CHAPTER 5

Frozen [On Hold]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/n: too all those old readers, i just updated the last paragraph of this chpter, tho give more context as to what would be happening in the next chapter. And to new readers, i hope this makes more sense when the next chapter is up. Enjoy!

     Mark was woken up by a loud knock on the door before it was being soundly pushed open. He cracked his eyes open a little and laid still, frozen on the spot. 'Did that Queen come back again? Had she not had enough? Did she really want him to die?' Those questions started flooding into Mark's head the second he woke up. Then he saw a head pop up at the doorway. The height was too short to be the Queen's head. Then he realised that it was Jinyoung. 'Right, Matilda told Jinyoung even though he told Matilda not to tell Jinyoung.. How could i forget that. Maybe i will pretend to still be asleep and hope that he wouldn't try to kill me for not telling him what happened.' Mark thought as he shut his eyes back and pretended to still be asleep.

     "Mark Tuan Yi En!" Jinyoung a sharp but normal voice came through the door. It was scarier for Mark, since angry people are not supposed to speak calmly. He flinched but still continued on with his act. "Get up this instance! Do not try pretending that you are asleep! Do you think i would not have known whether my dear brother was actually asleep or faking it?" Jinyoung continued, raising his voice just a little. Realising that continuing with his act would be of no use, Mark sighed and opened his eyes just to shut them back a second later. "I'm up, i'm up." He whispered, voice hoarse from lack of usage, as he tried to sit up. He winced and gave up soon after, realising that it hurt too much to do that. Jinyoung noticed what Mark was trying to do, and rushed towards him to help him sit up. Mark winced once more as he felt Jinyoung's elbow poke into his bruised ribs. "Sorry." Jinyoung muttered as he removed his elbow and helped Mark to sit up comfortably.

     "Now tell me why you did not want Matilda to tell me what happened to you? And tell me what that stupid woman did to you without missing ANY details. I may be younger than you, but that does not mean i am stupid. Also, don't try to lie to me, we both know that you cannot lie." Jinyoung demanded the moment he sat himself comfortably in front of Mark, his gaze stern and piercing, as though staring right into his soul. Mark fidgeted an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter