Mischievous Hae

Falling Rose Petals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyuna and Eunhyuk both turned and stared at the house in silence. Eunhyuk cleared his throat and glanced at Hyuna, “Let’s go see…” he walked towards the place and Hyuna trailed behind. He unlocked the front door and his eyes widened when he saw how beautiful the inside was- it looked like something from a fairytale. They walked around the house, admiring their new place in shock. Eunhyuk froze when he saw something from the corner of his eye, and then he slowly walked to his backyard. His eyes widened when he saw through the glass door a garden of roses, but he frowned as he noticed they were rose buds. The roses were enclosed and the bright red petals peaked through slightly. “Were these just planted?” he looked around and was amazed that all of the roses were closed up.

            He shrugged and headed back inside.

            Hyuna had a hand on her hip, she glared at Eunhyuk, “What happened, Eunhyuk? I thought you were going to call off this wedding…why would you go through with it? WHY DID YOU LIE TO ME!? Why did you make me believe that you truly weren’t going to marry me…” Her glare faded and nothing but pain was apparent in her visage. She nearly cried.

            Eunhyuk shook his head, “I didn’t lie, Hyuna.” He spoke softly.

            She sniffled, “Then why-”

            “Guilt trip.” He looked away from her and exhaled deeply. “I didn’t lie to you, Hyuna. I really didn’t want to do this, but…my parents were persistent.” He sat down on the couch and stared at the ground. “I truly am sorry that this happened to us, but there was no way I could refuse.”

            Hyuna exhaled deeply, “Then we show them just how terrible we are together. We’ll show them that we can hardly stand each other.” She nods with hopeful eyes but then she frowned when Eunhyuk didn’t share her enthusiasm. “Don’t tell me you expect us to stay together til death do us part…right?”

            “Hyuna, can we just not fight, please? We just got married. I don’t want to taint our wedding night…”

            Hyuna rolled her eyes and stormed away, “You can sleep in the couch tonight and every other night!” She slammed the door shut. Eunhyuk sighed heavily, and became lost in his thoughts. He couldn’t believe that he had actually gone through with the wedding. He cursed himself a million times. Tears welled into his eyes and he furiously wiped them away before they could fall.

            This wasn’t the love story he had imagined for himself.

            He cried quietly and once he finally allowed himself to think about himself (instead of his family) the tears continued to poor out of his eyes and they wouldn’t stop. He felt sick to his stomach when he realized he had probably broken his link with his soulmate and when that realization hit him, he cried heavily. He covered his face with his hands and cried deeply.

            Hyuna locked herself in the main room and she cried as she desperately dialed her brother’s number. She began to whimper and when she finally heard his voice, she nearly screamed “Donghae it happened!!!” she wailed as she fell to the floor. “Donghae the wedding a-actually happened!” She sniffled, her face grew hot from the heavy tears that fell from her eyes. “Donghae…w-what do I do?” she trembled.

            Donghae became frozen in place as he listened to his sister crying. She had sounded so sure that the wedding was off, so he was completely confused. “Wait…what? What do you mean? I thought the wedding got called off?! Hyuna baby please try to relax!” He also started to panic from being so far away from home, “We’re going to fix this, together.”

            “How?!” Hyuna sobbed.

            Donghae thought for a few seconds. “Divorce exists Hyuna….” His voice trailed off and then an idea went off in his head that made him smile mischievously. “I’m going to be returning soon, and when I do we’re going to make that poor boys life miserable…to the point where he will beg for a divorce.”

            Hyuna’s eyes brightened, “Do you think it’ll work?”

            “Have I ever let you down?”

            Hyuna’s smile grew and she wiped away her tears, “No. Never.” She sniffled.

            “Now wipe those tears away, sis, because I’ll be there soon and we’ll make his life miserable.” He nodded with a small smile. Hyuna smiled brightly and suddenly felt the weight lift from her shoulders. “So here’s the plan…”

 

            Eunhyuk slept in one of the guest bedrooms for the first couple of nights, and then he decided to move his stuff in officially after the third night. At first, he considered making the marriage work, but Hyuna would avoid him at all costs so he gave up that thought. He smiled brightly as he lied sprawled on his bed with only a towel over him as he talked on the phone. He hadn’t mentioned his engagement to his prince because he thought it was something that needed to be said in person, but he always felt a lump on his throat from hiding the truth from him.

            Donghae giggled, “Hey I believe it’s your turn to serenade me!”

            Hyukjae hummed lightly, thinking of a song to sing to him. He picked a ballad that he enjoyed listening to on nights that he had trouble falling asleep and as he sang, Donghae’s eyes grew wider. His heart beat accelerated as he listened to Hyukjae sing. And when he was finished, he gasped, “You’re….amazing…” he complimented in a breathless tone.

            Hyukjae scoffed, “Says the one with the angelic voice.”

            Donghae beamed, “True!”  he giggled, “So…” his sweet voice trailed off. “What are you wearing?” he was extra giggly and blunt that day because his coworker gave him a few shots of alcohol. Work was slow anyway, but he ran his mouth without thinking. He didn’t even have the decency to feel shame. He was so out of it.

            Eunhyuk blushed deeply and laughed lightly, “Honesly…nothing but a towel.”

            “Oh cuz you just got out of the shower…” Donghae hummed and his lips. Eunhyuk palmed his red cheek and tried to calm his racing heart. “Sounds nice. I wish I was there with you…hugging you.”

            Eunhyuk’s jaw dropped and he laughed. “You want to hug my body?” his voice turned husky and Donghae could have sworn he was ; he giggled. Eunhyuk chuckled and shook his head lightly, “Donghae, you shouldn’t drink while you work.”

            “My boss is out today.” He giggled. “Hyukkie….I wanna see you.” He pouted.

            Eunhyuk’s eyes widened. “You want me to send you a picture?”

            “Mhm!” He blushed deeper.

            Eunhyuk snapped a picture of his chest and abs, the towel covering his lower half and then he sent it to his prince. “Did you get it?” He laughed when he heard his prince making strange noises on the other line. “Are you breathing?” he laughed. Donghae giggled. “Your turn! I want to see your cute face.”

            Donghae smiled wickedly and took a picture of his desk.

            Eunhyuk laughed. “Wow you look so handsome. You should lie down on that desk.” Donghae laughed louder which made Eunhyuk’s smile grow.

Donghae hummed. “Aish, well I should let you sleep now because I have to get back to work. I’ll get a cup of coffee and force myself to focus. They’re starting to notice me go missing every day now…” he chuckled and Hyukjae smiled at that.

            “I’ll talk to you soon, Prince.” Hyukjae beamed, “I hope you have a wonderful day. Message me when you get home?”

            “Always.” Donghae beamed, “Sweet dreams, Sparkles.”

            Eunhyuk always went to sleep with the biggest smile on his face after speaking with his prince. He would also dream of him constantly. He never saw a face, but he always heard his voice, and it was wonderful. They were the best dreams, and sometimes he looked forward to going to sleep just to hear them some more.

   

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter