viii. Puzzle pieces

Subtle Touches - A Jeongcheol Fanfic Collection

8. Puzzle Pieces

My life was an incomplete puzzle. He was the missing piece.

Jeonghan finished typing on his laptop. He got his coffee beside him and sipped. He looked at the document on the laptop and smiled.

It was his very own love story and in that story alongside him starred,

“Honeeeeey!” his husband called from downstairs, “Seokmin smells like dump, he pooped again!” his husband shouted.

Jeonghan chuckled and imagined Seungcheol pinching his nose.
Jeonghan saved his work and closed his laptop. He removed his glasses and tied his long hair into a neat ponytail. He left his working studio and went down to the living room to check on his husband and son.

Jeonghan laughed when he saw Seungcheol being chased by a crawling baby Seokmin while the former was pinching his nose so hard Jeonghan was afraid it would turn to a flat line (Jeonghan would still love him though).

Jeonghan picked up Seokmin and then he was able to smell the wrath that the cute baby created.

“oh my god Jeonghan. Why is it stinking so much?” Seungcheol said, pouting. Jeonghan pecked his lips and chuckled.

“It’s because IT IS waste, Honey. I’ll go change him.”Jeonghan left his husband and went to Seokmin’s baby room.

He placed the toddler in the small, baby blue bed(picked by Seungcheol, of course) and got the necessities to change the toddler. 

It has been 5 years since the incident at the bridge. Since Seungcheol came into his life and slowly fixed his wrecked life. It was hard at first, the bad habits were hard to forget.

He first started to quit smoking, which proved very hard, he sometimes would ended up sickly from having depended too much on the poison stick. But after a few months and with the help of some therapy and Seungcheol, he no longer craved the taste of the cigar. Next was alcohol. It was easier to stop drinking. Before, he would drink to forget his past, to forget the pain but now he had Seungcheol to become his shoulder to lean on whenever he has problems.

Although hard, Seungcheol also convinced him to go and talk to his father. Their reconciliation was filled with apologies and tears. Now, his father is a proud grandpa.

It has been a year since he and Seungcheol got married. It was a simple civil wedding attended by their closest friends and families. He could never forget how his tears fell when his father handed him to Seungcheol infront of the judge and when Seungcheol recited their vows of forever.

Jeonghan studied Literature through his father and graduated with honors. He became a famous writer about love and life. He is now signed under Heaven Reads Publishing and he is about to publish his second book, Puzzle Pieces. His first book, Build Me Up, became a best-seller. Seungcheol works as a site engineer for one of their friends, Jun’s engineering firm.

Seokmin is their 3 month-old bundle of joy. Seungcheol and Jeonghan were very ecstatic to welcome the new addition to their family. The toddler was literally a ball of sunshine, his smile and laughter brings joy to his parents’ hearts and to other as well. However, the little boy can sometimes be naughty and the two adults can already sense a lot of headaches.

Jeonghan tidied Seokmin up and lifted him. He hugged his son and kissed his cheeks, the toddler chuckling in return.
“Let’s go back to Papa. Hm, Seokie?” Jeonghan cooed.
“Uh!Uh!” Seokmin nodded with a mega-watt smile that Jeonghan undoubtley knew the baby inherited from Seungcheol.

With their son in their arms, Jeonghan went down only to find his dear husband, sprawled on the carpeted floor of their living room, sleeping. Jeonghan laughed at the scene and settled Seokmin beside Seungcheol.

Jeonghan laughed when Seokmin crawled towards Seungcheol and landed a fist on Seungcheol’s private area. Seungcheol woke up from the very painful jolt and looked sharply at his son. Seungcheol then crawled towards the toddler and tickled the baby, getting chuckles in return.


Jeonghan smiled at his family and thought,

I’m lucky Seungcheol found me. How could I have ever known that this man would complete me. Indeed, everyone is an unsolved puzzle piece, waiting for someone who will complete them. I’m lucky I found Seungcheol.

“Honey! Come here!” Seungcheol called.

Jeonghan smiled. “Coming!”

 

 

A/N: end~~~ guess which chapter this one is ending? Lol. Here is the last(?) stint of the build me up series lol i hope everybody is satisified with it ^^ i am also happy to announce that i'll be updating a third chap of the onrainydays series. Lol. Please comment down! I love hearing feedbacks~ 

 

 

Xx. cdotjhn