responsibility for being a king. For destroying the human world and turn them into slaves in their own world. He lead the vampires in overtaking this world which is now their world and his kingdom. So basically, it's all his fault but come on, he has the right to be tired. He is a human after all, hmm, okay so maybe not. But he is a living creature, hmm, okay maybe not again or maybe he is a half living creature? Ugh I don't know anymore but stop, vampires can get tired you know. Maybe not physically, but mentally.

L decided to get some freshair so he went by the window in his office where he can see the garden. Observing the garden, he saw a girl t the leaves. He never saw this girl before, maybe this was her first time? He didn't know why but he had the urge of seeing the girl's face. 

'Turn around' he said in his mind.

Then suddenly, the girl turned around and it took his breathe away. She was the most beautiful girl he have ever seen. Her beauty was incomparable to any vampire nor human. She was like an angel, not that he believe in angels.

His heart was beating faster, he had never had this kind of feeling. It was new to him. He'll, he didn't even know he had a heart until it started beating faster just now. 

He stared at her and she just stared back at him. None of them was breaking the state. It was like they are trapped in their own world. Own world, the thought  made L think. He could make their own world. Just for the two of them. He smiled at the thought, but it was not any ordinary smile. It was a smile tinted with evil. 

He moved out of the window. Using his speed, he went to the garden and picked a rose that caught his eyes then went to his room where he wrote a letter for her and tied it to the ribbon. After that, using his power again, he placed it behind her without getting noticed and his in the shadows of the trees, silently observing her.

A smirk crept his face when the girl picks the rose and read the letter. He can here her. The way she breathed faster. The way her heart raced in her chest. He can smell her. It brought out the beast in him. Her scent was so addictive. L was on his edge. He can feel that he can no longer control himself so before he could do anything, he ran away from her spot to calm his nerves. 

'What is she doing to me?' 

L asked himself. Only one thing is clear to him. He got to have her no matter what.

He went to the basement of his castle. This is the only thing that could calm him.

He ordered one of the guards to get one of the prisoners. He smiled with such evilness just thinking of the pain, cries and plead of his next victim. Sufferings of others calm him. It makes him happy. Seeing them in a pin and in agony only boosts his hunger for torture and blood.

The door opened and he saw a guard carrying one of the prisoners. The prisoner was a boy with short wild hair. He was wearing tattered clothes tainted with blood.

The prisoner was looking at his surroundings. He was in a room with no window. There was only one door guarded by two soldiers.  Attached in the walls were chains, there was a table in the middle of the room and there, laid different objects used for torturing. There was no escape in this place except death.

"What is your name?" L asked the prisoner.

The boy was about to answer but L cut him off.

"NahI don't want it. You'll be dead soon. Chain him."

The guards chained the prisoner.

"No! Please no!" The prisoner said but L just smirked.

"Let's start your torture shall we?"

No one ever heard his cries of pain and of someone does, they chose to ignore it cause they know that if they try to interfere, they will be next.

 

A/N : happy new year everyone! :)