@jungtaekken | Soonyoung

Christmas Gift | from chwenism @ twitter

 

@jungtaekken | Ace x Soonyoung

 

Sunday sundae.

It’s something that I usually do. Every Sunday afternoon, after eating lunch, I go out to my favourite ice cream shop and order a sundae. A strawberry sundae, to be exact.

I used to do this with my best friend, but then his family moved away. It was our tradition ever since we were little. It started when I was playing around at our neighbourhood’s playground, and I fell off the monkey bars, scratching my knee.

And he was there, trying to stop me from crying so much. He asked me what made me happy the most, and I answered ice cream. We were barely seven years old, and all that we could afford was a single soft serve ice cream cone. The two of us shared it, sitting at a curb near my house, thinking what would the future become to be.

From there he made us both promise to ourselves that we would always have that moment, every Sunday.

As we grew, we had better days. We would sit in this very ice cream shop and tell each other the adventures of how our week went. But then he left me. I don’t blame him though, his parents were having a hard time so they decided to move back to their hometown.

It’s been a year and nine months ever since he left, and I still carry on our tradition.

I ordered my strawberry sundae and sat down on a booth next to the window. I took a picture of it, like I always do, and started eating slowly.

I was halfway through finishing it when someone, a tall boy with silver hair, suddenly sat down in front of me with a huge cone and three scoops of cookie dough flavoured ice cream. I blinked at him and raised my eyebrows. He was handsome, and he smiled at me with his teeth shining. “Hi.” He greeted.

“Uh, hi…”  I mumbled.

The boy chuckled, “So you’re Ace, huh?”

I frowned, “How do you know my name?”

“Ah, so it is you!” He nodded. “I’ve heard about you a lot, he wouldn’t stop talking-”

“Alright, Mingyu, that’s enough.” Someone said and I looked up to see a boy with light, purple hair looking at the boy in front of me. He was holding a chocolate sundae.

Mingyu beamed and looked at me. “See you.” He said before getting up and leaving.

Weird day.

“Sorry about that, he was, uh…” The boy with purple hair mumbled and I shrugged.

“It’s-” I began but then he surprised me by taking his seat in front of me. He smiled at me nervously and then started to eat his sundae. It’s not like I’m complaining, but what’s with these attractive boys sitting with me today?

I cleared my throat and the boy looked at me, making me blink and shift awkwardly on my seat as I ate my sundae. “You don’t recognize me, do you?” He suddenly asked and I looked back at him again.

“What?” I asked and he smiled, his eyes shining and it hit me just then. The chocolate sundae, the eye smile… “Y-You had black hair back then.”

He laughed and took a spoonful from my strawberry sundae. “Is it just me or did you gain weight from eating all these ice cream every week?”

I stared at him with my mouth wide open, gaping at him, thinking whether or not if he was for real and is really right in front of me. He rolled his eyes, “Aw, come on. No welcome back? Or hello? How’ve you been? I missed you? No hugs?”

“I hate you.”

“Thank you, I missed you too.” He grins and shrugs, reaching over the table to hug me.

I hugged him back and smiled. “Why didn’t you tell me you were coming back?”

“I wanted it to be a surprise, you know?” He says and moves to sit down next to me. “And Mingyu, he’s my friend. He was curious about you.”

I nodded, “Yeah, well. Never mind about that. You owe me 84 strawberry sundaes, equivalent from how long you’ve been gone.”

He put a hand on his chest and scoff. “I’m hurt. I was expecting tears, hugs, and more tears but this is what I came back to?”

I slap his chest and smile, “Welcome back, Soonyoung.”

“You’re lame.”

“Your surprise appearance is lame.”

“It’s good to be back.”

 


 

Weird. I keep on writing weird stories. And yes, he’s just your best friend here because yeah I wouldn’t want it to be cliché?
Ugh. Anyways, Merry Christmas! Love you, Ace!

tumblr_nufywbAf5l1spwfcso1_540.gif