01. Wedding Day

[4] Forever Mine

150413 A/N: I’m back (back.. back..) haha An update to celebrate Luhan’s Birthday in advance ^^

 

 

 

 

 

It was an Autumn wedding in the late afternoon. Autumn is my favorite season the very main reason why I asked LuHan and our families to hold the wedding on the month of September. And the time was also chosen by me, late afternoon, so once we’re done, it’ll be time of sunset.

My fiancée who will be my husband tonight let me decide on everything, as romantic he can be, he allowed me to make our wedding the best day of my life and a fulfillment of my dream.  The area faced the breathtaking sunset of the beach. 

Oh god, it’s really beautiful. I can’t wait!

 

At the end of each seated aisle, jasmine scented candles hung from tree branches. Spread down the aisle was white leaves, as far as the eyes could see, slightly moist so they wouldn’t crack once I stepped on them.  We’d have a large group of close family and friends dressed in beach attire for comfort but of course, not to revealing and still formal to match the occasion. We also requested our parents to not invite anyone from business unless they are their close friends and media are not allowed as well. On either side of the aisle, they sat in fancy white chairs set up for them on the white sand. Everywhere you look, it's like heaven. Like a very nice day with fluffy clouds up in the sky since we used different shades of blue and white.

 

As soon as all the staffs are gone, I turned to Eunji and Rue who were waiting for me to get ready the whole time.

“Eunji-ya.. has Sehun contacted you?”  Eunji was sitting on the side with Rue playing with their phone, taking pictures and stuffs. She looks at me with jutted lips and slowly shook her head. “You know how stubborn that kid is. He once told you he can’t come, I’m sure he’s sticking to his words.” Eunji answered.

After Sehun’s confession, putting our relationship back to its normal had become very difficult. He wasn’t looking to me as a friend anymore, but the person he loves. I want to keep him by my side but it’s a selfish thing to do. I do not know what to do anymore.

“How about the guys.. are they here already?” Eunji then showed me a smile. “All of them are here, Luhan’s friends and Kai’s. Also Myungsoo and my stupid boyfriend.” I smiled back at her. “Glad to know.”

“Yuta is here too. I just got a call from him.” Rue cheerfully informed me. “uh.. Can you also ask if my ugly cousins came as well? They said they’re going to greet me before the wedding but—“

“Baby~~!!” the door sprang wide open and one of my ugly cousin came in. “Speaking of..” I muttered, standing up. I was sure I want to see them but every time I see their faces I can’t help but to feel annoyed but I really love them, just different love I guess. “Baby!” Daehyun called again upon seeing me and spread his arms so I can give him a hug and I did.

“Yah! Be careful!” I said as he rocks me side by side. Yunho showed up next, walking coolly with his black tux and a sunglass. When Daehyun releases me, I started laughing at him. “Oppa.. did no one informs you that this is a beach wedding? What’s with being so formal?”

Yunho lowered his glasses on the bridge of his nose and looks around, his eyes landed on the two ladies who’s wearing simple aqua blue knee-length comfortable dresses. “Oh. Well it’s not too late to change.”     

 

~~~

 

A/N: Their clothes. not bride&groom :)

 

 

 

“Yo Man.”  Yuta went to Luhan’s side to congratulate the latter and elbowed his cousin to get his attention.

“Haha, you look as stiff as rock.” Yuta chuckled while poking Luhan’s side. He’s motionless and the only thing that is moving was his adam’s apple that keeps bobbing up and down due to unstoppable gulping because of his extreme nervousness.

“Seems like I can’t talk to you, then …I’ll just congratulate Nari.” Yuta started walking slowly while whistling. Luhan’s eyes widened and his arms quickly stopped the latter. “Yah, no one is allowed to set an eye on her before ME!” 

 

~~~~

 

 “Okay, okay Nari, you need to breathe… Can you do that for me??” one of my bridesmaids asked. And it was no other than Rue, LuHan’s cousin I met in China before.

Only five minutes left until the start of my wedding. I was nervous just like the first time I went on a date with him. Though we really can’t call that a date since he’s always forcing me.

 “I can breathe,” I confessed to her, “I just need my necklace to calm down. I guess.”

My two friends, Eunji and Rue looked at me wide-eyed. “Uh, Nari… about that.”

“What…?” I looked at them through the mirror infront of us, Eunji were biting her lips while Rue kept her head down. “We can’t find it.”

“What do you mean you can’t find my necklace I can’t get married without it. Luhan gave that to me, it’s been with me for months! No way. We have to find it!” I stood up, grab my dress up and walk around my seat.

 “Look,” Eunji said, stopping me by holding my shoulders, “Everyone’s here, waiting and we’re about to start. I saw LuHan waiting at the end of the aisle and he’s just as nervous as you are. DO you really want to not marry the love of your life over a necklace?”

Eunji and I, had a staring contest, I was glaring at her few seconds ago but it slowly fades out as I consider her words. I look down and I shook my head.

“Good, because if you don’t marry him, I know plenty of women who would.” With those words, I felt my blood boils in jealousy and I quickly walk to the exit of the room.

I still need to find that later.

