CHAPTER 4

Frozen [On Hold]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    Mark woke up to the sweet smell of pancakes and sausage. He smiled and bolted up straight, rubbing his eyes with the balls of his palms. He padded towards his tiny living room to see Matilda sitting there, with another letter by her side. He smiled and greeted her as he sat down beside her. He hurriedly took the letter and unfolded it. Once he opened it, the first thing he saw was a drawing. A stick-figure drawing of presumely him and Jinyoung holding hands and smiling brightly in front of a castle that is around their height. Then, right below the picture, he saw some words: this is my awesome portrait of us and our castle! See i even drew us holding hands, so we have to be best friends okay! Then he saw the message: 

Markie markie pooh,
Well, me being your brother gives me ALL the permission in the world to call you Markie-pooh, but i'm glad you really smiled and laughed more. (Matilda told me that. And she said you teared up and sniffled when you read that letter, don't bother denying~.) Be glad i didn't call you anything else haha. And by the way, i like Ji Nyeong. I bet it sounds so cute when you say it, you should try to be cuter by the way. And postscripts are cool. I tried reading Pride and Prejudice, but it was boring. I want to read a fun book. Matilda told me Pride and Prejudice is a book for adult people, i'm not an adult, and i shall never be an adult muahahahaha. I will leave my whole life as a little baby. But i hope in the next life, i will be born older than you, so that i can order you around. (You should let me be older than you for a day. I want to see how it feels like. :D) I miss you so badly. All i do is sleep then eat, eat then sleep, trying to pass time quickly. I hope that the next three days pass quickly so that i can see you again next week!
Your handsome and smart brother, Ji Nyeong.
P.s. Don't reply me with: you are not smart or handsome. You just have to accept the truth.
P.p.s. I really really miss you. I will really try to be more careful next time.
P.p.p.s. Can you tell me your secret when we meet next week? I'm really dying of curiosity.

     Mark felt his heart burst with happiness. Jinyoung really knew what to say to make him feel better. He was always able to forget about his Father and the current Queen, he was able to forget why he was locked in the castle. He guessed that it was about time to tell Jinyoung what was wrong with him, he trust Jinyoung just enough to hope that Jinyoung would not back away. He smiled as he folded the letter to place it beside Matilda again. His stomach was growling. He went to sit at his table and began eating his pancake. Matilda always made sure to add more syrup since he had a sweet tooth, and sometimes, she would add an extra sausage to his plate too. He picked up his fock and knife and began munching on his pancake. "How come the pancake today feels sweeter? Did you add more syrup to it? It's so tasty" Mark asked with his mouth full as he glanced up at Matilda who was still sitting at the same spot watching him eat. "Oh, quite on the contrary my son," Matilda chuckled, "I added the same amount of syrup. Perhaps it is because of Jinyoung's letter. Maybe that made you excited, sonny!" A hint of a blush rose from Mark's cheeks as he bent his head down immediately and continued stuffing his mouth with food. 'Maybe it really is because of the letter. Jinyoung really does have a certain amount of power over me, i guess i will let him be the older one for a day. He does deserve it!' Mark thought as he finished the last bit of his sausage.

     Just as Matilda stood up, intend on clearing Mark's empty plate to bring down to the kitchen, there was a loud clopping of footsteps coming from the stairs that lead to Mark's room. When the clicking of shoes stopped, angry knockings could be heard from the outside, accompanied with a very shrilly and loud voice that was obviously laced with anger and venom, "Mark Tuan Yi En you dirty scoundrel, open this bloody door this instant!" Matilda froze on the spot, turning her head to look at Mark, only to see Mark standing absolutely, face pale and eyes widened and diluted. If not for the fact that he was trembling due to fear, he could have really been mistaken as a statue. "I demand you to open the door this instant! On

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter