LOSER

M.A.D.E

A/N: Hello! I forgot to mention this earlier but keep in mind BOLD words = lyrics, italicize = thoughts, and if words/phrases are BOLD and italicized then they are character's thoughts that contain song lyrics. Hope that isn't too confusing.


 

 

February 15, 2015

Ugh… is it already morning? He thought as he felt the sunlight trying to pierce through his closed eyelids. Slowly opening his eyes he looked around at the unfamiliar room around him. Where the am I? Ugh god my head, he groaned.

“Mmmm,” a voice mumbled beside him.

, he looks over the woman lying on the other side of the bed with disgust. What’s wrong with me? What the am I doing and who the is she? Probably some sl*t from the club last night. Ugh, whatever, he thought as he sat up and got off the bed. Grabbing his clothes from the ground, he walked towards the bathroom to take a quick shower and slip on the clothes from the previous days. Tossing some bills on the table, he headed for the door.

Right before he leaves the room he catches his reflection in the mirror before smashing it to pieces with his first. Shutting the door behind him, he walks down the deserted hallway of the cheap hotel. It’s all the same, he thought as he made his way towards the exit. It’s a cycle of girls and mistakes. Love them for one night and hate them when the morning comes. But I can’t own up to it because of my own selfish pleasure. God, I’m so sick. I’m so sick and tired of this. Even though everything is being ruined around me, I can’t stop going down this dangerous path, I can’t stop something that’s already at a full speed run. I’m sick and tired, I’m going home.

The cool breeze kissed his face as he looked down over the edge of the building he was standing on top of. Hell…the only place that seems to welcome me, he thought morbidly as one of his feet shifted closer to the edge, I wanna go back to how it was before…but it’s too late. Nothing seems to working…it’s too much…I can finally be at peace now, he took a deep breath and closed his eyes as he took a step forward. However, instead of experiencing the feeling of falling, a pair of arms wrapped around his waist and pulled him away from the edge.

“WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING?!” a girl’s voice cried from behind him, “YOU COULD HAVE DIED!”

Turning around without breaking her hold and with anger in his eyes, he yelled back, “EXACTLY! Now let me go!” he strugged to get out of her embrace.

“DON’T! Whatever you’re going through, it’s not worth it. Please, stop. Don’t do it,” she begged as she held on to him with all of her strength.

“You don’t even know me!” he yelled in frustration as he stopped trying to escape her embrace. Tears started to slowly trickle down his cheeks. God what do I think I’m doing? And who is this girl?

“Please, let me save you,” she said as she let go of him and cupped his crying face, “Please.”

As she wiped away his tears, he saw her clearly for the first time. It was like looking at an angel, his savior.

“N...no, I’m not worth saving,” he cried as he let all of the stress consume him, everything in him slowly started breaking down.

“Yes, yes you are,” the girl said as she pulled him in for a hug. “Never say you aren’t worth saving. Let me show you, please,” she pleaded as she hugged him tighter.

Hearing her words, he completely breaks down into tears, “How can you say that? You don’t even know me! What if I’m a bad person that doesn’t deserve saving?”

“Then tell me about yourself,” she said softly as she gently his hair.

“I…I’m just a coward…a coward who pretends to be tough…a mean delinquent,” he started saying between his sobs, “But I look in the mirror…and do you know what I see? I just see that I’m just a loser, a loner, just a piece of dirty trash that no one wants. I’m starting to feel like I’ve never fit in with the world. My….my parents don’t want me, the teachers look down on me, and others are scared of me and want nothing to do with me, I’m always alone. It’s been a long time since I’ve forgotten about love, what does it even feel like? I don’t know anymore. Everything is just cold around me, just numb and cold. I want to change, I want to feel love again, but I can’t. I can’t listen to those hopeful love songs anymore because now I know that they are all full of lies. And that in the end we’re all just sad puppets following a scripted out life full of expectations and disappointments. At some point I started looking at the ground more than the sky, it’s hard to even breathe sometimes. I started to even curse the blue skies for looking so hopeful and bright. The brighter is is the more obvious it is that I’m such a loser. A nobody that no one wants, that no one will miss. I just want to say goodbye to this sad life,” he cried as he felt his legs give out beneath him, sending him to his knees as the girl repositioned herself, but keeps her hold of him.

“Then do it,” she said as she hugged her head tightly to stomach, “Say goodbye to your old self. It is never too late to change, to be a new person. I’ll help you, I’ll show you the beauty of life, the beauty of yourself.”

Gently pulling his head away, he looked up at her into her eyes, “Why are you doing this for me?” he asked softly.

“Because…” she showed him a small, sad smile as she cupped one of his cheeks affectionately, “I know how it feels like to feel like no one wants you, that no one seems to care whether you’re there or not, that no one even notices your presence when you're right in front of them. I know the feeling of having your whole world collapsing around you and all you want to do is take the easy way out, but you can’t do that because taking the easy way out only means that you’re cheating yourself. Even if you feel like no one cares, there is always at least one person who does. And that one person will be so broken hearted if you were gone. Life isn’t always easy, but it’s getting over those hurdles that make life worth living. So do a favor for yourself and all of the people around you that love you a favor, don’t give up. Never give up hope, never give up on love,” she leaned down to wrap her arms around his neck in another hug. Slowly lifting his arms, he finally wrapped his arms around her petite frame and hugged her back, “Never give up,” she whispered in her ear, “because one day you’ll find the love of your life that will make you want to live just to be by their side.”

Tightening his hold on her, he just held her for a few minutes. The silence between them only broken by the sound of their breathing, the sound that showed that they were there for each other.

“You aren’t a loser,” she whispered into his ear once more, “Don’t ever think that. You are beautiful, from the top of your head to the tips of your toes. Let me show you how wonderful life is. How wonderful love is,” she said as she drew away from him only to lean in once more and kiss him on the forehead, “Let me save you.”

“W-who are you?” he asked as he looked into her warm, brown eyes.

“Dara, Park Sandara,” she answered with a sweet smile as she lovingly cupped his cheeks.

“Jiyong…Kwon Jiyong,” he whispered.

“It’s nice to meet you Jiyong,” she said as she leaned her forehead onto his.

My savior…my angel Dara, he thought as he closed his eyes and felt the warmth of her embrace warm his body and soul.

 


A/N: Chapter 1 done! Let me know what you guys think in the comment section below :) 

Please subscribe, upvote and comment ^___^

8 more chapters left (:

Until Next Time! Pyong~