Chapter 2: Like A Dream

Time Is Gold

April 15th, 2015.

 

 

“ Goodbye Mrs Park! “.

 

 

Jimin groaned as he rolled around his bed. He slightly opened his eyes by the sunlights coming through the window. He sighed and closed his eyes again. Then he widely opened his eyes and abruptly sat up. He started to touch his body and then his cheeks, feeling unreal about this.

 

 

“ What? Didn’t I die? Is this heaven? Where am I? “. He looked around and realized that he was in his bedroom.

 

 

- “ Oh God, the fridge is empty again! “.

 

Jimin turned his gaze to door with confusion on his face.

 

 

“ Was that In Ha? “. He slowly got up from his bed as he tip toed until he reached the door and turned the knob. He slowly opened his eyes and poked his head out of it. He stepped out of the bedroom and slightly closed the door behind him as he looked around. He looked at the living room, which was clean and tidy, with no broken walls, no glasses everywhere and the furnitures were fine. His eyes then landed on the person he missed to see everyday. There she was, Choi In Ha, placing some pots inside of the fridge. Jimin gulped and shook his head, trying to wake up from the dream he’s having.

 

“ Good morning! “. Jimin looked up and saw In Ha smiling at him. He just stared at her like she was unreal. “ Why are you looking at me like I’m a ghost or something? “. She asked with a giggle before turning back to the fridge.

“ You… you are alive “. He whispered.

“ Of course I am! Alive and very hiperactive “. She giggled.

“ But you… you died in an accident! “.

“ Accident? Jimin, what are you talking about? “. She asked as she looked at him with confusion in her eyes.

“ You… you witness me kissing Bomi and then you ran away. I ran after you but then a bus hit you and… and… “. He said as he scanned at her.

“ And? “.

“ And… you died. You left me . I was so depressed that I decided to end my life by drowning myself “. In Ha looked at him before bursting into a laugh.

“ Gosh Jimin, you should stop watching movies so late. You are getting many meaningless dreams lately “. She chuckled.

 

Jimin titled his head at a side and then glanced at the calendar from the wall. His eyes widened and then grabbed it to make sure he was seeing it correctly.

 

Wednesday, April 15th, 2015.

 

 

“ Wait! So… I came back to time? Is that possible?! How… “.

 

 

He looked back at In Ha, who was closing the door of the fridge and was walking toward him.

 

 

“ I already put your favorite side dishes in the fridge. So stop eating fast food and eat proper meal, okay? “. She said with a smile. “ And next time, set your alarm clock on, you heavy sleeper “. She said with a pout as she sweetly pinched his cheek. She was about to leave when he grabbed her wrist and pulled her into a tight hug. Her eyes widened in shock by the sudden action and she was about to broke the hug. “ Jimin-ah “.

“ I missed you “. He whispered as he pulled her closer. “ I missed you “. He repeated.

 

In Ha softened and wrapped her arms around his waist.

 

 

“ Was really a bad dream? “. She softly asked as she rubbed his back to comfort him. Jimin just sighed and closed his eyes as he hugged her tighter, not wanting to let her go.

“ The worst nightmare I ever had “. He confessed.

 

She smiled and broke the hug, staring deeply at him.

 

“ Look at me. I’m here. Right in front of you. I won’t leave like I did in your dream, okay? “. She said as she cupped his cheeks and tip toed to kiss his forehead.

 

Jimin weakly smiled and nodded.

 

“ But if you cheat on me, then we are over for sure “. In Ha warned him as she narrowed her eyes and pointed at him. Jimin chuckled and hugged her back.

“ I won’t, I promise “. He said. In Ha smiled and hugged him back. “ Can you stay for a bit more? “. He asked, more like begging.

“ Sure “. She said with a sweet smile.

 

 

 

In Ha served him dinner since he didn’t go to school today. Jimin stared at the side dishes In Ha brought and then stared back at In Ha, who was sitting across him.

 

“ What? You lost your appetite? “. In Ha asked with concern.

“ N-No, I will eat “. He said as he grabbed the spoon and shoved a spoonful of rice in his mouth. He chewed a few times before choking the rice as he banged his chest with his fist.

“ Yah! Eat slowly or you will get a stomach ache! “. In Ha said as she hurried toward Jimin and rubbed his back and handed him a cup of water. He drank it and then rubbed his chest in relief.

“ Thanks “.

“ You are acting weird today… Did that dream affect you too much? “. She asked as she gently rubbed his back.

“ I guess… “.

 

In Ha sighed and grabbed the spoon. She put some rice on the soup and mixed before handing him the spoon back.

 

 

“ It will be better if you eat it this way “. She said. Jimin gave her a small smile but instead of eating, he grabbed her hand and gently it with both hands.

“ Your hands are soft… like always “. He said as he reached it and placed it on his cheek and closed his eyes with a sigh, feeling comfort by her touch.

 

 

In Ha softened and just stared at him.

 

 

 

After dinner, In Ha walked toward the front door of the apartment and slipped on her shoes.

 

“ Are you sure you don’t want me to walk you home? It’s dangerous at these hours “. Jimin was worried that something might happened to In Ha.

“ I’m fine. Besides you look tired and my house is a few blocks away from yours “.

“ But I’m your boyfriend, it’s my job to make sure you go home safely “.

 

In Ha chuckled and then reached her hand to his cheek and warmly it.

 

“ You are worrying too much lately “.

“ Of course I am. Wouldn’t you be worried if something happens to me? “.

“ Don’t worry, I will text you once I get home, I promise “.

“ You better be “. He said with a glare.

In Ha giggled and then kissed his lips. Jimin felt a warm feeling in his heart. He missed that kiss, he missed her lips.

 

“ Rest well “. She said.

“ You too “.

 

She smiled and waved at him before leaving the apartment. Jimin watched her taking the elevator and waved at her before she entered in.

 

 

“ Be safe, In Ha-yah “.