006

Shinigami
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠

 

1606’s POV.

I was exhausted by the time I reached home. After I inserted the password to the apartment and went in, I noticed the light in the living room was still on. I puffed a breath. I remembered telling 1607 to switch off the light before she went to bed. 

Tch that kid.

I went to the kitchen to grab myself a drink. I smiled when I saw a note on my usual drink inside the refrigerator.

‘Enjoy the drinks. I restock yours since you have been working hard!’

I took out the drink from the drink's shelf and chugged it down my throat. It was my favourite drink in Earth named Coca-Cola. It was 1607 who taught me to try every human food and drink in Earth. Then I discovered this black drink. It was so refreshing and I liked the taste of its fizziness.

After tossing the empty can into the bin, I went to switch off the lights both in the kitchen and living room. Then, I turned my heels to my room. Thankfully I got no tasks for the next 2 days. I really need time to rest.

Geez, I didn’t expect working as a librarian was hard too. I thought it was fun because you just stayed in the library doing nothing but it seemed I was wrong. Duh having two jobs was so tiring.

On my way to my room, I then noticed my door was half-closed.

Did I forget to lock my room?

I went inside and was surprised to find 1607 was sprawling herself on my bed. A thin smile was playing at the corner of my mouth as I was leaning on the wall, staring at her. 1607 moved a little and hugged herself. I bet she was cold. I went to the bed and pulled the comforter beneath her before I covered it on her. I sat on the bed beside her as I watched her slept peacefully. Then I spotted a liquid at the corner of her eyes.

Haishh did she cry in her sleep again?

Carefully, I wiped her tears with my thumb. She moved a little in her sleep before her forehead formed into a wrinkle.

Why are you frowning? Just what are you dreaming of?

Is it a painful one?

I her smooth silky hair. The frown on her face seemed to fade away.

Is she dreaming of her? My heart clutched at the thought of her. I recalled watching 1606 crying over sleepless night because of her. I recalled talking with an expressionless 1606 after that incident. I recalled 1606’s smile and laugh disappeared because of her back then.

“S-sa-rah...”

I heard 1606 mumbled in her sleep. I quickly hold her hand in hope she would be calmed. 1606 then went from mumbling to whining. It was so heart breaking.

I lied beside her and slowly I lifted her head from the bed to my chest. I hugged her as I rested my chin on her head.

“Shushh it’s okay. I’m here...”

The whining then slowly died. I her hair again, loving the scent of her hair every time it went into my nostrils. Was she every night like this? It has been 3 years.

I remembered meeting 1607 for the first time. She thought she first met me in the Phoenix but she was wrong. I had met her long before that. I remembered seeing a girl in ponytail was begging her mother not to send her to the Soul Reaper’s headquarters. We were both fifteen that time. I was accompanied by my brother there for the training. I was annoyed the first time I met her because she cried about not wanting to become a Soul Reaper, saying it was bad and cruel.

Did she think people who become Soul Reaper wanted to do it voluntarily? Half of them had to do it because that was their fate. Fate of becoming a creature to reap human’s soul. Could they protest it? No. You must obey the Creator no matter what.

Then after the registration, I saw her sobbing at the corner after her mother left her. I just jeered at her on that time. I hated people who cried over something you couldn’t help. A week later after some basic training, I was picked by a guild name Phoenix and I met her again. She was so shy and barely talk with other members within the guild. My first impression towards her was petty, a total nuisance, a cry baby and weak. However Fate seemed to have its own games. I was paired with her for our job. I couldn’t do anything about it because our guild leader’s decision was final.

Because of the annoyance towards her, I always did bad things at her, speak using harsh words and ignore her whenever she was around. She might be shy around the guild’s members but she was actua

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter