002

Shinigami
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠

“Hey! You stepped on my foot!”

“I’m so sorry!”

I ran as fast as I could. My bagpack was swinging side to side on my back. I lost count on how many Shinigami and Angel I bumped into. My heart was racing like crazy. I couldn’t believe I did it again. I was late to meet 1606! He must be furiously angry by now. I leered at my emerald watch. It was 6.10 a.m. I was supposed to meet him at dawn which was on 5.00 a.m. ago.

! I should have wake up when I heard *Mamisa’s voice calling me before she went out with *Papix.

My feet were aching because of the heels I wore but I didn’t stop running. If only I could use my wings but we were not allowed to fly in the air during the morning because our big wings would block the light from the sunshine to shine on Earth. What a pain duh! When it was afternoon in here, only then we were allowed to use our wings.

As I was almost arrived at the Holy Square, I already spotted 1606 in his glorious tailcoat and his usual grey scarf on his neck and shining skin. He was frowning so bad that his eyebrow looked like it etched in the middle. His hands in akimbo while his feet was tapping on the pavement irritably. Although I was scared, I eventually made my way towards him.

“At last! Holy Soul! Where have you been?” he asked grouchily when he saw me before I could even catch my breath. I put my hand on the air to stop him before he started to nag. I planted my palm on my knees to pant while I waited for my heartbeat to become normal again. After my breathing was stable, I lifted my head only to meet his face that was fuming with anger.

“I’m so sorry 1606. I overslept.”

He scowled more. “Sleep? Why are you always sleeping? Do you know how much timewasting it is?”

I bit my lips. I knew Shinigami wasn’t supposed to sleep. I meant we did sleep but only for a while to restore our energy. The ‘only for a while’ was only for 5-10 minutes but I went for 2 hours.

What should I do? I am a weak Shinigami :(

My energy would not be restored if I only slept for 10 minutes. However that was only applied in Holy Sky City because on Earth we did need sleep. I didn’t know why. Perhaps because the environment was different from Holy Sky City.

Actually, it was a pain being a Shinigami. Heck I didn’t want to be a Shinigami in the first place. My family was all an Angel but I was born as a Shinigami. Every child born in Holy Sky City would have a tattoo on the back of their neck. The Star tattoo was an Angel while the Crescent Moon tattoo was a Shinigami and Sun tattoo was a Devil. No one in the families knew why I was born as Shinigami because for 5 generations, they were all an Angel.

“I know, I know. I just can’t help it. Please accept my apology.” I uttered my brittle voice at him.

Then, I heard a groan. Wow he really hates me, wasn’t he?

Hiding my disappointment, I flashed him a grin. However 1606’s jaw was tightened with a hint of tension. He said nothing and glanced at his watch.  I knew very well we were one hour late. Our leader wouldn’t be happy over this although I did notice 1011 had a soft spot on me.

Wuu, how lucky!

“Let’s not dilly-dally shilly-shally here anymore. We have to hurry to the Earth Gate.”­­­ suddenly 1606 grabbed me by my wrist that sent shock to my body. I grimaced in pain during our way to the Earth Gate. His grip was too strong that I expected a bruise would appear after this.  

When we reached at the gate, I saw 1011 was already waiting there with his partner. Only the guild leader and his partner could open the Earth Gate by the power bestowed by our Creator. His lips curved when he saw me. I meant us.

Erghh I think I was so full of myself.

“Hey there you are! I thought you weren’t coming.” He cried. He gave a firm handshake at 1606 and a kiss on his right thumb, the key of the soul book. Then he did the same at me. It was our way of saying hi in Holy Sky City.

“Well, like always. You know her.” said 1606 in a matter-of-factly tone. I just smiled between gritted teeth. I was vaguely aware that my breathing was laboured not until 1011 cleared his throat.

“At least you guys make it and 1607? Please improve your time management okay?”

See? I told you he had a soft spot on me :P

1011 then continued, “Others were already residing inside the Earth. Shall we go now?”

We nodded. Then 1011 and his partner bit their thumb before they drew some pattern on the grand looking gate with their blood. The blood’s pattern disappeared into thin air and seconds later the gate was opened. I let out some breath when I realized my heart was beating fast again.

It wasn’t easy to go inside the gate to the Earth because it consumed energy and my energy was not that much. Besides, I had a weak control on composure. When you had a weak composure, the gate would consume your energy more than usual. It was because when you were inside the gate, the journey to the Earth was like you were warped. When you were warped, you would feel nothing but tiredness and dizziness.

That was why it was important to keep your composure to be in stable state which you must not let yourself warped by force. You must co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter