Chapter 5: The Last Chance

Time Is Gold

April 29th, 2015

 

 

 

For almost a week and a half, Jimin and In Ha spend their time together by doing activities Jimin has wrote down in the list.

They went to Everland by riding roller coasters, they went to watch the second movie of The Avengers on a Saturday night, he accompany her around the school by helping to carry her books, being with her in the library and also going to Hongdae after school, he even cooked a romantic dinner for their a-year-and-a-half anniversary and giving her a beautiful necklace as a gift. Yesterday, they went for a long walk to Han River, like In Ha wished. But that worried Jimin since yesterday was the last day before the deadline was over.

Now he was in his apartment, staring at the calendar that was hanging on the wall, straightly looking at the date encircled in a red circle that had something written: “ In Ha’s accident “.

 

Jimin sighed in desperation. He wasn’t ready to let In Ha go like that.

 

“ I have to do something “. He thought. He grabbed his backpack and left the house before heading to In Ha’s apartment.

 

 

 

-      “ Something is wrong, Jimin? You look worried “. In Ha commented in concern as she stared at her boyfriend while they were walking hand in hand toward school.

-      “ I’m fine “. He mumbled with a nod and forced a smile.

-      “ Are you sure? “. She asked for confirmation.

-      “ Totally “. He lied. He wasn’t fine at all. He was dead worried.

-      “ All right then “. She slightly shrugged her shoulders.

 

 

Classes continued normally, but Jimin has been distracted all day. The only thing he could think right now was how to safe In Ha from death. He remembered that before her death, he was with Bomi in a random classroom while making out. He regretted doing that. The last class has ended and everyone dismissed the classroom. In Ha wasn’t there because she went to the bathroom. Jimin decided to wait for In Ha when a hand grabbed his wrist and pulled him out of the classroom, dragging him to somewhere far.

 

-      “ What the hell?! “. He snapped in anger when he was shoved inside of a random classroom. He stared at the person and frowned. “ Bomi, why did you drag me here? I don’t have time for you “.

-      “ Why Jimin? Are you afraid that your girlfriend might leave you? “.

-      “ Bomi- “.

-      “ Come back to me, Jimin. I can make you happy “.

-      “ No “. He said with seriousness. “ I will never go to you again “.

-      “ Why do you love her anyways? She is just an average girl. She isn’t popular, she isn’t rich, she isn’t even pretty! “.

-      “ She’s more than those things. She’s special and I love her. So stop bringing In Ha in this conversation “. Jimin stated and pulled out his phone when he felt it vibrated.

 

 

Sorry, I will go first. I have to head to somewhere. See you tomorrow. I love you <3.

In Ha

 

 

-      “ No… no,no “. He glanced at the time on his phone and his eyes widened. “ It will be almost the end of her deadline! I have to stop her! “.

Jimin was about to leave when Bomi grabbed his arm.

 

-      “ If you leave, I swear I will kill myself! “. She threatened him as tears started to fall down her cheeks.

-      “ Do whatever you want. Don’t count your life on me “. Jimin glared at her before yanking his arm away and running toward the school gates.

 

He ran as fast as he could, trying to find her. Begging for not being late in the moment that event happens. He made a stop to take a breath as sweat was rolling down from his forehead and the sides of his head. He looked up and spotted In Ha waiting in the edge of a path to cross.

 

 

-      “ In Ha-yah! “. He called but In Ha couldn’t hear him. He realized that she had her ears plugged with earphones. He cursed as he ran toward her. In Ha was enjoying the weather of today. She never have been so happy in her life. When she was about to give up on Jimin, his change of attitude made her heart to grew warm and happy like the first time she met him. She looked at her right and saw a man crossing the road, taking the hint that she should cross too. She started to cross the street and turned around. Her eyes widened when a bus was coming to her way. She couldn’t move because of how paralized and shocked she was. Little did she know that someone came at her side and both of them were crashed by the bus, landing on the ground. A pool of blood started to soak around them while crowd of people were surrounding them. In Ha slowly opened her eyes and saw the person in front of her.

-      “ Jimin…. “. She whispered. She looked at his cold hand and grabbed it as a tear slipped off from her eyes before darkness consumed her.