CHAPTER 2

Frozen [On Hold]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     Jinyoung pushed open the door slowly, until the gap was just big enough for him to slip into. He closed the door and surveyed his surroundings, and he realised that he was in what was to be known as the living room. It was small and tidy. As he looked closely, he saw that the room was tidy, it was bare. It contained a sofa, a table, a stack of books, and weirdly, many small ice statues and miniature snowmen. 'So that was where i felt the coldness from.' Jinyoung thought. He moved on and spotted an adjacent room. He walked towards it and stopped at the entrance. It was a bedroom he realised, and it was very clean as he scanned his eyes around. There was a closet, a bookshelf, a nightstand, and a huge bed that looked even larger when compared to the person currently sitting on it. He was leaning back against the headrest with an openbook on his stretched out legs, as he stared out of the window looking at how the rain patters against the window. 'A person was sitting on a bed!' Jinyoung thought, as he stared at the person.

     'That boy is so pretty.' That was the first thought that went through his mind. As he stared at the boy, he started noticing his features. He noticed the boy's pink and plump lips, his fluffy-looking jet-black hair, his tiny and skinny frame, and last but not least, his brown eyes. That boy's eyes were what attracted him the most, it looked so sad and so dull, making him look so fragile. There was no usual brightness as should be in a child's eyes. The eyes scared him. It should not be so sad, it made him feel as if the boy had not wanted to live. 'Shouldn't a boy who looked around the same age as me be happy and carefree? Why does he look so sad.' Jinyoung thought, making up his mind that he will befriend this boy and make him smile everyday. He continued staring at the boy.

     Mark sensed someone standing at his door. No one ever comes to visit him; and it was definitely not Matilda, the servant who delivers him food and who talks to him as his only confidant. He turned his head towards the entrance of the door and saw a boy, probably around his age but a bit taller, with eyes so clear that it felt as though it could penetrate his soul and read his mind. He was shocked; nobody was allowed to this part of the castle but most of all, he knew who that boy was. Matilda had told him everything she saw and heard in the castle. He was a little afraid of the boy. What if Jinyoung was like his mother who once ordered the King, Mark's own father, to kill him. What if he was here to tell him that the Queen wanted to bring him to the gallows, or even the King himself. He was a mere 7 year-old but he knew way too much. He was afraid of himself as well, and he understood and accepted why the King wanted to lock him up far far away. He would want to lock himself away too if he was the King. He snapped out of his daydreaming as he continued staring at the Prince in front of him. He wanted to get off the bed and bow to him but something was stopping him from doing so, something that he could not figure out.

     Jinyoung continued staring at the boy as he took tiny steps towards that pretty boy unconsciously. He caught himself when he saw fear flash the boy's eyes and see his body visibly flinch. 'Of course he would be afraid to have a stranger intrude his home.' Jinyoung thought, comforting himself albeit a little hurt. "Do you mind if i enter your room?" Jinyoung asked soothingly. Time felt as if it had stopped, the mysterious boy was not moving, not blinking, and maybe not breathing. But then he nodded subtly, whilst biting his lips. Jin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter