Day 2

Just Another Fine Day

‘You have 1 new message’        Friday, 4th December  8:00 P.M

On the same time at different places, Hyoyeon and Yoong’s phone got the notification. It has same text “Come to my place now. – Fany”.

Yoong who was just finished locking up the cafe read the message immediately hop into the car and go to Tiffany’s house. In the other side of town, Hyoyeon was playing with Soonkyu when she received it. She packed some items for her and her daughter then left the house not forgetting to tell her husband.

*ding dong* “Nuna, open the door.” Yoong arrived first since the cafe is not far from her house. He heard faint step from inside, and the door opened, showing Tiffany in her pajamas. “What happened nuna?” “Let’s wait for Hyoyeon unnie, I’ll tell you both.” “Okay” Tiffany let him in the house, Prince, the dog ran to him with tail wagging. “Hi Prince, long time no see buddy.” *woof* “What do you want to drink Yoong?” “Anything is fine nuna.” They were waiting in dining room, chit chatting with random topics and playing with Prince.

*ding dong* “Auntie Fany~~” “Wait a moment!” Tiffany ran to the door, opening it for the girl and the woman. “Hi Soonkyu! Hi Hyoyeon unnie!” She hugged both and ushered them to the house. “I’m sorry I have to bring Soonkyu here, Hyukjae and Syoo are having their baseball night.” “ No problem unnie.” Tiffany placed a cup of tea for the grown up woman and a bottle of juice for the girl.

“So, what’s this nuna?” Yoong asked first, straight to the problem. “So.. Yul’s birthday is tomorrow right?” Both nodded, let her continue. “So, I want to make a surprise party for him. I want Hyo unnie to invite his dancer friends in collage, you must have their contact since you were their teacher, right?” “Well, I can do that. I think I still have some their contacts.” “Good. And Yoong, we need your help to prepare the food and decorate the cafe, we can do the surprise there.” “But what if Yul hyung come and see the decoration? He might suspect something.” “That might happened, Fany-ah.” All of them kept silence, thinking for a way.

“Soonkyu don’t spill the juice, hold your bottle tight sweetie.” Hyoyeon held  Soonkyu’s bottle before it fall. Tiffany clapped upon hearing the mother, startling everyone. “I have an idea! Why don’t we ask Yul to babysit Soonkyu?” “Yul.. Babysit my Kyu?” Hyoyeon look at Tiffany blankly, processing what she heard from the bubbly girl. “That’s a good idea nuna, I think hyung will got his hand full for the whole day.” Yoong gave the idea a thumb. “Yeah.. I think we can do it. Soonkyu-ah, could you help mommy and Aunt Fany tomorrow?” The little girl who was listening for the whole conversation but didnt’ understands a single thing, nodded and gave them a smile. “Okay, that’s it! Now we can talk about the preparation!”

Three of them talk until late night, leaving the little girl sleeping in Tiffany’s room. Hyoyeon has informed all the dance crew and Tiffany also informed all their friends. Yoong and Tiffany also made the list of foods they would make for the other day. The guests bit their goodbye after.

 


 

Saturday morning, a tanned guy was still soundly sleeping in his room, not aware to what will happened in several hours.

*Ding dong* the guy awakens by the sound of the bell. Grumbles heard from him trying to wake up. “Kwon Yul, hurry, up open the door!” “Coming..” The guy opened the door of his apartment, and shocked by his nuna and Tae’s nuna appearance there. “Good morning Yul.” “Boa nuna, what are you doing here? With Hyoyeon nuna?” “And we are here too, Samchon!” From behind their mothers, Soonkyu and Kibum jumped in front. “And Soonkyu and Kibum too..” Yul was kind of having bad feeling with them suddenly came to his apartment early in the morning. “We need your help, Yul.” Boa said with mischief smile, “And it’s....” “Babysit!” He groaned loudly, showing his rejection.

“Now kids, get in to the house and don’t forget to behave okay?” Boa opened the door widely, ignoring her brother’s deadly stare. “Yes mom~” Soonkyu and Kibum immediately took off their shoes and ran inside. “Here’s their milk, diapers, and some extra clothes.” Boa gave him two big bags, not minding any protests from him. He only could accept everything she gave him. “Thanks a lot Yul-ah.” Hyoyeon said from outside the apartment, smiling inside knowing the torture they gave to the guy was kindda hard.

“Now let’s go Hyoyeon-ah~ goodbye Yul~ take care of them, kay? I’ll buy some food for you later~” the door closed leaving him with two kids staring at him. “Samchon, we’re hungry.” “*Sigh..*let’s order jjajangmyeon.” “YAY!” Yul gave up and decided to just enjoy his day with the kids.

 


 

“Now, go to the cafe!” The nunas start driving to Yul & Tiffany’s cafe to help Yoong and Tiffany, preparing for the night. Jessica also came a bit later, dropped by Tae who still need to do something for family’s business, so he only said a quick ‘Hi’ to his nuna and left the place. Luckily, the cafe is not that busy that day, the decoration finished in late afternoon, the cake also made, left the food that will be cooked by Chef Yoong. The cafe closed earlier for the event.The guests were arriving around six, ready to surprised the birthday boy.

“So everything is ready?” Tiffany asked everybody who helped that day. Hyoyeon showed the decoration, Yoong gave her taste for the foods, Jessica was placing the cake on the table, and the guests were there. “Boa unnie, you can ask him to come here now.” Boa called her brother to come to the cafe, ending his babysit day.

 


 

Yul end the phone call and talk to the kids who were eating chocolate ice creams. “Now your mommies finally remember both of you, let’s have a quick change. Look at you guys.. Full of chocolate, your mommies gonna killed me you know?” He gave them a smirk and got it too from them. He changed their clothes and put the bags of their items into the car. After he put the kids into the car, they drove to the cafe. “Samchon, why the cafe is dark? Isn’t mommy there?” Kibum said when they’re arrived. “I don’t know Kibum-ah.. let’s just go in okay?” He held their hands and walked to the cafe.

He pushed the door open to find the surrounding was too dark to see anything. One step forward and, “SURPRISEEEEEE!” The lamps and everyone were showing up behind the tables and cashier counter. Too shocked, Yul fell on his and got laughed by everyone, the kids are nowhere to be seen, leaving him alone. Tiffany came out bringing a cake for him. “Happy birthday dear Yul, get up, and make a wish.” Someone helped him to get on his foot. He closed his eyes in front of his cake making a wish. ‘I don’t wish for anything but the best for people who loves me.’ He blew the candle and got cheered again. “Thank you everyone, for coming and celebrate my birthday here. I know you guys are busy with your lifes, but still come here. Now, let’s enjoy the party!”

After the guests made their way to the foods and drinks, he looked at Tiffany who was still standing with the cake. He took the cake and placed in on the nearest table. He wrapped his arm around her waist and gave a peck on her lips. “Did you plan this?” “I just want to give you something for your birthday.” “Thank you, really.” “Thank you too for babysitting the children.” She gave him smirks, knowing that he got his hand full for today. “So that’s you idea??” The girl chuckled. “Yes it is, but I was only asked Hyoyeon unnie’s help, and then she asked Boa unnie too.” “Those witches..” grumbles heard from the guy and laughter from the woman.

And that night passed with smiles and laughter. Happy Birthday Kwon~