 

~~~

 

 

  At the back of the door I heard the crowd became silent, probably because the Priest came out and asked everyone to stand. And soon, it’ll be my turn. It feels like nervousness can eat you alive, I felt so scared to take a step forward, to go further on the spot in where I stood. I keep breathing deeply, and getting enough supply for the long walk. Knowing Luhan will the one waiting on the other side, I could feel the courage to proceed.  But still,  all eyes would soon be on me. 

The flower girl lined the path with white rose petals as the music started. They opened the door and asked me to start and I did, but I couldn’t look up yet. I only took two steps out before I was greeted by my father. He escorted me down the aisle as smiles from different people and friends greeted me, and the walk seemed longer than before.

My father, whom I lived with until the end of my grade school, who supported my decisions and the person who is always there to backed me up. He became my strength; without him I would fall, literally and in life. We may not be close and had a fight, doesn’t have a perfect-daughter relationship or a perfect father, but he had done his part well and that alone, is enough.

The guests looked at me while some were snapping pictures of me or probably just my flowy dress that was personally stitched in Dubai or my hairdo done by the best hairdresser ever known. They were waving at me, smiling- one thing was for sure, though… no one made a sound.

 

Up ahead I saw him. The only person who caught my eyes and my precious little heart. The person I cherish the most.

My future husband, the love of my life, my everything. 

He was clad in a light blue tux with neat hair. His hands were intertwined infront of him like how he usually stood. He stood taller, looks more taller than Lay standing next to him, our best man, his shoulders back and his eyes staring back at me.

 I can’t help to smile when I saw his mouth.. slightly ajar, probably amazed of how beautiful his future wife is, which I’m proud of! Kidding aside, LuHan is as cute as ever. And at the same time, he’s so handsome especially when he caught my eyes and gave me the most sincere smiled I have ever seen in my entire life, in my entire existence, or maybe I’m just exaggeratingBut we are allowed to exaggerate on wedding day right? In my eyes, he was glowing in his spot, like an angel who just landed on earth.

At the end of the aisle my father hugged me, said “I ‘m proud of you”. I rarely see my parents but I know and felt the sincerity and meaning of those words..business or not. He then presented me to my awaiting groom, who’s surprisingly patient today. My father slowly and carefully placed my hand in Luhan and smiled. And now, as a couple, Luhan and I stood in front of the priest.

Before my father walked away, he patted Luhan on the shoulder. That was his way of welcoming him into the family or probably I just really don’t understand some man languages and gestures.

Back to us, standing next to him, on this special day, felt overwhelming and… amazing!  If I wasn’t mistaken I could have sworn tears filled his eyes the moment we faced the altar. Ow, such an adorable fawn, I know he loved me so much, but he doesn’t need to cry.

I look at him with grateful eyes. I’m also thankful to have you. You must know that. I gave Luhan’s hand a small squeeze. He faces me that instant and I paid it with a smile in which he smiled back.

Was this really happening? Will I soon be Mrs. Lu?

 

 

~~~

 

The minister said to guests, “You can now be seated”. My friends and family followed his request. Then we heard a collective gasps from behind. Since the priest were already distracted, we also turned to see what happened and witnessed Baekhyun and Suho helping Chanyeol back to his seat. It seems like the giant likes the sand so much, haha.

My giggles were interrupted when Luhan leaned beside my ear and whispered, “How dare you look at other guys when we’re in the middle of getting married?”

“Dearly beloved,” the priest resumed, “we are gathered here this evening to witness this man and woman join together in holy matrimony.”  He said the speech and afterward it was our time to exchange vows.

I could feel tears about to moist the surface of my eyes but Luhan’s were naturally like that, so I’m not sure if he feels exactly the same.

 

“I, Zhou Jia Li, take you, Lu Han, to be my lawfully wedded husband., my constant friend, my faithful partner and  my love from this day forward. In the presence of our family and friends, I offer you my solemn vow to be your faithful partner in sickness and in health, in good times and in bad, and in joy as well as in sorrow. I promise to love you unconditionally, to support you in your goals, to honor and respect you, to laugh with you and cry with you, and to cherish you for as long as we both shall live.”

 

 

       The ring bearer came forward and presented the rings. I placed Luhan’s ring on first, then he placed on mine. I smiled again, after I felt his hands trembling and it was so cold, I was scared at the moment thinking I’m marrying a vampire.

The priest nodded and asked, “If anyone objects to the marriage speak now or forever hold your peace”. As assumed, no one said a word.  Of course, if someone objects, Lu Han will definitely kill whoever it is, and I guess I’ll be a murderer too and join him in jail to live happily ever after there.  “With the power invested in me by the Republic of China I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride.”

Luhan leaned in but was very hesitant, his eyes were blinking rapidly and I saw him gulp so I then take the initiative again just like during the night of our proper engagement and kissed him,softly like I’ve never done it before.

Our lips, just like everything about me and him, it fits perfectly. Like how they say it, puzzle pieces put back together.

When Luhan’s senses started coming back to him, he started deepening the kiss. Before it could go further, I pulled out and saw his desperate, yet defeated face. As if he wants to just ignore the guests.

 He just simply can’t get enough of me, oh poor human being..

Everyone’s cheers reach my eardrums and that’s when we both turned to face them, however I barely noticed; my full attention rested on Luhan. He looks very happy now as showed in his gummy smile and wrinkles on both sides of his eyes, I’m afraid his cheekbones will burst real soon. Never have I seen that specific smile. Luhan has many smile, different laughters, different burps, even different farts, but I know it all, I can recognize it all. I can proudly say that because it’s not just Luhan who has fallen in love with me deeply..

So I am.

 

But his smile, that happiness won’t beat mine, as I can finally declared that he is mine, all of him is mine now. 

The jerk who had kick a soccer ball straight on me to shoo me away of his so called territory, was now the very same jerk who had kick his way, arrogantly, harshly, impatiently and wickedly in MY territory.

 

 

 

 

 


Author’s Note:

 

Just giving out Bonus Chappies

for those who misses LuRi like I do. ^_^ 

 

 

Dear readers, can I get an UPVOTE?

 

Pretty please so It'll get featured as well?

Will you help author-nim..before Luhan's bday come?  ^^