Fourth Case

School Detective
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fourth Case

 

A week has passed since Sone High’s Club Festival. Taeyeon was in her office with Yoona. Tiffany was busy with her school project so she went home early.

Yoona: “Hey Taeng, let’s play poker.” She took out a deck of poker cards from her pocket.

Taeyeon: “You do know that we can’t bring poker cards to school right?”

Yoona: “Never mind that, Yuri said I can bring it as long as I can keep you from going home without doing your duty.”

Taeyeon: “Huh.”

Yoona: “Anyways, let’s play a single hand of poker.”

‘I’ll definitely beat her this time since I’m cheating.’ She thought to herself.

Taeyeon: “Let’s bet money then.”

Yoona: “Okay. Let’s see, 10,000 won sound good.”

Taeyeon: “Then 10,000 won it is.”

Yoona took out the cards from the deck box. She then gave one card to Taeyeon and herself. She repeated that until both of them have five cards on their hand. But the last card Yoona gave to herself was not from the top of the deck. It was instead from the bottom of the deck.

They both took a look at their hands. Yoona had three Jacks, one Ace of Hearts and one Two of Clubs. While Taeyeon only has a pair of Tens, one Ace of Clubs and another pair of Two(s).

Yoona goes first. She discarded the Two of Clubs and reached for the deck to take another card. The card she took was the Ace of Diamonds. ‘I already know that I’m gonna get this card since I set up the deck. I only put those cards on the top of the deck though.’ She thought to herself.

It was Taeyeon’s turn. She discarded her whole hand and took five cards from the deck.

Yoona: “Bad luck, huh?”

Taeyeon: “Yeah. I started off today from coming t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter