Training with bubbletea?

My Football Manager
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“The first training with our new members!” Suho announced excitedly.

“To start, let us all say our names, age, hobby and dreams for the future.” Kris ordered.

“Kim Minseok, Xiumin. 19. Favourite hobby, football and eating. My dreams for the future? To become a barista and own a café.”

“Luhan, 19. Favourite hobby, football, basically sports and singing. I want to become a football player in the future.”

“Kim Joonmyun or Suho, also 19 and one of the leaders of the football team. My hobbies are reading, football and golf. I may want to become a teacher in the future.”

“Wu Yifan, call me Kris, I’ll kill you otherwise. I’m the other leader and 19 too. My hobbies are being cool, acting cool, looking handsome, basketball and many more. I want to remain cool in the future.”

“Is it my turn? Hi! I’m the happy virus, Chanyeol! I’m 18. I like rapping, dancing, playing the guitar and drums. I want to become a rapper-singer in the future, or maybe help out in my parent’s restaurant.”

“I’m Baekhyun, the best singer here and the eyeliner diva! I’m 18 and I like singing, hapkido, playing the piano, watching movies, makeup and listening to music. I want to become a singer.”

“Do Kyungsoo, you can call me D.O. I’m 18 also, and regardless of what Baekhyun said, I’m the best singer. I like cooking, tidying up things, singing. I am the ‘mother’ of this group and the chef. I want to either become a singer or a chef.”

“My singing is better than yours anyway.”

“Shut up, Baek. It’s my turn. Hi everyone! My name is Kim Jongdae but you can call me Chen. I am a second year and I like to prank people. My hobbies are singing and playing the piano. I may want to be a vocal trainer or a singer.”

“Yixing, it’s your turn.”

“Is it? What am I supposed to say?”

“Introduce yourself.”

“Oh. I’m Zhang Yixing but everybody calls me Lay. I am 18 and I like to sing, play the guitar, play the piano, compose songs and dancing. I like cooking too. I want to become a producer.”

“Kim Jongin but you guys better call me Kai or I’ll murder you in your sleep. Only Hyejin is allowed to call me that. I’m 17 and the handsomest guy in the universe! I like dancing, reading, football and listening to music. I want to become a ballet dancer.”

“A ballet dancer? That’s so girlish.”

“Kim Jongdae……”

“Sorry, Hyejin-ah.”

“You better be. A ballet dancer is a good career.”

“My turn! My turn! I’m the AB style Kungfu Panda, Tao! I’m a first year too! I like Gucci! And video games! And wushu! And Hyejin! And Kai is my best friend! I want to become a model!”

“What kind of introduction is that?”

“I think there were too many exclamation marks in his introduction.”

“Did someone feed him chocolate? I think he’s high.”

“Leave him alone. Next person!”

“Hi, I’m Sehun. I’m also a first year and I am new to football. I like to dance, act and listen to music. I want to become a poet. I like Hyejin.”

“The last statement was a bit random……”

“It’s your turn, Hyejin.”

“Ok. As most of you know, I’m Hyejin, your football manager. I am a first year like Tao, Kai and Sehun. I like to listen to music, organise things, read and study. I want to become a… I’m not sure yet.”

“Introductions are finished! Let’s start training!” Suho announced as he steered the group towards where the coach was waiting patiently.

“Hyejin? I want you to go get something. Come here for a while.” Suho turned around and stopped Hyejin in her tracks.

--

“When I signed up for this, I didn’t sign up to be a gopher.” Hyejin sighed, an annoyed look on her face as she stood in line.

“Hello. Welcome to Happy Bubbletea Café. How may I help you?” The friendly cashier at the counter smiled at her.

“Just give me 12 bubbleteas.” She groaned.

“Um, pardon me for asking but, what flavours?” The cashier gave another smile at the 110% annoyed girl.

“Look,” Hyejin leaned on the counter, “are you ready to get an earful of information?”

Getting an encouraging, patient smile from the cashier, she took a deep breath, “you asked for it.”

“……2 taro-flavoured bubbleteas, one without pearls, the other with and 1 chocolate flavoured bubbletea with everything in it.” Hyejin was heaving by the time she finished the entire list.

The poor cashier was also sweating from writing down the flavours and extra information down furiously. The growing line of people behind her were instead of angry, amused at the amount of detail she went into the bubbletea she was ordering.

“You must have a pack of thirsty boys, yes?” One guy laughed.

When her order came, she collected the plastic bags with a thanks and an apology to all those behind her and took off with the heavy load. By the time she reached the football field, she was already out of breath and red in the face. Grumbling, she dumped the drinks on the bench and caught her breath. She suddenly realised the empty field apart from the coach.

“Come here for a moment, Hyejin.” The coach beckoned her.

She had a strange feeling she was going to work out even more.

--

“Why am I doing this,” Hyejin huffed as she placed a drink in one of the lockers, “why did I have to comply with Kyungsoo’s pleading adora

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter