-6-

Dethroning KingHun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Couple shirt!" Chanyeol exclaimed. 

Lu Han and Sehun locked gazes and tensed. Both of their faces were beat red and the observant Kai didn't fail to notice. "I know what this is," he said as he approached Sehun whose eyes were glued on Lu Han. "This is fate," he finished with a loud and clear voice, so to make sure the two boys heard him. Chanyeol strongly agreed, "You're right! This isn't coincidence. This is definitely fate, Hun! Both of you are meant to be!" Sehun blinked a few times before his face contorted into a frown. He looked back and glared at Chanyeol. "Hey, Lu Han," Kai greeted. "Did you come here alone?" The smaller boy looked up to him and nodded. 

"Great! Do you want to join us-"

"You came here all by yourself at this time of the night?! Sehun suddenly threw a question as he walked towards Luhan. Surprised, the blonde boy hurriedly moved away from him. Sehun stopped on his tracks when he realized how "protective" he sounds and cleared his throat. "Look how small you are. Aren't you afraid someone might...you know, hurt you." As the words slowly sinked in, Luhan's face turned gloomy. He clenched tightly on his bubble tea. "Just because I am small, doesn't mean I'm weak. How many times do I have to tell you don't look down on me because of my height?"

"Right," Sehun said matter-of-factly, averting his eyes from Lu Han. The smaller boy sighed. He was about to leave the area when Kai and Chanyeol blocked his way. "Don't think wrongly of his words. He's just concerned because he likes you," pointed out Chanyeol. Sehun was mentally skinning him alive for his loud mouth. He marched towards Chanyeol and dragged him, along with Kai, inside the shop. "I want Taro." Sehun handed them the money and went out immediately. Outside, Lu Han wasn't there anymore. Sehun looked around and caught the cookie on his way back to the dorm. He sighed in relief and ran after him. "Hey!"

Lu Han halted and looked back; surprise to see Sehun following him, "What are you doing?"

"Following you. I thought that's obvious."

Lu Han pursed his lips into a thin line, "Why?"

"It's late and you're alone and it's obviously dangerous because someone might see you and try to hurt you," Sehun mumbled in a fast pace. As fast as the words left his mouth, his feet shuffled and moved towards the smaller boy. Without much thought, he grabbed Lu Han's hand and linked it with his. "If you're planning to go back to the dorm, I'll go with you."

"You're joking-"

"I'm not," Sehun cut him off with a firm voice and for the first time, Lu Han felt a tinge fear budding in his chest. The way Sehun looked at him with intensity was enough to shut him up and forced him to avert his eyes. Knowing that Lu Han somehow "submitted" himself to him, the taller boy smiled faintly. He took a step, urging Lu Han to follow. When the latter did, Sehun's heart warmed in happiness. They were walking in the pavement, hand in hand, for the first time. Lu Han's head hung low. His fingers were stiff against Sehun's. The silence between them further intensified the awkwardness Lu Han was feeling. That was until Sehun finally broke the silence and started a conversation. 

"Tell me something about yourself."

 

"What?!"

 

"Anything about yourself," Sehun repeated while swaying their hands casually. Lu Han mentally scolded himself for melting at the other boy's touch. It felt right but wrong at the same time. In apprehension, he started nibbling the straw of his bubble tea. "Come on. Say something," Sehun insisted when he didn't get an answer.

"W-what do you want to know?"

 

"Hmhm... I want to know why you transfered to our school."

 

"Can't tell. Personal reasons."

 

Sehun felt rejected but went on anyway. "Okay. What about your interests? What do you like to do?" 

 

"I love soccer."

 

"Oh right! You do love socce

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter