Heart Of A Man

Diamond Heart Of An Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been a month since I date Ryohei and our film will be aired tonight at the midnight. My relationship with him already spread on media but somehow it didn’t make my Monday Couple fans decrease. The news spread as the reporter who took the picture actually taking a photo of Gary beating Ryohei and it cause a ruckus. To stop it from spreading more and since I confess to him, we decide to tell them that we’re dating. And to make things worse, someone take a photo of us kissing at front of my house and then everything slightly changed. Not to mention my relationship with Jong Kook oppa looks usual on the screen but as soon as the camera off, he’s being cold towards me and I guess I have to learn how to adapt with it.

 But somehow on the Running Man set today, I couldn’t help but to look at him with concern looks. He looks so thinned and his tan skin somehow becoming pale. Not to mention that he have eye bag under his eyes. I don’t know what happen to the man that obsessed over health looks like a dying person now.

As soon as the camera is on, I can see him forcing a smile towards the camera while Jae Suk started to greet the audience.

“Anyeonghashimnika! Today we met again in Running Man and somehow we are welcoming back Song Ji Hyo who have been absent for a few episode due to her filming. Aigooo Ji Hyo yah… How can you make us miss you so much! So why don’t you tell us about your new film?” Jae Suk turns to look at me with other members

“Nneh… My new film is finished and it will be aired tonight at the midnight cinema. I really hope that this film will get highest rate among others since me and the crew really work hard towards this film.” I don’t really know what to say anymore since it’s pretty awkward between me and Jong Kook oppa who stand next to me. And not to mention Gary who didn’t look interested in hearing me.

“Wahhh… Noona must be very happy since this film combining her and Ryohei shi.” Kwang Soo suddenly interrupts and somehow I felt like wanna punch him in the face. It’s true that I might date Ryohei but somehow I don’t like it when they brag about Ryohei on the set. I just nod a bit while looking at the floor. Pretending that I’m blushing.

“Anyway, without further due we are looking forward to our guest. PDnim, may we know who are our guest today?” Jae Suk then change the topic and I can feel relieved a bit. The PD say that today would be a couple race and some of us will pair with the guest based on random vote by picking piece of paper.

“Okay! So who is our first guest then?” Suk Jin who can’t be impatient just look around before someone coming through the door. I look at her for a glance before look at other member. She quickly stand beside Jong Kook oppa and hold his hands. He’s a bit surprised but then he hug her.

“Welcome Eun Hye yah.” Jong Kook oppa greet her with a warm smile meanwhile other members just clapping and cheering loudly. I just hug her for a bit before standing at the end of line next to Haha. But then, suddenly the members make a surprised sound and look at me. I look at them who look at my side. As soon as I turn to my right side, Ryohei was standing there with a poker face.

“Omo!~ Indeed it is a couple race! Welcome Ryohei shi! From where did you come in?” Jae Suk also a bit surprised by his sudden appearance.

“I was standing behind the camera before slowly sneak in.” He just grin sheepishly meanwhile I just can’t stop looking at him.

“Ji Hyo yah. You can stare at him longer after this. Close your mouth or there might be bug flying.” Haha teased me which make me a bit shocked. I turn to look at them with a blank face before slowly another guest appeared. And this time she’s and idol adored by Gary.

“Seol Hyun!! Welcome! Welcome!” The members gone wild and somehow I can see that Gary is blushing and quickly stand next to her.

“Yashhh! Gary yah! Let me be the one who stand next to her!” Before Haha could even finish talk, the next guest come running towards him and pull his hair.

“Omo! Byul ah? Hahahah!” Jae Suk only laugh before suddenly his wife and Suk Jin wife come afterwards. And for the first time ever the stage seems awkward. Kwang Soo who’s still alone suddenly throwing tantrum.

“Yahhh!!! If this race is meant for people with their partner! Then who am I gonna be with??!!”

“You got a problem with that?” Suddenly Gook Joo come in and made him look at her with a blank face. All the member including me and guest laugh at them before the PD start to talk again.

They might be your partner in real life—“

“Andwaeee!!!!!!!” Kwang Soo suddenly scream making us shocked before Gook Joo cover his mouth and look at the PD, asking him to continue. All of us laughing the PD continue to explain the situation.

“But somehow, you will have to pick a piece of paper from this box to choose your partner. The box will contain the girls name that will be your partner in the mission. Please, pick the paper first.” Kwang Soo the first to step in front and pick the paper.

“Yesss!!! Seol Hyun yahhh!!!” He looks so happy as the idol name was written on the paper and that make her shock somehow. Gary could only look at them with unbelievable looks.

But then it was Jong Kook turn to pick the paper. As soon as he pick it, he look at it a bit longer before sigh. “Ji Hyo.” My eyes went wide as he say my name. But somehow I felt hurt because his face doesn’t look very happy. Eun Hye also look at me with unsatisfied look before Jong Kook approach me. But then Ryohei grab my hands, making everyone look at him in confuse.

He then give my hands to him. “I’ll lend her to you today.” Jong Kook look at him with unreadable expression while I’m still in the state of shocked. But then he take my hand and now I’m standing between them. After the pair has been decided and somehow Eun Hye is paired with Ryohei, we split to do the mission at different place.

The drive to our mission site is pretty awkward since our destination is the furthest. I look outside the window which is raining pretty hard. Remembering how close we are before Eun Hye come into the picture again. Jong Kook suddenly cough making me turn to look at him.

“You should take care of yourself more. You look like you’re dying.”

“It’s none of your business.” I don’t know if the camera is recording the cold atmosphere between us now.

“It is my problem if you suddenly die here and I die in a crash.” As I say, I need to change so no more Miss Mong.

“Oh wow. Are you scared of dying?” He still coughing and I’m pretty concern about him.

“If I have to leave Ryohei, yes I am.” I try as hard as I can ot to look worried about him. He bite his inner lips and focused on the road.

“You look even skinnier than him now.” What I don’t know is, he’s gripping the steering wheel hard every time I mention Ryohei.

“I’m glad I fall in love with him.” He suddenly brake the car before turning off the camera in the car and I almost kiss the dashboard.

“What the hell??” I look at him with deep frown as he look at me with serious looks.

“Tell me honestly. Did you fall in love with him because he is Ryohei or did you fall in love with him because he’s actually a copy of mine?!” That’s it. I was stunned. I don’t know what to say as he look at me deep in the eyes. He smirk then.

“See? You didn’t even know your real feelings.” He look at me with his arrogant look while I just return his smirk.

“You’re too confident of yourself Mr. Kim Jong Kook shi… What made you think like that?” His smirk disappeared and replace with a serious looks.

“Ryohei is much better than you. He’s the perfect man for me. Unlike you….” I lean close to him and whisper in his ears.

“He’s willing to protect what belong to him without breaking his hearts and others. Kim Jong Kook

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter