@JEONGKITTY | Jeonghan

Christmas Gift | from chwenism @ twitter

@JEONGKITTY | yuyu x jeonghan (and me =3=)

 

“Did you hear?” My friend asked me.

I asked, “Hear what?” We were at a party held in our neighbourhood, waiting for New Year’s Eve. My friend, Viev swayed and danced before me.

“When it’s only 10 seconds to midnight, you have to find someone to kiss right before it strikes twelve!” She yelled over the booming music.

I frown, “Where’d you get that from?”

Viev shrugs, “I heard someone mention it.”

“Well, did you find someone to kiss?”

My friend finishes her drink and smiles, “Not really, but there’s this cute guy I talked to earlier.”

“Do you know his name?”

Viev looked up and tilted her head, “I think I do, I heard it, when his friends called him. I think it was Jun?” Her face lightened up, “Yeah, that’s right! Jun!” (sorry hansol)

“But why do you need to kiss someone before the clock strikes twelve? What, is it like Cinderella or something?” I drank dry my glass of juice and frowned, wanting more.

“I don’t know!” Viev laughs, “They say it’s good luck, a perfect start for another year.”

“And you believe that?”

Viev shrugs, “Maybe?”

“Well, I don’t.” I told her.

Obviously, she didn’t listen. “Why don’t we find you someone?”

I shook my head. “I don’t want to kiss anyone, I just want more juice.” I raised my empty glass. “I’ll go get some for you too. And stay here.”

“Oh, yeah, sure.” I heard her say.

I walked away, trying to squeeze into the crowd while making my way to the bar. I passed a couple who were already making out and I made a face at them. They should at least get a room.

When I finally made it to the bar, I asked for two mango juices. I waited patiently, sitting at the high stool before the counter and tapped my fingers at the surface.

A few seconds later, someone sat beside me. I didn’t pay attention to who it was because I was busy looking at all the alcohol bottles, there were various colours and shapes.

The person beside me ordered a milkshake and caught my attention. Why would a guy order a milkshake at a club…? I looked at the boy and saw that he was wearing a blue and white long sleeved striped shirt and dark jeans. His hair was was silky long, red and neatly tied into a ponytail. He looked like an angel.

He noticed me looking at him and he smiled at me, his eyes sparkling in doing so. I smiled back and turned my attention back at the bartenders. I told one of the bartenders my order again in case they forgot, since there were a lot of people asking for drinks.

I turned my head back at the boy and watched as he traced his fingers on the counter’s design. He was humming a tune while doing so, his voice drawing me in. When he saw me looking, he smiled again. I felt awkward, so I started a conversation. “Hi.” I said.

“Hey,” he replied.

“So... Why’d you order a milkshake? I asked.

He laughs, “Why’d you order juice?”

“I don’t drink.” I answered.

“Then you know the answer to your question.” I smiled at him, and he smiled back. “I’m Jeonghan.” he offers his hand to me and I shake it. “What’s your name?”

“I’m Yume. Nice to meet you, Jeonghan.” I said.

I saw the bartender approach me, “Here you go.” He said, sliding two tall glasses of mango juice in front of me,

“Thanks.” I took the drinks and faced Jeonghan, “Well, I guess I’ll see you around.” He nodded at me in a cute way and I left. Although, when I was making my way back to Viev, I felt his eyes burn at the back of my head and I can’t help but look back. He was slightly smiling, as he mouthed, I’ll see you soon.

Without knowing, I blushed, turned around and hurried myself to Viev. As I said, she did stay there, but only to find her sleeping. “I really don’t understand your body clock.” I mumble as I sit down next to her.

I looked at my watch, there was still fifteen minutes left before midnight and I decided to let her sleep until the last five minutes. I sat beside her and sipped my drink, looking at the people surrounding me.

When I got bored I decided to play around with my phone for a few minutes when I noticed someone approaching us. I looked up and saw a tall boy with tanned skin and brown hair. He was looking at Viev anxiously as he walked towards us, giving me the idea that this was the guy she was talking about earlier. Jun.

 I shook my friend’s shoulder slightly, “He’s coming, you better wake up or you’ll lose that kiss.”

Viev just groaned in response, so I decided to make things easier for them. I was quite the matchmaker, after all. I waited until Jun was only a step away from us and that’s when I secretly push Viev out of her seat. As I expected, she fell right into his arms.

She woke up at this, of course. “WHAT IN THE- Oh, hi.” She said and beamed at Jun.

“Hi.” He said back.

I rolled my eyes at them and looked away, going back to my drink. I unconsciously started to look for Jeonghan but he was gone from where I last saw him.

Viev and Jun, after shying around, said goodbye and walked down to the dance floor. Jun looked back at me and he mouthed thanks. I have to keep an eye on them, just in case.

I followed them with my eyes and they just went on the dance floor. But when they started dancing, I also started to get second-hand embarrassment. Viev’s dancing was so… awkward and funny. Jun was trying hard not to laugh.

Although as how much I suspected for the last five minutes, they didn’t leave the dance floor. And Jun’s been keeping his distance.

The music stopped abruptly. A girl and a boy were standing on stage, each holding a microphone. “Since you all know about what’s happening in midnight, there’s three minutes left to find someone.” The girl announced.

“For those who are already making out, calm down.” The boy joked.

I sipped my drink. How could my New Year be so lonely? I should’ve came with a date and save myself all of this… My eyes suddenly landed on someone. He was looking at me while biting his lips.

Jeonghan.

“Two minutes!” The girl yelled. His eyes don’t leave mine and suddenly I’m having an argument with myself.

Go to him. You’ll regret it if you don’t. Go. Stop biting your lips or it’ll be ruined. He won’t like blood when you kiss. Wait- what?

“ONE MINUTE!”

Jeonghan started walking towards my way and my heart just skipped a beat. I didn’t know what to do and just stood up.

I can do it, I tell myself. I can. Just don’t take your eyes off him. Don’t. Don’t. A girl bumped into me and I lost him in the crowd of people. Ugh. “THIRTY SECONDS!”

Okay, that’s it. I ran down to the dance floor and look around. Where is he? I went through the crowd, searching for him. But there were so many people I couldn’t even stand on my toes. I whipped my head at every side, but when they announced only fifteen seconds left, I lost hope and started returning to my table.

“Ten, nine, eight…” The countdown began. My heart sank when I looked back one more time. I started to ascend on the stairs but someone grabbed my elbow. I turned around and in his arms I fell. “Seven, six, five…” The emcees drop their mic and kissed each other.

“Hi.” Jeonghan said with a smile.

I smile back at him and whisper, “Hi back.” His arms embraced me gently as he began to slowly lean towards me.

Three, two, one. Zero.

Fireworks boomed outside in the sky, and so did my heart inside my chest as our lips touched softly.

Happy New Year.

 


 

Merry Christmas, Yume! Love you~ hope you liked it even if it's a bit... weird. Hehe.

 

tumblr_static_tumblr_static__640.gif