Chapter 1: High Note

Reality

“What the hell are you thinking?” Jungyeop’s stern voice resounds in the dressing room.

“That adlib of yours is really stupid and selfish. The whole performance was wrecked because of it”, he continues.

“I did not mean to make it like that, I’m sorry” Woohyun answers, his head slightly bow and eyes only stares on his feet. Woohyun knew that their CEO will watch their performance today in Mcountdown, so he plan to do an adlib of hitting a higher note on one the lines of their song Bad. His intention was for the CEO to notice his potential for a solo album release. He did not mean any harm for the group of Infinite, heck he treat each member as a real family, but the CEO sees it otherwise.

“Sunggyu, do something about him, talk some senses on to his brain, you are the leader of this group, so control your members” Jungyeop’s last statement as he leaves the dressing room.

“Yes CEO-nim” Sunggyu answers as he bows to bid goodbye on the CEO.

“I’m really sorry everyone. I really do not have any bad intention” Woohyun states as soon as the CEO left the room.

“I know Woohyun. We know. But, we also know that something is bothering you for the past few months. Mind sparing a time and talk about it? You always excuse yourself saying everything is Ok and here comes the time that everyone is affected by your inner troubles” the rest of the group listens and stays silent unable to interrupt the dark aura around the room. Woohyun looks like he wants to spill everything but still hesitant, Sunggyu notice it. “Ok, we will talk separately. For now, everyone, prepare yourself to go home and take a rest, we have another schedule performance tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Knock… knock… knock… Sunggyu gesture to Woohyun’s room on the second unit they have rented on the condominium.

“Hyung” Woohyun opens the door.

“We need to talk, let me in” Woohyun walk to side to let Sunggyu enter the room. The latter walks in to seat on Woohyun’s bed.

“Hyung, I’m really sorry”

“No need, you had already said that you did not intend any harm for the group, besides, it already happens, there is nothing we can really do about it. Also, I am not here to talk about that incident. Woohyun, you need to be honest and tell me what has been bothering you.”

“You will not understand”

“How did you know? You haven’t even tried talking yet. Woohyun, who am I to you?” Woohyun is shock to hear the question.

“I… I love you…”

“Really? Why can’t you trust me then?”

“This is not about you or about us”

“Still, you don’t trust me enough to share your troubles with me”

“It is not that, it’s about me and I hate it”

“Woohyun, tell me. I want to know. I need to know. I need to understand”

“I… I feel hurt… so much… In regards Infinite’s sub units. Every time this topic is brought up on the interview… I have nothing. Everyone in the group has one, everyone had recently release their album and everyone has individual activities plan in the near future… while I have none… I feel pressure… too much… I’m scared… I feel useless… Earlier today, that adlib, I just want Jungyeop-ssi to notice my potential to release a solo album, really nothing against the group. I’m really sorry” tears fall from Woohyun’s eye as hi expresses his self. Sunggyu wraps his arms around the younger to comfort him.

“I’m sorry too. I should have been more sensitive to your feelings. You do not need to say sorry to others, for sure they will understand as soon as they are informed of your troubles and thoughts”

“Hyung, please speak to them for me. I don’t think I have any strength to face them. I’m really embarrassed of my mistake”

“I will, but you need to condition yourself. You cannot be this emotional as we have promotion and concert schedule ahead. You, among all people should know that having a solo promotion is not as easy like a snap. Especially with the type of schedule we have ahead of us. Instead of being pressure, convert it to motivation and prepare by composing new pieces. For sure Jungyeop-ssi have plans for you” Sunggyu kisses Woohyun’s forehead as the latter continues to cry on his arm.

 

A/N: I hope you like this. This is actually my first story. I’m sorry if you feel that the update is short, but I will try to update new chapter as much as possible. Also, I’m sorry if there is any grammar mistake as English is not my native language. About this story being rated M, I do have plan of having a scene, but please do not set your expectation high as this is my first time and the plan is still subjected to changes as I write throughout the story. Thank you.