Precious Maknae

For Nyongtory
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Filming of Infinity Challenge)

“Maknae, meet me in the waiting room right after you finished changing”, Jiyong ordered flatly before making his way out of the changing room, leaving Seungri perplexed and confused at the same time. His mind worked hard, thinking of any situations or words that he had done wrong that day. But he frowned as he couldn’t recall any wrongdoings he did during the filming. ‘It couldn’t be because I said I didn’t watch Jiyong’s acting in the special episode of Infinity Challenge, right? Well, he is the one who didn’t allow me to watch it, he said he was too embarrassed and warned me not to see any of his scenes. So, what could be it, huh? I didn’t say anything rude or made a lie. I think I behaved well for today’s filming.’ Seungri pondered as he put on his coat and reached for his phone before slipping it inside his coat’s pocket. He walked hurriedly to the waiting room that was exclusively for BIGBANG’s members, not wanting the leader to wait any longer.

Inside the waiting room, Jiyong was already seated on the 2-seater couch, casually leaning back and relaxing himself while waiting for his lover to come in. They were done with the filming, but the casts of Infinity Challenge wanted to treat them for a dinner so they couldn’t really rejected the offer, considering all the nice treatment they got for the filming that day. Jiyong’s mind wandered back to the filming just a few hours before. He couldn’t believe the honest talk segment was going to be very serious and tense. The studio was definitely filled with some intense feeling, even MC Yoo Jaesuk felt the awkwardness and tried his very best to lighten the mood with the help of the original casts. Meanwhile, the BIGBANG members were very stiff and not as relaxed as they were on the segment before that. And the reason for all the queasy feeling was their maknae, Seungri. The way Seungri explained his reason for all the questions was making the members very worried and anxious. Seungri was feeling insecure and he thought lowly of himself. Well, Seungri had said in various occasions about BIGBANG without him, he thinks he wasn’t really needed in the group. But hearing about how Seungri said he is the least talented member and he thinks he doesn’t have a big role in BIGBANG made Jiyong felt heartbroken. Truthfully, his heart was torn apart upon hearing to Seungri’s words. He wouldn’t trade Seungri for anyone else as their maknae. Seungri is perfect, they couldn’t wish for a better maknae other than him. Although he likes to joke and tease the maknae, but deep down, it was just a defence mechanism for him to mask his overwhelming love to his one and only lover. He needed to protect their relationship, thus he made it like they are not really close and bicker with each other a lot. But in truth, Seungri got Jiyong wrapped inside his fingers. Seungri is Jiyong’s weakness; he couldn’t fight or even say no to the maknae at all. He always loses when it comes to Seungri. That is how important Seungri is, in Kwon Jiyong’s life.

The sound of the door being pushed open broke off Jiyong from his heavy thought. He turned his head toward the door and saw Seungri hesitantly peek his head, as if asking permission to come inside the room. Well, it wasn’t necessary; he is a member of BIGBANG, he didn’t need anyone’s permission to be in the room. Jiyong sighed inwardly at the maknae’s behaviour, as he motioned the younger to sit beside him on the couch. Seungri quickly seated himself and fidgeted nervously, waiting for Jiyong to start talking. He glanced around the room, finding Youngbae and Daesung sitting at the opposite side of the room, immersed in their smartphones. Turning his body to his left, Jiyong took a good look at his lover and felt his heart fell upon seeing the exhausted and drained face. He knew Seungri was tired physically and emotionally, from all the bad words and rumours about him. He really wanted to just cuddle his cute lover in his lap to sleep but they needed to talk. He couldn’t contain his inner feelings anymore.

“Ri, are you okay?” Jiyong started carefully.

“Of course I am, hyung. Why wouldn’t I be?” Seungri chuckled nervously; he was feeling anxious of what Jiyong was going to talk about.

“Don’t try to fool me, Ri. I know something’s not right. Is it the insecure feeling again? You’re having the abandonment issue again.”

“Err, not really. But maybe I was a little self-conscious. It just slipped off my mouth,” Seungri gulped down uncomfortably. He was really scared of Jiyong right now; his expression was really serious and stern.

“You know you don’t have to feel that way, right? And it’s not the first time we’re having this talk. We talked about this many times before. You’re part of BIGBANG, regardless of what people say. Even if I or the other hyungs said anything, it’s just a teasing. You shouldn’t take it to heart. And don’t ever say that you’re not talented. You’re here because you are better than anyone else. BIGBANG won’t be BIGBANG without you. Remember that, okay?” Jiyong persuaded him soothingly but there was a hint of seriousness in voice.

Upon hearing the leader’s words, Seungri couldn’t hold his tears anymore. His vision blurred as he felt his cheeks getting wet from the fallen tears. His sniffed a little before sobbing out audibly in front of his lover. “Haish, this innocent panda. You made me look bad for making you cry”, Jiyong sighed loudly before pulling the maknae’s small body towards him. He wiped off the tears with his thumbs and pecked the younger’s trembling lips gently before bringing the crying maknae’s head to rest on his shoulder. His arms wrapped around the shaking body tightly, his right hand drawing circles in the other’s back in soothing manner. Somehow, Youngbae and Daesung magically lost their interests on their smartphones and were already crouching down beside the couple on the couch. Youngbae patted Seungri’s head softly, muttering “it’s okay, maknae. Let it all out and you’ll feel better. We’re here with you.” Daesung also attempted to soothe the sobbing maknae, “we love you, maknae. The hyungs love you very much. Don’t ever feel small or worthless. Our maknae is strong, right?”

“Its okay, Dae, Bae. I got him. Thanks anyway for your words.” Jiyong said earnestly and gave a grateful smile to both of them. Youngbae and Daesung nodded understandingly before they made their ways out of the room, leaving the couple alone. Seungri gripped Jiyong’s coat tightly, before burying his face into the crook of his lover’s neck. His sobbing stopped but his tears were still flowing endlessly. Jiyong let the younger calmed himself, he knew the latter needed to let out all his pent-up feeling. And being the good lover he is,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter