Falling Rose Petals

Falling Rose Petals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            When Donghae reached to Eunhyuk’s house he was crying heavily. He wiped his tears furiously as he stormed into the house. Donghae ran to his room and began throwing everything into his luggage. He needed to get out of the house before he saw Eunhyuk. He wouldn’t know what to say to him. “Sorry that we’re unlucky…” He shook his head and wiped his eyes as he quickly packed his clothes.

            He was a bit surprised that he didn’t receive any messages from Sparkl- Eunhyuk, but he was slightly relieved because he wouldn’t know what to say to him. He got out of the house as quickly as he could and he didn’t dare tell his sister anything because he couldn’t imagine breaking her heart.

            I mean sure she didn’t love the guy or care for him really, but he was still her husband and Donghae had to respect that. He ran off to his parents’ house and locked himself in his room just so he could continue to cry but this time peacefully because he knew he wouldn’t be interrupted.

            He was on his bed, embracing his pillows as his face was smothered into them while he cried heavily. It hurt. Everything ached because if it weren’t for Hyuna, then wouldn’t this mean him and Eunhyuk were meant to be? That by some force of nature they were drawn together. Donghae trembled and remembered Eunhyuk’s confession about soulmates, and for a second he thought about it too before he cried louder. There was just no way he could imagine their relationship working. How could it?

            Hyuna called him a million times and she begged him to go see her, but he refused to answer her. Part of him wondered if Eunhyuk would tell her what happened, but he doubted it. Eunhyuk and Hyuna hardly ever spoke. Hyuna continued to insist by flooding Donghae’s phone with messages saying that she didn’t want to go to her parents house because she was a little upset with them still over the wedding. She had avoided them at all costs. She continued to plead him to go visit her. Donghae read the messages a million times and he exhaled deeply. Maybe he’d be lucky and Eunhyuk would still be at the park waiting for Aiden; his heart ached with that thought in mind. Donghae tried his best to fix himself up and mentally prepared himself to step back into that house. He exhaled deeply and with a heavy heart he headed to their house.

            Hyuna led him inside and asked, “What happened Donghae? Why did you disappear on me like that?” She frowned and Donghae continued to stare at the floor while she asked a million questions. “Please, just say something to me. Help me understand why you took off so suddenly.”

            “Because I don’t want to do this anymore okay.” He walked past her and frowned.

            Hyuna panicked, “What exactly does that mean?”

            “Hyuna, you know what I mean.” Donghae nearly cried again as he stared into his sister’s eyes. “I can’t believe I even agreed to this in the first place. It was wrong and I am truly sorry for even coming back.” Hyuna’s eyes widened as Donghae continued to ramble.

            “Why are you so upset, Donghae? Something happened, I know it. So tell me.” She insisted. Donghae looked at her and shook his head with his eyes closed; tears fell from his eyes and he cried softly.

            “I can’t.” He shook his head. “I just cant.” He sniffled and looked away from her. “I think I forgot some stuff in the room. Just give me a moment, please.” She nodded as he walked up the stairs and headed into his temporary room but he froze when he saw the bouquet of roses Eunhyuk had with him at the park. There was a box there, and Donghae opened it- his eyes widened when he saw it had chocolate covered strawberries in them. He was trembling all over and he became startled when the door closed. He turned and his eyes widened when Eunhyuk leaned against the door with a solemn expression; his own eyes were puffy from crying. Donghae placed a hand over his mouth and forced himself to remain calm, but tears welled into his eyes. He quickly looked away from him, hoping he wouldn’t see the tears threatening to fall.

            “Donghae…” Eunhyuk approached him, placed a hand on his arm and tried to make him look at him. “I think we need to talk....” his heart was racing, he felt sick to his stomach because Donghae wouldn’t look at him. He felt worse than before.  

            Donghae sniffled and shook his head, “I don’t know what you’re talking about.” He said but he was quivering in place.

            “Come on, Prince. Don’t do this to me. Not you.” His voice broke and that hurt Donghae deeply. Donghae squeezed his eyes shut and Eunhyuk moved in front of him, placed his hands over Donghae and they looked at each other with tears in their eyes. “This wasn’t a coincidence, Donghae. This was fate,” he said through his tears. “You can’t tell me that it was all a coincidence. I fell for you as Aiden and as terrible as it sounds…even here. I know its bad but I’m drawn to you, Donghae and I can’t help it.” Tears fell from his eyes and Donghae looked down at the floor. “Say something, please.”

            “What can I possibly say?” he whispered, his eyes revealing how badly he was hurt. “How do I know if you were honest about anything we talked about? Hyukjae isn’t even your name- and before you say anything, Aiden is a nickname that Hyuna gave me when I was a kid. It has a special meaning to me.” Donghae wiped his tears away furiously. “So now tell me why did you say your name was Hyukjae?”

            “Because that’s my real name…”

            Donghae nodded and smiled sadly, “Of course it is.” He chucked pitifully. “We can’t be together, Eunhyuk.” His voice broke. “You know that right?” he breathed heavily. “You’re married to my sister!” He cried out, he was breaking from how many emotions were taking over him.

            Eunhyuk shook his head, “Just answer me this question Donghae…don’t you think it was all fate? Like we were destined to be together all along? What else can this mean? Sure it’s a little…complicated but we both know that that’s how life is, right? You said it yourself that life is beautiful because it’s full of surprises.” They looked at each other and Eunhyuk sweetly caressed the latter’s cheek, “You are the most beautiful surprise Donghae, and I can’t let you go. I just can’t.” he wipes his tears away and Donghae breathed deeply. “Donghae, please say something.”

            “Eunhyuk…I…” Donghae couldn’t help it, he craved to feel Eunhyuk which only made him feel worse. He was melting with Eunhyuk’s confession. His body was quivering the closer he was to him. He had dreamt about his warmth for so long and without thinking about it Donghae leaned in closer to him. He just didn’t want to think anymore, at least for a moment he allowed himself to give in. Eunhyuk closed his eyes, leaned in as pulled Donghae closer before they kissed each other desperately. Eunhyuk kissed him back eagerly, his hands pushed him closer against him and they kiss each other passionately. They succumbed into the warmth of each other. Moans escaped their mouths as they passionately kissed. Donghae’s fingers threaded around Eunhyuk’s hair as he pulled him dangerously closer to him, and they grew weaker with every deep kiss. They were so lost in each other’s lips that they didn’t hear the door swing open.

            “Oh my god!” Hyuna shrieked. They both pulled away to look at her but she ran off in a hurry.

            “Hyuna, wait!” Donghae cried out and ran after her. He chased her until they reached outside of the house, and she had stopped running to catch her breath. She laughed and embraced her brother tightly without realizing how hard he was crying.

            “That was brilliant Donghae.” She pulled away and became worried when she noticed how hard Donghae was crying. His eyes were red, and puffy from the emotions; he just wanted to go to bed and sleep because he couldn’t deal with this anymore. “Donghae…” Hyuna wiped his tears away and pouted. “What’s…wrong?”

            “Hyuna, I’m so sorry.” He was shaking and Hyuna studied his face with a puzzled look.  

            “Why, silly?!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter