Day 3.3 Winter Story

Just Another Fine Day

“Mom, where are we going this holiday?” Syoo curiously asked his mother in one morning before they start their day. Christmas was coming, the kids were in holiday.  

“Ask your dad, Syoo, he’s the planner this year.” She placed pancakes in their plates and fruits for Soonkyu. 

“So Dad?” He turned his focus to the other guy in the room. 

“That’s for me to know, and for you to find out. Just wait for it Syoo.” 

“But dad...” 

“I finished, you better eat your breakfast fast. I don’t want us to be late, do you?” Hyukjae took his baseball hat and a bag of sport equipment from the sofa, kissed Soonkyu on her cheek and gave Hyoyeon a peck, and went to his car on the garage, waiting for Syoo to come in to the car.  

Syoo sulked and ate his breakfast quick then took his own bag from the floor. He bit her mom a quick goodbye and followed her dad to his car. Both of the guys drove out for an exercise leaving the girls. 

“Mommy, is Syoo Oppa mad?” Soonkyu innocently asked her mother. Hyoyeon smiled at the innocent girl, “No, he’ll be fine, Kyu-ah. Daddy have something big for him this year.”  

“Will I get something big too, Mommy?” “What does Soonkyu want?” “I want a big big big doll house, like Hyomin has in her house.” “If you want a big big big doll house, you can’t come with Mommy and Daddy and Syoo Oppa. Do you want it?” 

The little girl thought a bit then shook her head hard showing disapproval. “I want to go with Mommy Daddy and Oppa..” “Keep secret too Oppa okay? It’s a surprise for him.” Hyoyeon put her point finger on his mouth and Soonkyu followed her making it a secret between them.  

“Now, let’s go to Uncle Taetae's house. Pick up your bag sweetie.” Hyoyeon made sure that everything were placed on the right place and locked the house, holding Soonkyu’s hand and help her to get into the car. They drove to Tae's house and spent the rest of the day there. 

 


 

That night after diner, Hyoyeon was in the main room when Syoo found her. He climbed to the bed and watching his mother putting some clothes to a big luggage.  

"Mom, are you preparing for the trip?" The question make Hyoyeon stopped packing and turn to her boy. "Yes Syoo." "When we'll going?" "Next Monday." "Awesome! Where are we going?" The excited boy climbed off the bed and walked to his mom. "It's a secret dear, don’t want to spoil the surprise right?" Hyoyeon patted his head and back to packing. 

Syoo watched his mother packed for a bit and hugged her in sudden made her surprised. She smiled and returned the hug making the boy blushed and ran out leaving her. Hyukjae who was going to walk in the room surprised by the boy running out from the room. He shook his head and walked in.  

Hyoyeon had finished packed their clothes, and smiling like idiot when he came in. 

"What was he did to make you smile like that?"  

"He was asking where are we going, I told him to wait till Monday, and you know, he hugged me in sudden!" She almost screamed the last part due the excitement. Hyukjae laughed at his wife's antics. 

"Wow! That's rare, he never want to be hugged since he's 4, said that he's a big boy and doesn't need to be hugged." 

"Indeed, that's why I'm smiling like this dear!" 

"Remember when.........." 

And both of them spent the night reminiscing about their kids.