Chapter 3

My Heaven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Luhan was just turning off the music, it has been a while and he’s trying so hard to complete the coreography of EXO’s new song. That was when he heard a knock to the practice room door and a familiar face peeked through.

               “Kris!”

               Kris smiled at Luhan’s acknowledgement, inviting himself in. He sat on one of the sofa on the corner of the room, raising a Starbucks cup he held which Luhan replied with a smile. His leader always knows what he needs even without him saying anything.

               “Thanks man,” Luhan sat beside Kris on the black leathered couch, bumping their shoulders after he took his coffee. “Why are you here?”

               “Am I not allowed being in my own office now?”

               Luhan groaned. “You know I didn’t mean it like that, Duizhang. Why are you so sensitive?”

               “Hey, hey,” Kris turned sideways so he was facing Luhan, reaching an arm to rub on Luhan’s shoulder gently. “I know, I was just kidding, Han. You’re the one being sensitive here.”

               “...”

               “It’s tough, huh?” Kris was answered with a simple nod. It has been almost two months of living with the kids. It was fun whenever he went out with them to drop them off at school or watch Chaerin’s soccer game, or to shop with them—whether it was a real shopping or just to give publics some fanservice they needed—but it was always hard in the end of the day. He was barely able to take any girls home because he was afraid they will hear them doing adult things in his room. He’s secretly afraid to Mrs. Lee too, she’s very strict and acted like Luhan was one of the kids, forgetting the fact that he is their father. He hadn’t even had the chance to bring them to the office to introduce them to the rest of JYJ family, even to the EXO members, because Luhan didn’t want to answer any question they will be asking him about the kids. He’s sick of lying in every conference, he didn’t feel like lying to s too. He knows the kids didn’t deserve it, but Luhan is just so tired of pretending to be a good father.

              “It will get better,” he was pulled out of his trains of thought when Kris spoke again. “You know Yoochun Hyung is doing this for your own good. He always has a reason for everything he does.”

               “I know,” Luhan answered quietly. Kris moved closer to Luhan, pulling the younger’s head to his chest, which Luhan easily complied. He leaned completely to his Hyung’s chest, not worrying about his sweat covered body, while trying to compose his breathing. He can only cry in front of Kris, and he hated it. Luhan wishes he would stop acting so weak in front of his leader.

               “It’s okay, Han. Don’t worry. I’m the only one allowed to see your tears, remember?”

               There. And now Luhan couldn’t hold it in anymore. His tears falls heavily, wetting Kris’ jumper. Luhan did said once that Kris was the only one allowed to see his tears, and until now, Kris is really the only person who ever saw Luhan’s real tears. Even when people thought Kyungsoo was his ultimate best friend – his soulmate, even – but Kris was the one he always turned to whenever he needed a shoulder to cry on. Well, there’s a reason he’s the Leader of EXO, right?

               “I actually wanna see them, Han. It couldn’t be that bad. I’m sure they are all very sweet and adorable and nice and polite.”

               “That’s the problem, Kris,” Luhan said with a hoarse voice. “They are too adorable. Too innocent to understand that they are just a part of some promotion strategy. Some image-building strategy. They don’t deserve a father like me. They deserve better.”

               “Hey~..” Kris was now Luhan’s back, letting his other hand reach out to grab Luhan’s cup and put it on the table beside them. Then Kris took one of Luhan’s hand in his, squeezing it lightly. “Don’t talk like that, Han. It’s not like you can’t do better.”

               “But I can’t! They do deserve someone who really wants to adopt them. I don’t even want a child, moreso three of them!” Luhan cried out. It’s true, he didn’t want any. Well, not in the mean time. He was still enjoying his youth, playing with any girls he wanted to, refusing to grow up  because life is so much more beautiful when you’re young. “What if I don’t have a girlfriend after this? What if no girls want to be with me because I already have kids and they don’t want to deal with it?”

               “Luhan~, if a girl really loves you then she’ll have no problem with it. If they do have a problem, then you could just leave them and I don’t know.. marry me?”

              Luhan snorted, Kris is always this ridiculus. Always flirting with him even when he knows Luhan is as straight as a stick. Yes, Luhan knew Kris had been in love with him for years, since before their trainee days, even before they knew each other. But Kris also knew that Luhan will never love him like that. Kris had confessed to Luhan, of course, and even when Luhan rejected him, Kris still asked for the younger’s friendship. So this is what they are now. This is as close as Kris can get to Luhan, and Kris feels satisfied enough.

             “Silly Duizhang,” Luhan pushed Kris’ chest a bit, feeling the taller’s chest rumbling with a low laughter. Oh, how he loves the leader’s voice. “I still have a lot of work, you know. I still have our coreography to finish, I still have to take care of Heaven’s comeback, I still.. there’s so much I still have to do, and want to do.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter