Chapter 6

My Heaven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


            5 months passed quickly without Luhan knowing. Luhan finally brought the girls to the JYJ Entertainment building, reuniting them with the CEO’s who was more than happy to see them – especially Jaejoong – and introduced them to the rest of the family. The EXO members came to his apartment regularly, and bring the sisters out to shop or eat once in a while, well Sehun did it most often. They grew close to Kris especially, because they still believe that Kris was their Appa’s boyfriend, which Luhan explained time and time again that their relationship isn’t like that. Kris always laugh it off, never deny it. It will break the kids’ hearts, he said. Well what about my heart? Luhan thought. 

             Luhan himself tried to avoid Kris as much as he can. It was a hard thing to do since Kris came to his apartment often, bringing foods and stuffs for the kids. Luhan choose to not come to the studio to work because Kris would mostly be in the studio, sometimes with Jiyong because later they all found out that Jiyong has a close relationship with Jaejoong. Sometimes he brings along TOP, who were best friends with Yoochun and pretty much fond of Chanyeol after they were being introduced to one another. Whenever Jiyong came to one of their gathering, it hurts Luhan so much. it didn’t hurt much when Seunghyun came along because then Jiyong’s attention became divided, but when it was Jiyong alone it was so hard for Luhan to see him all lovey dovey with Kris. One thing that he hated the most is that he cannot hate this Kwon Jiyong. Of course, G-Dragon made him anxious and nervous and all jittery, but Kwon Jiyong was such a lovable guy. He had a really warm personality despite his cold demeanor outside. He can be cute and bubbly around people who is close to him, yet still had an aura that made people respect him. Kris was right, he was gorgeous. Luhan can see why the older man choose Jiyong to get over Luhan. He definitely is a better choice than Luhan. Luhan hated to admit it, but Jiyong really was the perfect man for Kris. He can see how much Jiyong loves Kris and how much he cared for their leader by his actions, by how gentle he talk to Kris, by how he looked at Kris with amusement and bright eyes. Luhan have no right to be jealous when he no longer was special to Kris, not to forget that he was the one rejecting Kris’ feelings for him in the first place.

               So Luhan spent his time spoiling his kids, even when he still couldn’t give them good night kisses. He tried his best to please his daughters in any way possible; buying them stuffs, taking them to places for vacation, spending most of his times with them because they were the only ones who can get his mind of off Kris. He spent every second with them, forgetting his responsibilities to the group, to the company, even Mrs. Lee was not happy with how he act.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

“You know you have deadlines for this album, right, Luhan?”

               Luhan was sitting in front of Yoochun in the sofa in the CEO’s room, the exact same sofa he sat on when he was first introduced to his children. The rest of his bands were there too. Chanyeol and Kyungsoo sat on his left sides, looking down like he is, afraid of their sajangnim’s rage. While Sehun and Kris was sitting on another sofa, trying to look relaxed when Luhan can clearly read the fear written on their faces.

               “I know.”

               “And you know it has passed for a couple of weeks now?”

               Luhan nods.

               “Well, where’s the choreography? Where are the dance moves for EXO’s new song?”

               Luhan didn’t answer this. He didn’t have the answers for that question, because he hasn’t come up with any completed moves for their new songs. It’s not like he’s been trying. He was too busy trying to distract himself from thoughts of Kris by playing with his kids that he hadn’t even spent any of his time to do his work.

               “Sehun has been making several moves for the songs together with Kai, should I just use his part for this? Should I give this responsibility to him instead? But then again, his name will be credited in the album as the choreographer, not you. Are you sure you want that? Another group’s personnel being credited in your group’s album? ”

               “...”

               Yoochun sighed when he was answered with silence from Luhan and the others. “I know I was the one with the idea for you to adopt children, Luhan. But I never thought it would go this far. You spent too much time with them, barely doing any work. Do you even know Heaven has finished the recording for their new mini album? Which, I have to remind you, was produced by me and Jaejoong? While it was supposed to be your responsibility, Luhan? Do you even remember tomorrow’s their special stage for that new single which the choreography was finished by their leader, ALONE, instead of together with you?”

               “...”

               “You forgot your focus Luhan. You forgot why I got those children for you in the first place! They were supposed to get you back on track, not to launch you further!” Yoochun was almost shouting now. Kris took a quick glance at Luhan who was still looking down while Yoochun was throwing tantrum at him. Kris mouth was so itchy to defend Luhan, as a friend and as a leader, but Yoochun had warned him since he beginning. Despite hating the look on Luhan’s face, Kris knew that Luhan had bring this upon himself. This was a form of and irresponsibility from , and Kris had nothing to defense.

               “Would it be better if I return those kids to the orphanage?”

               “You couldn’t!” Luhan finally said something. And Kris didn’t know if he can stay quiet for any longer.

               “Oh, I can,” Yoochun answered him in an angry tone. “I can, Luhan. The rules of the orphanage said if the children cause problems to the foster parents, the parents can return them to the orphanage. I can make it seem like they made some problems to you. It’s as simple as that.”

               “Sajangnim, how could you..” Sehun was the one who spoke up at this. He saw that Luhan was almost crying, tears welling up in his eyes. Kyungsoo who was sitting closest to Luhan, moved closer to the elder, taking him into his embrace while Luhan was shaking hard trying to hold his tears.

               “How could I??” the CEO asked in disbelief. “How could he! If you boys forgot, you had a contract with me far before you even knew the girls. I know they’re sweet and they deserve all your love in the world, but don’t you think I deserve some of your respec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter