Chapter 5

My Heaven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


                Kris’s laughter rumbled through the whole condo, earning a high pitched shouting from Kris’ sister room telling him to shut up because his loud voice woke her up from her beauty sleep. Fei, Kris’ sister who was a student at a college in Sydney, is in town for Chuseok. She always stayed at Kris’ condo because their parents live far in the village, and Kris didn’t mind. He even spared a room for her sister in his condo.

                   The eldest of the band and the leader went straight to Kris’ condo after making sure the kids are fast asleep after the long day. Kyungsoo and Sehun decided to crash at Luhan’s apartement because they’re too tired to go home while Chanyeol said he needed to spend the night at the studio because some things he needs to do. He was feeling guilty because he couldn’t drop Kris off, but then Luhan offer to drive Kris home. The eldest told Chanyeol not to worry, he wasn’t that tired and told him to finish his job properly. Chanyeol laughed, cursing at him for nagging more than their leader, then took off while Luhan and Kris drove off to Kris’ condo. It has passed 3 hours, but Luhan was sitting comfortably at his leader’s couch with Kris leaning to him beside him, talking about everything and nothing, until they reached the topic about Dara and Luhan remembered what she asked him this morning.

             “Sorry Noona! Go back to sleep!!” Kris apologized to her, then got back to Luhan who was chuckling at how Fei was acting. “Dara said that??” Kris’ asked, amused.              

               Luhan’s mind went back straightly to when his daughter asked him the question. They had a very fun day at the amusement park. The girls were so happy that their Kris Appa and the other Oppas brought them here. Even though they once lived happily with their parents, they were never had enough money to go to the amusement park. It was just a place they passed every time they went to this area, so this was a new experience for them. The EXO members spoiled them by buying them cotton candies, all kind of souvenirs, foods, and it was a good thing Chanyeol and Sehun were not afraid riding any rides because when it comes to roller coaster, Luhan, Kris and Kyungsoo gave up. The whole time they waited Kris was chatting with Kyungsoo while Luhan just stay quiet thinking about what Dara had asked. He actually heard Sujeong asked this question many times to her Unnie too, and even Yoobin asking Mrs. Lee what’s a boyfriend supposed to mean. But he never thought Dara; who he knows is the most logical of them all; would ask him this question. Well of course she would’ve known Kris is gay since he already made a confession through a television show about that, but how could she ever think that Luhan was Kris’ boyfriend? At the ride home Luhan had asked Dara why she even had the thought of the only people she called Appa in EXO was in a relationship. Dara simply answered that she knows Luhan was always on the phone with Kris every single night. She also said that she felt like Kris was the only member that visited Luhan’s apartment that often, that she just realized every time Luhan said he had eaten with a friend to Mrs. Lee it was always with Kris, and above all that she said she can see the sparkle in Luhan and Kris’s eyes each time they see each other.

               “Yes!” Luhan answered. He also explained to Kris about him not expecting Dara the logical one to ask that question. “Can you believe that?? When I asked her where did she get such news like that, she said her friends at her school talked about it all the time!

               And the sparkle in our eyes.. oh boy. She would’ve found it in your eyes, but me? I think I should buy her glasses so she can see better,” Luhan joked. The petit man didn’t realize he said something wrong until he realized Kris suddenly went quiet. Luhan called Kris softly, asking him what’s wrong and why he didn’t say a word. The older refuse to look at Luhan in the eye, he looked away, opposite from Luhan, and Luhan felt weird.

               “Yifan?” He finally called Kris with his birth name, a name Luhan only mentioned when he was alone with Kris. “What’s wrong? Did I say something wrong?”

               After a long pause, Kris finally spoke “Lu,” in a low voice. Luhan was almost satisfied with just hearing him speak one word. But when Kris only stopped at calling half of his name, Luhan felt worry crept to his chest.

               “Fan?” he moved closer to Kris, trying to take a glimpse of his face. “What’s wrong?”

               He heard Kris sigh. “This is wrong.”

               “What?”

               “I’m sorry, Luhan,” Kris suddenly apologized, making Luhan raise his eyebrows, not understanding the way Kris was acting. Kris rubbed his face before turning to face Luhan with the most hurtful eyes Luhan had ever seen.

               “Yifan?” it was starting to worry him more.

               “This.. us.. I thought it was a good decision, but.. I’m afraid my heart couldn’t take it anymore.”

               “What.. are you talking about?”

               Kris closed his eyes, trying not to focus on Luhan’s beautiful face for once. He opened it again but kept his gaze on his lap. “I know we’ve talked about this, I know I.. was the one who made the decision to stay close to you even when you don’t feel the same about me—“

               Oh. So this is what it’s all about. Luhan’s heart beat fastened. He knew he didn’t like Kris that way, but he always had a heart race whenever Kris brought this topic up.

               “—but I think it’s enough.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter