Ken's Act 1

The Darkest night

    (A month ago)

Jaehwan stared down at the sleeping form of him roomate, eyes focusing on the star mark on his neck. Why was HE here of all places? Could he ever escape? Shaking his head, Jaehwan moved closer, feeling his own power shift through his body, giving him strength to do what he was going to, to the boy he had come to love like a brother. Finger twitching in anticipation, Jaehwan came into contact with the sleeping boy's neck, right where that dammed star was, and felt the push of energy rushing from his body. Sluggishly standing up, Jaehwan smiled down as he saw the mark shimmer and dissapear momentarily, a peach colored heart coming into view for a moment as the star came back. Huffing his relief, Jaehwan walked from the room, noticing his phone buzzing angrily in the corner.

   Completely forgetting about what he had done for Hyuk, Jaehwan grabbed his phone, tears pickling at his eyes when he saw the message written on its glowing screen. Ravi had broken up with him.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

(A day or two after that)

   Jaehwan yawned as he woke up, hearing the sounds of Hyuk rushing around, getting ready for class. . Jaehwan quickly rolled out of bed, searching through one of the drawers on the nightstand next to his bed, feverishly searching for something.

   "Aish, where is it?!" He whisper yelled at himself, fingers reaching and searching. Eventually, he found that precious talisman, and rushed out to Hyuk, ing the hollow stone towards him.

   "Here, just take it!" He gasped, panting after rushing to meet the younger. Hyuk just sent him a weird look and rolled his eyes, shoving the stone into his pocket and waving goodbye as he went off on his first class. Sighing again in relief, Jaehwan leaned against the wall, staring at his now charred fingertips as the skin slowly knit itself back together, red, burnt skin cells dropped off as each second passed.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

 (When Ravi dissapeared)

   Jaehwan was super pissed. The second he saw the mark and discovered Ravi was missing, he linked the two together, leading back to one culprit and his "Oh so perfect" cousin. Growling in anger, he was glad Hyuk had gone to class, thinking that the boy was mourning the loss of his boyfriend, but no. Jaehwan wasn't sad, he knew Ravi would turn up again, they always did, but he would be different. He had to keep the act up to protect Hyuk, he couldn't let the facade fall. 

   "Yes," he murmered to himself. "I can't let Hyuk know the truth" he whispered, playing with his fingertips as silvery threads shone in the light, seemingly attaching his fingertips to whatever was connected to the ends. Nodding towards the still figure who lay in the chair beside him, along with her four companions, he sent them off with a flick of his wrist.

   "You know what to do" He murmered, as the figures dissapeared, the beautiful subject chosen as the female turning and walking as if holding great power, while in reality she was just another pawn.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

   (When Ravi returned, before the puppeteer attack)

   Jaehwan couldn't believe his eyes, at least to Hyuk it seemed like that. The redhead opposite of him could tell otherwise, as they had known each other before ever meeting at the school. Shooting Leo a dangerous look, Jaehwan hugged the now orange haired male, feeling at loss when he felt the demonic energy eminating from his body. Swallowing the frown that wanted to spread across his face, Jaehwan put on a bright smile, acting again for Hyuk's sake. Thankfully it was late in the day, so there were no more classes. Quickly, Jaehwan told Hyuk he was going to hang out with Ravi, a dark look passing his face as Hongbin had come around behind Hyuk, winding his arms around the poor human ' s waist, Taekwoon repeating the process. Then he dragged Ravi off, they needed to talk.

   The second Ravi and Jaehwan were in the dorm, Jaehwan felt himself being pinned to the dorm door, the orange haired male quickly beginning to work on his neck.

   "J...jaeh!" Ravi stuttered between each rough kiss as he made his way up his neck. "I missed you...so so much" he murmered planting a final kiss on his neck, and pulling away to meet the eyes of his lover. Smirking to the male pinned beneath him, Ravi made to kiss his lips, only for Jaehwan to send him a sad look, and flick his wrists, and immediatly, Ravi was pulled back, being suspended above the floor by thin, almost invisible strands. Growling in confusion, Ravi's eyes flashed red again in anger as he tried to go to Jaehwan again, making no progress as the male's eyes locked onto his own. "What is this Jaehwan?!" He yelled, glaring down at the male below.

   "Look Ravi, am I truly human?" Jaehwan asked, moving closer, displaying his fingers to the make who was being held up in the air. Tracing the strands back to Jaehwan's fingertips, Ravi's eyes widened in realization. The weeks he had been gone, Ravi had gone through The Change, and during that time he had been told about different types of demons.

    "N...No...not you too! No Jaehwan you cant!" Ravi stammered, pink tears at the corners of his eyes. He watched as Jaehwan shook his head sadly, hiding away his silver tipped fingers, and Ravi was gently lowered to the ground. From there, the young vampire scrambled away from him, back pressed against the wall.

   "What is the meaning of this?" He yelped, fearfully trying to escape. Jaehwan just paused for a moment, focusing on something, and then snapped, the window flipping open, revealing the red hair of Leo who was perched on a tree next to the dorm.

   "Why dont you join us Leo, while I explain whats going on"

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

   "So wait, you were never human?" Leo asked once everyone had settled down. The cold evening air drifted into the room through the open window. How the hell had he marked a demon as his mate? Specifically, a demon of Jaehwan's caliber?!

   "Sadly, no Taekwoon" he responded, using Leo's human name. "I was born a so long ago, my kind had been forgotten." He said. Staring off in the distance. "I had gotten so lonely, that I made the choice to blend into the human society, try to find some people, no matter how short their life spans, to become friends with, I was so lonely." He murmered, meeting Leo's eyes. "Then I met Ravi, and then Leo, I met you"

   Ravi just sat there speechless, barely able to follow the information packed conversation going on, many holes being poked into whatever assumptions he had made.

   "Yah, hold on Jaehwan hyung, you aren't a human right? You are a demon, correct?" Ravi asked, focusing on his hyung, who just nodded his head. "Then what is your demon born name?"

   "Ken" He responded, a light smile upon his features. Just then, Leo's eyes widened in surprise.

   "No, no way. You aren't actually..." he began, being cut off by Jaehwan's nod again.

   "Yes, yes I am him. I'm the last, and only male puppeteer demon there ever was."

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Authors note:

So basically, I wanted to update and let you know what happened with Hyuk, this is only part one of two I think of background information. This will show whats up with Ken, and why Hyuk is acting so weird. Oh yeah, that female puppeteer was only one of Jaehwan's pawns that he used to play around with Hyuk's relationship with Hongbin. I hope this was okay, and not too confusing.