Sparkling Prince

Falling Rose Petals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was curiosity that started it all.

Before a soul can enter a body, they linger in a dark dimension where the only light provided for them is the souls themselves. Millions of souls roamed around aimlessly, waiting patiently for a new life to be blossoming on Earth; and then they would be out of the dark dimension and into the life form on Earth.

There was a soul in charge that remained in the dark dimension to guide the souls to their destinies. He was the most intelligent soul in the dimension, and he was seen as a King.

Eunhyuk’s soul was the most curious thing, and he could not wait any longer. He couldn’t wait until he was out of the darkness and into the world of life. His transparent soul roamed desperately in search for the soul in charge and when he finally found him he couldn’t contain his excitement. “King!” He waved and stopped before him.

            The head soul turned and stared at him with a small frown, “Eunhyuk…” He sighed, “I already told you, you must be patient for your life on Earth.”

            Eunhyuk shook his head quickly, “No, King. I’m here to inquire about something else.”

            “Oh?”

            “You believe in soul mates, right?” His gummy smile seemed to stretch when he saw the King raise a brow at him. “D-Do you have any idea who my soul mate is, your highness?”

            The head soul exhaled deeply and looked away from Eunhyuk’s curious eyes, “You know I can’t disclose that information, Eunhyuk…”

            “Can’t you at least give me a hint?” he pouted. “I’ve heard horror stories of humans never finding their soul mate and I-”

            “Horror stories?” He scoffed and nodded, “They’re true stories. Unfortunately, it only takes one mistake, and a link between two soul mates can be broken but you shouldn’t worry too much about it Eunhyuk because the more you worry about it, the more likely you’ll…” his eyes widened when he saw Eunhyuk’s soul beginning to pulsate in place. “Your life is calling you.”

            Eunhyuk’s eyes widened, “Please, Park Jungsoo, you have to help me! I don’t want to lose my soul mate! I want my life to be filled with joy and happiness- please! Please, you have to help me!” he began to fade away, but he was reluctant to stay for a bit longer.

            Park Jungsoo tilted his head a bit and studied Eunhyuk before he spoke, “Rose petals.”

            “What?!”

            “When the last petal falls from the rose garden…the link between you and your soulmate will be broken. And you will lose your soul mate...” Leeteuk’s voice faded and Eunhyuk’s soul was out of the darkness and into the light of the Earth world.

*~*~*~*~

            Lee Eunhyuk was a star student in Seoul University and he managed to graduate with a perfect GPA that allowed him to work in a prestigious company for technology. He would work long days and hardly had any time for himself, so naturally his family decided to do what they do best and meddle into his life. His best friend Sungmin warned him a million times, “You know if you don’t get laid soon, your is going to fall off.” He was his best friend and also his coworker.

            Eunhyuk rolled his eyes and scoffed, “Is that what you tell yourself when you find yourself a new girl every week?” he half glared at him and Sungmin flashed an innocent look. “So my parents want me to visit them this weekend. Sounded urgent.”

            “Yikes! I’ll pray for you-”

            “I’m honored considering you never pray.” He pushed his best friend lightly and they laughed. “But I am a little worried. I know my parents voice and I know when they are planning something.”

            “Is it like that one year that they threw you the coolest birthday party?” Sungmin laughed so hard he nearly choked.

            Eunhyuk glared at him and shoved him to the side. They were walking out of their company’s building after work. “I was 16, Sungmin. At that age no one wants a Shrek-themed birthday party.” He shuddered at the memory of all of his friends wearing Shrek masks.

            “I would never want a Shrek themed party.” Sungmin grimaced. “But hey! Don’t worry too much about what they have planned for you, I’m sure it’s nothing bad.” He chuckled. “So how’s it going with your prince?” he teased and Eunhyuk quickly blushed at the mention of his prince. Sungmin chuckled. “With that face, I’m guessing everything is going well.”

            “We’ve been talking for five months now, Sungmin. I think I’ve become addicted to him.”

            Sungmin rolled his eyes but smiled sweetly. “So when will you finally meet him?”

            “I’ve considered going to London-”

            “You better take me hoe.” Sungmin squealed and started babbling about meeting French boys and girls but Eunhyuk tuned him out. He smiled brightly and continued to think about the day he would finally meet his prince.

            That Saturday evening, Eunhyuk walked towards his parents’ hous, and he knew he would regret it as soon as they dragged him into the living room with the biggest smiles on their faces, “What’s going on…?” he frowned and looked at them suspiciously. He had sudden flashbacks to the day they told him he would have a birthday party with the horrifying theme.

            They sat across from him with the biggest smiles, “Look son, we know you’ve been busy with your career-” his mother began in the sweetest voice she could muster. She was beautiful; she had big brown eyes and long brown hair that fell to her waist. “And we’re soo so sooo proud of you for how far you’ve come!”

            “So we wanted to make your love life easier…” His father nearly giggled with Eunhyuk’s mother.

            “Wait what?” Eunhyuk almost stood up from shock but then he became frozen with uncertainty. His parents had to have been joking- there was no way that they could seriously be thinking about arranging his marriage. Do people even do that anymore?

            “Don’t worry! We’ve been friends with this family since before you were born but they were really busy travelling and well you were never formally introduced to them. Before you were born, we liked to tease each other about arranging your marriage and well here we are-“ his mother rambled and then cleared , “But anyway, son I would like you to meet Lee Siwon and Lee Tiffany,” His mother stood on her feet and squealed when her childhood best friend Tiffany walked into the living room with open arms.

            “Taeyeon!” Tiffany giggled as they embraced, “It’s so good to see you.” Meanwhile, Siwon and  Jungsoo shook hands. Tiffany turned and stared at Eunhyuk with a huge smile on her face, “Is this your son?” she grinned, pulled Eunhyuk up and embraced him as tightly as possible. “Oh my god it’s so nice to finally meet you!” She grinned.

            Eunhyuk smiled awkwardly and brushed his fingers through his hair as he mumbled, “I don’t understand.”

            “Son, I’m Lee Siwon, and it’s a pleasure to finally meet you.” Siwon smiled and Eunhyuk reluctantly shook their hands before they sat beside him on the couch. They were being awfully nice to him and he felt sick to his stomach. “So we heard that you graduated from Seoul University, and you’re now working in a technology company- how’s that going for you?” Siwon smiled sweetly, flashing his dimple.

            Eunhyuk rubbed his elbow and smiled politely at them, “Busy…” he cleared his throat. “But just because I’m busy doesn’t mean that I need you,” He looked at his parents before he stood up, “to arrange anything for me.”

            “Son, you’re far too busy to find a girl on your own…we’re just trying to help…” His father said with a sweet smile.

            Eunhyuk blushed deeply at the mention of ‘girl’ and he looked away, “Unbelievable.” He mumbled. “I’m kind of…talking to someone though-”

            “Is it something serious?” His father asked.

            He gulped, “It could turn into something serious.” He blushed.

            “We can assure you that you will love our daughter Hyuna. She’s beautiful, and we’ve had countless men beg us for her hand in marria

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter