Love and Justice

Love and Justice

Chapter 8 

 

They both froze as someone knocked on the door. Jaejoong gestured Tiffany to a corner and he cautiously approached the door, “Who is it?” 

 

“Your driver.” A man answered. 

 

Jaejoong opened the door and pulled the man inside, “What the hell are you doing here?! I thought we agreed that you should stay out of this!” Jaejoong yelled at Changmin angrily. 

 

“And good morning to you, too.” Changmin answered cheerfully, “How’s that bullet wound of yours?” He turned to Tiffany, “And how are your hands?” 

 

“Bullet? Jaejoong Oppa, you didn’t tell me you got shot.” Tiffany hurried over and fussed on Jaejoong's bandage, “Leave it. It’s just a graze, nothing to worry about.” Jaejoong said coldly. Tiffany went paled and stepped back. She was thinking that Jaejoong probably hated her because of everything she told him. 

 

Changmin raised his thick eyebrow. Something out of the ordinary was definitely happening here, “Well Jaejoong, you certainly know how to make a person feel appreciated. I woke up this morning, wondering how the two of you were going to get back to the city and out of the goodness of my heart, I barely had any breakfast before I jumped into the car to rescue you and what do I get? First thing you do is yell at me and then you ignored me.” 

 

“Thank you Changmin. Happy now? We had better get to the police before anything else happens.” 

 

“Ok, I'm definitely missing something here. What...?” Changmin started, but Jaejoong interrupted him.

 

“Fany, are you ready? Changmin, I will tell you about the latest development during the drive back.” 

 

Changmin was flabbergasted when Jaejoong told him Tiffany's story. One thing for sure, all the charges against her will be dropped as soon as the police arrested her uncle and verified her story but he sensed that there was something Jaejoong wasn’t telling him. He saw how Jaejoong was acting last night when he picked them up. A man doesn't look like that unless he cares for the girl and he knew that with Jaejoong, it was more than caring but right now, his friend was acting so cold towards Tiffany, it was almost as if he hated her. 

 

Because of Jaejoong and Changmin's legal status, they were able to meet the chief of police right away and explain the situation. An immediate citywide manhunt for Eunkyhung Hwang started, “I would advice all of you to lay low for a while until we get Eunkyhung Hwang in custody.” The chief of police said. 

 

“I want to go back to my apartment.” Tiffany said. 

 

“I wouldn’t advice that, young lady. Your uncle might show up there.” 

 

“I want to go back to my apartment.” Tiffany repeated. 

 

“Fany, be realistic. You can’t go back there now. The place is a mess and your uncle obviously have access to your apartment.” Jaejoong had been trying to distance himself from his brother’s girl but he couldn’t stand the thought of Tiffany being in any danger, “Tell you what? I will send someone over to tidy the place up for you. In the meantime, let’s go to my place first and wait.” 

 

“No, I don’t want to do that.” Tiffany wanted to get away from Jaejoong, too. 

 

“That is an excellent suggestion Jaejoong. I will have a police car drive you over. Changmin, I think you should distance yourself from these two for now. We don’t need to worry about any additional people.” 

 

Tiffany was left with no choice but to agree. 

 

“Do you want to take a shower before I change your bandage?” Jaejoong offered. They were having lunch in the dining room. Jaejoong had to stop himself from feeding Tiffany when he saw the trouble she was having by using her fork and knife with her bandaged hand. 

 

“A shower would be lovely.” 

 

Jaejoong nodded and got her extra towels, one of his carbon heather black nike icon tee shirt and a black flint gray nike epic athletic pants, “Just yell if you need anything else.” 

 

Tiffany luxuriated in the shower. Her hands stung when water hit it but they became numb in a matter of minutes. The hot water did its job; she was more relaxed by the time she shut the water off. She found Jaejoong watching tv in the living room. 

 

Jaejoong looked up as she walked into the room. He wanted to... 'No, don’t think about that.' He told himself, “Here, let me put fresh bandage on your hands.” He said in an emotionless voice. He was bandaging her hands when his doorbell rang. He got up to open the door and was shoved back inside the room. 

 

“You think you can hide from me? I told you what would happen if you ever told. Now, you are going to pay for your stupidity!” Eunkyhung gave his niece an evil look, “And so will you.” Eunkyhung waved his gun at Jaejoong. Then he smirked at Tiffany, “I never thought you had it in you. Stringing two guys around. You do what I want you to do or I will kill him. Understand?” 

 

“Please uncle, don’t hurt him? I will do anything you want me to do.” 

 

“That’s my girl. I have an associate who promised to give me a lot of money. Enough money to help me disappear and make a new life if he could have you.” 

 

“No.” Jaejoong stepped up but stopped in mid-stride when the madman pointed the gun at Tiffany instead, “You behave yourself or I will shoot her.” He said gleefully, “I must say, I'm thoroughly enjoying myself.” 

 

The three jumped when someone pounded loudly on the door. Using the gun to threatened the two into silence, Eunkyhung hissed at Jaejoong, “Get rid of that person!” 

 

Jaejoong barely cracked the door open. His face went paled when he saw his brother. Hyunjoong was so drunk; he was weaving while Jaejoong tried to talk to him, “This isn't a good time.” 

 

“What’s the matter? I’m no longer welcome at your place? I want to talk to you. Now!” Hyunjoong shouted, the last word. 

 

“Hyunjoong, I'm telling you. Leave.” Jaejoong tried to signal that there was something going on but it was pointless. His brother was drunk as a skunk. 

 

“Why? You have her in there, don’t you? I'm telling you that you aren't getting your way this time. Fany is mine and you aren't stealing her from me.” 

 

The door was yanked out of Jaejoong's hand by Tiffany's uncle, “How rude of you.” He admonished Jaejoong, “Why won’t you invite him to our party?” 

 

“No.” Jaejoong tried to shield Hyunjoong but the man pushed against his wound and he staggered backwards with pain. 

 

“See, at least someone else appreciates me.” Hyunjoong looked at the man like he was his savior, “I knew it. Fany is here.” He turned in rage towards his brother, “How could you do this to me?! Isn’t it enough that you have all of dad’s affection?! You had to steal my girlfriend, too?!” 

 

“Enough!” Eunkyhung shouted. He pointed the gun at Hyunjoong, “Be a good boy and sit at the couch next to your girlfriend.” He sneered, “Gotta hand it to you, girl, brothers even.” 

 

“What’s going on?” Hyunjoong's mind cleared instantly the second he saw the gun. He assessed the situation. He had no idea who that man was but he now realized they were in danger. 

 

Jaejoong saw his opportunity. Eunkyhung was distracted by Hyunjoong's arrival and was getting too cocky. He charged, aiming for the gun. Some sixth sense warned Eunkyhung and he turned around just in time to aim his gun at Jaejoong. Hyunjoong, who was closer to Eunkyhung, understood what was happening and jumped on Eunkyhung, too. 

 

Tiffany had her hand against to stop herself from screaming. The three men were all struggling for the gun. The loud blast from the gun was anticlimactic to the total silence that followed as Eunkyhung dropped to the ground. Jaejoong had been able to land a solid punch on the uncle’s face. Hyunjoong staggered back. They all watched in horror as a red stain started to spread rapidly over his chest.