CHAPTER 3

Frozen [On Hold]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As a Christmas present for all you dear subscribers and readers, i decided to upload another chapter!! Yayy!! I stayed up until almost 2am finishing this chapter, but i hope that i did not disappoint you all and that it is up to your standards. (There will be more drama soon my darlings, don't worry.) Happy reading, my snowpeople!

 

 

 

     And that was how the two half-brothers, Mark and Jinyoung, met. They had very different personalities. Jinyoung liked talking and moving around, while on the other hand, Mark was quiet and could sit in the same position for a long time. But maybe that's the reason why they were able to get close very quickly, since opposites do attract. Jinyoung often sneaks up to Mark's room at least 5 times a week at night to talk to him, but he still did not understand why Mark's room was so cold everyday. He figured using his above average mind to come to a conclusion that that was part of Mark's secret, and him being a protective brother, did not want to force Mark to tell him anything. It was only a month later that he plucked up enough courage to want to ask Mark what his secret was, so he decided that that night, he would go up to Mark's room and ask him what happened.

     It was around around 12am that night when Jinyoung decided to sneak up to Mark's room to ask him what his secret was. He had a lurking feeling that today was not a good day to sneak out, but his curiosity got the better of him. He crept out of his bed as he padded softly out of his bedroom. He surveyed the corridor in front of his room and ran through it. He had an urge to hurry run through it instead of his normal walking, so he thanked the God that he did not wear his shoes out or he would have made enough noise to wake his parents who were at the other end of the corridor. When he reached the next turn at the end of the corridor, he felt a tingling sensation running down his spine. He felt as if he had been followed, and he swore that he saw a shadow fleeting across from the corner of his eyes, but he just swept away the thoughts, thinking that it was just the swaying of trees. He glanced around furtively before running straight for the forbidden part of the castle. But just as he was about to run up the stairs, someone grabbed his collar and tugged him backwards, causing him to stumble and almost fall if he was not grabbed into an upright position. He yelped and swung his arms around with his eyes closed, but that did not help at all. He felt himself being dragged back in the direction of his room. When all stood still, he found himself in his parents' room. When he finally opened his eyes, he saw his mother looking very angry and his father looking disappointed and surprisingly nervous as well.

     "Where did you think you are going at 12am in the morning? Do you think i would not have noticed you sneaking out of your room during the past week or so? Who did you go see? Don't you dare lie to me, your ingrate!" His mother screamed. But surprisingly, Jinyoung was not afraid! In fact, his young mind was whirring frantically. How should he answer so that Mark would not get in trouble? How should he answer so that his not-so-smart mother would not even realise that her son was not even answering her questions? "Well, can't i leave my room to get some air? I wasn't able to sleep well that week because you and father kept quarrelling. And who am i supposed to see? Is there anyone living somewhere that i'm supposed to see?" Jinyoung rebutted, keeping his face neutral as he glanced up at his mother. His heart filled with glee when he saw his mother's face turn beetroot red as she glared at him speechless.

     "Well, there is nothing for you to see anywhere but you will not allowed to leave your room for the rest of the week. I will make sure that you cannot leave your room, and that you won't try doing that, is that clear young man? Now hurry up go to your room, i will have a maid Matilda bring food for you for the rest of the week." His mother said through gritted teeth. "Yes ma'am!" Jinyoung said, trying to keep his smirk in as he strolled back to his room. As he sat back on his bed, he realised someth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter