Chapter 1: My Fault

Time Is Gold

May 5th, 2015.

 

 

“ Reporter Kim Jongdae reporting you. A terrible event happened on April 29th, when Choi In Ha, an 18-year-old student from Seoul High School, was crossing the street when a bus hit her and instantly died. Witnesses tell that she crossed the street when the lights were green, meaning that it could have been a possible attempt of suici-“.

 

Jimin turned off the TV and threw the remote control through the wall, which crashed and broke into pieces. Jimin sat on the couch and covered his face with his hands. He felt guilt, disgusted and depressed. Because of him, his girlfriend left this world. Because she discovered his affair with one of the most popular girl of their school, she was killed. Jimin never felt so down in his life before, he never wanted his girlfriend to be deserved like that. He ran his hands through his messy hair and looked at the nothing. The living room was a total mess. There were broken glasses over the floor, the table and some chairs flipped over and the walls had some holes on them.

 

Jimin sighed and stood up before heading to the bathroom with a picture of him and In Ha and a lighter. He entered in the bath tub and the sink. He looked lifeless at the picture. Tears started to drop as he looked at his girlfriend brightly smiling while he was backhugging her and planting a kiss on her cheek.

 

 

 

 

~ Flashback ~

 

 

In Ha was walking around the school’s corridor, looking for her boyfriend Jimin. It was Wednesday and they supposed to go to the cinema together since they didn’t have much time to spend together. In fact, they haven’t since each other for the past two weeks, except in school. In Ha grew worried if Jimin had a problem since he has been a little bit distant with her and she wanted to know the reason. She looked around and just looked through random classrooms but she couldn’t find him. She sighed and kept walking around. She walked until she stopped at a classroom at the end of the corridor. She opened the door and poked her head out. She smiled when she saw Jimin and was about to greet him when someone appeared in front of him. In Ha took a step back and wondered who it was. Her eyes widened when the person approached to him and gave him a kiss on his lips. Her heart ached as she clutched onto it while letting the tears fell from her eyes.

 

I can’t believe he has been cheating on me all this time “. She thought.

 

“ J-Jimin? “. She asked with trembling voice.

 

Jimin opened his eyes and they widened by seeing his girlfriend in front of him. He pulled the girl away from him and took a step forward.

 

“ I-In Ha-yah.. “.

“ What happened Jimin? “. The girl asked and turned around.

 

In Ha’s eyes got red in anger when the girl who kissed Jimin was none than Bomi, her ex best friend from middle school.

 

“ Oh hey, In Ha “. Bomi smirked while waving at her.

“ How can you do this to me? “. In Ha whispered.

“ In Ha, it’s not what you think “. Jimin said as he tried to convince In Ha.

 

With no word, In Ha just walked away.

 

“ In Ha! Wait! “. Jimin ran and left the classroom.

 

In Ha was running with her life. Tears were rolling down her cheeks as her vision was getting blurry because of them. As she kept running, Jimin was calling her.

 

“ In Ha-yah! “.

 

“ Go away from me, you liar! “.

 

She ignored him and ran until she arrived at the corner of a street. Without thinking, she crossed the street when the lights were still green.

 

“ In Ha-yah! Stop! “. Jimin shouted.

 

He arrived at the corner of the street and his eyes widened when he saw a bus coming faster toward In Ha.

 

“ In Ha! Watch out! “. The last thing he was In Ha being hit by the bus and falling on the ground, lifelessly. His heart dropped to the floor with panic and shock. “ I-In Ha… “. He slowly walked toward her body and kneeled down. He cupped his mouth with a hand when he realized she wasn’t breathing. Tears were forming in his eyes as he tried to wake her up.

 

“ In Ha-yah, please open your eyes “. He whispered as he kept shaking. “ Please wake up. Don’t do this to me. IN HA!!! SOMEONE PLEASE CALL 119! In Ha please wake up, WAKE UP! “. He screamed as he hugged her and rocked forward and backward, regretting what he had just done.

 

 

 

 

 

~ End of the Flashback ~

 

 

 

 

 

 

“ I should have stop you sooner. No. I shouldn’t have done that in the first place. If it wasn’t for my mistake, you will still be alive “. He the lighter as flame came from it and reached toward the picture. Jimin slowly looked at the picture being burned until it turned into ashes. He threw the picture on the floor and turned off the sink. He looked at his reflexion on the water while tears were dropping. “ Wait a bit In Ha, I’m coming… “. He took a deep breath before sinking himself in the water with his eyes closed. He was peacefully lying there, trying to contain his breath before giving it up and heading to where In Ha was.

Just then, he heard loud bangs from the door.

 

 

“ Honey! Please come out! Don’t do this to yourself! Jimin-ah! “. A female voice said as she was crying while banging the door with all her strength.

 

“ Sorry mom, goodbye and be safe… “. Jimin then opened his mouth and water started to fill inside of him. A few minutes later, all he could see was dark.