@boo980116 | Seungkwan

Christmas Gift | from chwenism @ twitter

 

@boo980116 ; sofia x seungkwan

 

I woke up early today, partly because I needed to study a few hours before my exam this afternoon, and partly because I was craving for a warm cup of hot chocolate in this cold weather. It’s currently 7am in the morning and the small café a few blocks away from my house was in its quiet, peaceful state with the pleasant smell of coffee being brewed.

I stood in line patiently while looking on the menu on top of the counter, deciding what size should I get. There was a boy in front of me, dressed in a cozy, beige trench coat with his messy brown hair and angelic voice. He was quietly humming a tune while waiting for his turn, and I unconsciously leaned closer to hear him more.

Smiling a little at how nice his voice was, I tried peeking at his face. But then the line moved and he stepped forward to order, making me slightly stumble before following him closely.

I looked forward and saw a tall, handsome barista give his bright smile to the boy in front of me, greeting him in English casually by saying, “What’s up, Boo?” I blinked slightly I read the barista’s name tag. Mingyu.

Boo, as Mingyu called him --which I found a bit weird--, chuckled. “Oh, I’m fine!” He answered in English with a weird accent and I just scratch the back of my ear as they kept on conversing in English.

“I will haeveu… a large kyaramel feurappeu!” Boo said as he proudly said his order and I almost laughed, clamping my mouth shut with one hand. “End olso one cheeseucake!”

I pursed my lips and stopped myself from smiling. This guy is so cute.

Mingyu’s eyes landed on me for a second before laughing and pressing a few buttons on the cashier while saying, now this time in Korean, “Ah, Seungkwan, you just made that girl behind you laugh.”

Boo, or Seungkwan, perked up at this and turned his head at me, “Huh, what-”

My eyes widened for a second and I immediately wanted to squish his cheeks. HE’S SO CUTE WHY IS HE SO CUTE. He smiled at me and I awkwardly smiled back before looking down on my feet. I thought he would turn back to pay but then I heard him speaking in English once again.

“Do yu liek my Engrish?”

I honestly laughed harder than I expected I would.

“Y-yes.” I said while laughing, covering my face as it contorted in the most unnattractive ways.

He smiled, “Oh! Then I buy you drinkeu! Do you liek hot choraeteu?” I nodded, trying to stop myself from laughing. Seungkwan then turned back to Mingyu and told him to add another slice of blueberry cheesecake and a hot chocolate before paying for it.

I blushed a little, standing upright and finally gaining myself back from my crazy laughing fit. “Thanks but I…”

He spoke in Korean this time. “Ah- you didn’t want blueberry cheesecake? I’m sorry, we can change it! How about strawberry shortcake? Or double chocolate chip muffin?”

I shook my head along with my hands, “No, no, no, it’s not like that! I do like blueberry cheesecake but I wanted to pay for mine...”

“No, it’s okay! It’s hard finding girls who’d actually like my English.” He chuckles. “This is me being grateful, even if you really don’t like it.”

“But it’s cute…”

“Like you.”

I blinked, “What?”

“Nothing!” He offered me his hand. “I’m Seungkwan. Boo Seungkwan.” He told me.

I smile and shook it once. “Hi, Seungkwan. I’m Sofia.”

His eyes lights up brightly. “HEY OUR NAMES BOTH START WITH S!”

“I-It does!” I beamed and just then Mingyu cleared his throat.

“Are you two gonna move somewhere else or do I have to carry you by your collars and do it instead?” He said and we immediately moved out of the way to give way for the other customers.

Seungkwan laughs embarassingly and looks at me. “Do you want to sit with me, Sofia?” He asks as we move to get our drinks and cakes from the counter.

I nod, smiling. “Sure, Seungkwan. Though, I have to study for my exams later…”

And just when I thought it was all over, he speaks in English once again. “It’s okay! I study with you!”

My day couldn’t have gone any better than that.

 


 

Merry Christmas, Sofia! Hope you like it.

d22340ef2d0a8eadb06eec8b371ddfe7d6712402