-4-

Dethroning KingHun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“I just want to say I’m sorry.”

 

Sehun’s tongue burned at those words. To apologize was the last thing he wanted to do. But surprisingly, the words flowed naturally from his lips. He didn’t stutter. It was a shock and it sting a little bit but consequently, it felt normal. Lu Han blinked a couple of times, trying to register what just happened. Sehun was still holding his wrist, staring at him with wide eyes. An ocean of silence stretched between them.

 

 

 

Did this bird just apologize to me?

 

 

 

I can’t believe I apologized to this piece of.... sweetness~"

 

 

 

*cricket sounds*

 

 

 

“Well, t-that’s it!” Sehun finally broke the silence with a shriek. He let go of Lu Han’s wrist only to regret it when he felt empty. He swung around stiffly and started walking away. Lu Han watched him took his step slowly, as if he didn’t want to leave. “This is embarrassing. He probably thinks I’m a loser. Tcht!” Sehun thought while gritting his teeth. He cocked his head to the side, taking one final glimpse of the boy behind him and sighed dejectedly before walking away. His shoulders were slumping low, like that of a boy rejected by his first love. He was unaware of Lu Han’s lip twitching up. “Not bad,” the smaller boy commented before walking to the opposite direction. He passed by Chanyeol who was still happily stalking Baekhyun. “He’s so lovely,” murmured Chanyeol whose eyes were shinning in tears. Baekhyun suddenly stopped singing and turned by the window. “I feel like someone’s watching me,” he thought. He placed the guitar to the side to peer outside. “Hmm…just my imagination.”

 

“This…huuuuuuuurts,” Chanyeol groaned as quietly as he can while bending his body inwardly, struggling not to get caught.

 

-

 

 

“You what?!” The soda that was about to go in Chanyeol’s stomach spilled over the table when he carelessly knocked the can out of surprise. He turned to Sehun; face leaning so close to the latter’s, “You apologized to Cookie?!” He gasped. “What sorcery is this?!”

 

“Tell me I’m not hallucinating,” Kai muttered while playing with his food. Sehun glared at him and flicked his tongue. Because he wasn’t in the mood to bicker, Kai turned his back from him and shrugged, “Just saying.”

 

“Alright! It’s time to tell us everything, Hun! When did you say sorry? Why did you say sorry? What did Lu Han tell you? Are you friends now? Or maybe you’re dating?!”

 

 

 

“I THOUGHT I AM THE ONE TO TALK?!”

 

 

 

Chanyeol straightened on his seat, “Thought so. Go ahead, Hun.”

 

Sehun cleared his throat and started in a fast pace,

 

“IthoughtKaihasapointIsaidtoomuchtothatlittleCookiesoIsaidsorrywhenIcaughthimatthehallway

 

IdontknowwhatIwasdoingreallyIlookedlikeanidiot!”

 

Chanyeol had a massive brain drain and was left speechless while Kai smirked knowingly. “So you realized you were wrong. This is new.”

 

“SHUT UP IT’S ALREADY EMBARRASSING YOU’RE MAKING IT WORSE!” Sehun screamed and consequently disturbed other customers in the food shop they were.

 

“What’s so embarrassing about being sorry? There’s nothing degrading about it. In fact, it makes you manlier; how you can stand up for your own mistake. It’s being responsible. I am actually proud you were able to do it, Hun,” said Kai before patting his friend’s shoulder. “Good work. I’m sure Lu Han likes you better now.” Sehun’s eyebrows scrunched in a displeased manner but deep inside, he was flattered. Lu Han liking him? Why did it sound so well? Kai knew it and cleared his throat to even more. Sehun quickly put up his defenses, “You’re getting the wrong idea here! I don’t like him. Not at all! Well maybe a bit. NO! NO! What am I saying? NO! NO. Seriously. No.”

 

“Sure, Hun. Suit yourself.”

 

“I’m serious, Kai. Don’t you dare tell anyone about this.”

 

“About you liking the cookie?”

 

Sehun squinted, “You’ll pay for the food.”

 

“Sorry. Won’t tell anyone, Hun. Won’t tell anyone,” muttered Kai while raising his left hand as a form of surrender.

 

 

[The following day]

 

"S-Sehun, what are you doing?"

 

"Hmm stay still, baby. I just want to kiss you."

 

"B-but, I thought you dislike me."

 

"Oh no. You got it wrong. I like you a lot, Hannie. I know I've been such a jerk to you but please, give me a chance so I can make it up to you."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter