Chapter 5: Soju

Reality

The day after Woohyun’s crying incident.

“Hyung” Woohyun is surprised to see Sunggyu outside his room waiting for him as they just got back from China.

“We need to talk”

“No, we don’t. I don’t think we have anything to talk about”

“Yes, we do. I’ll even drag you if I need to.” That is how they ended up on a bar where usually Kpop idols visited, a place known for them in keeping celebrity’s privacy.

“What do you want?”

“Stop acting, how many times do I need to tell you that I can read through your eyes?”

“I don’t really understand what we need to talk about”

“I know you are having a hard time. Tell me what can I do to make you feel better?”

“Stay away from me”

“Liar”

“What answers you want form me. You will not believe anything I say”

“I’ll only accept truth and honest response”

“Then why bother ask”

“Because I want you to know, that even if we are not in a relationship anymore, you can still rely on me as the leader of Infinite”

“Is that a joke? Try harder”

“Why do you hate me? What did I ever do to you to treat me this way?” Woohyun is shock from the question. He could not recall himself on where do they start to drift away. He shot one whole bottle of soju straight up to the last drop because he could not think of any answer to the question. Sunggyu just watch him gulp the bottle of soju thinking that if they got drunk, their conversation would be more honest and sincere. Besides, he is really good in managing alcoholic drinks unlike Woohyun.

“Hyung… it hurts a lot… too much I don’t even know where to start”

“We have all night”

“I don’t hate you. I really don’t. It was you who started avoiding me and I respect that because I know it is my fault. But I hope you understand that I did it for us. Hyung, I feel like I’m at the lowest of the deepest trench in the world. I know you will always stay by my side and that is why I need to let you go because I don’t want to drag you down with me.”

“Do you still love me?”

“I don’t know anymore. I feel like if I really love you, then we should go on through this together, but my action states things otherwise, I wanted to go through this alone. One thing I am really sure is that I still care about you a lot, it hurts not to be by your side a lot, and I hope that in the future there will still be a place for me in your heart to accept my return.”

“If you ask me now if I still love you, with no hesitation, I love you so much I will let you go to find yourself. Same with your hope, I wish you find it sooner so that I can have you back in my arms again. Just like you, I am hurting a lot, so much sometimes I hate you because for hurting me, and sometimes I am afraid that I will get use of being not with you anymore I might forget how much I love you.”

“I’m very sorry. I wish I could take all your pain away” tears won’t stop falling from Woohyun’s eyes.

“Let’s settle things. If we really can’t be together, it’s Ok. I love you that much. But, please let be civil with each other for Infinite and Inspirits”.

Woohyun just nod at Sunggyu’s statement.

“In regards to your career, I’ll try to talk it out with Jungyeop-ssi”

After their long heart to heart and drunk talk, Sunggyu take care of Woohyun to his room. When he is about to leave their dorm, he spotted Sungyeol at the kitchen drinking water.

“Sungyeol, why are you still up?”

“Just got thirsty. Why are you here at our dorm?”

“Woohyun and I settled things. He got so drunk that is why I needed to bring him home”

“Are you Ok?” This is how another long night of heart breaking talk started for Sunggyu. He tried his best to be strong in front of Woohyun but he is unable to contain all the pain in front of Sungyeol. Sungyeol is the one who comforts him ever since his break-up with Woohyun.

 

A/N: Thank you for all those who have commented from my last update. I really appreciate your effort on cheering me up to continue this story. Hopefully you will continue to comment as I am inspired to continue this from all your supports. Also, hopefully this will be the last time I will bid my sorry, I tried to re-read this story and I spotted a lot of grammatical and typographical errors. Please bear with me as English is not my native language.

I actually do not have any idea yet on how to end this story, based on my perspective on Infinite and Woohyun, I don’t think they have a closure yet. Hence, this story may catch-up to their present schedules. I already plotted the next two chapters but I’m still holding it before I upload, because I want to hear your reaction first on this update hahaha.