Mischievous Hae

Falling Rose Petals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At the grocery store, Eunhyuk pushed the cart around and put everything he needed inside. Donghae slowly would take things out just to mess with him, but he frowned when he noticed how distracted Eunhyuk was. Eunhyuk constantly checked his phone for a new message from his prince.

            Nothing.

            He frowned disappointed by the lack of messages, but he told himself that he was probably busy. He made up excuses for his prince. Donghae walked down an aisle and smiled when he finally opened the message from Hyukjae.

            From: SparklingJewel

            Hey prince! Last night I just realized how much I really don’t like horror movies. Like at all! I had nightmares last night about it, I guess blood freaks me out more than I thought it did! The plots are interesting though so there’s that…. Sorry I couldn’t call ): Hope you can forgive me if I send you chocolate covered strawberries? But anyway how was your night? We could talk about it later tonight if you’d like?

 

            Donghae smiled as he read the message and he tried to reply but he kept getting distracted by Eunhyuk. Eunhyuk looked at his cart and frowned in confusion when he noticed a few things missing; Donghae couldn’t help but laugh. Eunhyuk looked up at him and noticed that damn mischievous smile of his, but he smiled too. He shook his head in disbelief, “Very funny.” Hyuna was busy skipping down the aisles, grabbing the things she wanted and then putting them in Eunhyuk’s cart.

            “So what are our plans for today?” Eunhyuk asked.

            “It’s a surprise especially for you Eunhyuk.” Donghae shrugged, “I’m sure you will love it, but it’s gonna take up the whole day so I suggest we get going!”

            “Well if you would not take my food out then we could get out of here a lot quicker.” He teased and Donghae frowned at that because it strangely sounded enticing. Donghae looked away and shrugged; he decided not to take any more food out so that they could get to the real plans.

            Later that day, Donghae drove them for over an hour. Eunhyuk was really curious about where they were going, but he decided not to pry about it. He was excited about his surprise for some strange reason, but then he noticed where they were headed and his heart nearly gave out on him; he started to panic. Donghae parked in front of the biggest amusement park ever, and it was famous for the size of its rollercoasters.

            Eunhyuk was so scared, he couldn’t speak.

            Donghae and Hyuna were freaking out in excitement, “Oh my god this is gonna be great! We have to get on The Wrathe- it’s has the steepest drop and the most loops…” Hyuna and Donghae rambled on about the rides they wanted to get on first while Eunhyuk completely blocked them out. He was shaking out of his wits.

            He didn’t have a chance to say anything about it because they dragged him out of the parking lot and into the amusement park. When they stood in front of the enormous rollercoaster, Eunhyuk nearly pissed his pants. He quickly backed away, “No I can’t!”

            “Oh come on, Eunhyuk don’t be like that!” Hyuna frowned. She placed one hand on her hip and the other played with her hair.

            Donghae smiled innocently, “If you want we can hold your hands…it wont be that bad, you’ll see!” There was something about his big brown eyes, his devious smile and just his body language in general that convinced Eunhyuk to commit the one thing he swore he never would; ride a rollercoaster. They got on, and he screamed bloody murder throughout the whole thing. He sat in between Donghae and Hyuna, and he could hardly breathe through the speed, and the loops but Donghae and Hyuna were cheering. Eunhyuk felt sick.

            After the ride, he threw up in the bathroom stall. He remained in there for a few minutes hoping he’d feel better, but he didn’t. He just wanted to go home. He walked to the sink, washed his hands and then splashed his face with cold water. With trembling hands he called one of his best friends, “Hey Jay…”

            “Hey! What’s up man?” His best friend frowned when he noticed how sharp Eunhyuk was breathing, “Hey…are you okay? What’s wrong?”

            “I think I’m having an anxiety attack.” He said in between low gasps, and he sniffled.
            “Okay Eunhyuk I’m gonna need you to take deep breathes. Focus! Inhale deeply and exhale slowly- it’ll force you to relax.”

            Eunhyuk nodded, and through quivering breathes he did as he was told. He inhaled deeply, held it in for a few seconds and then exhaled slowly. He continued to do the same a couple of times until he felt better.

            “Do you want to tell me what’s going on?”

            “My wife…and her brother…brought me to an amusement park…” he exhaled deeply.

            “…did they know that you….”

            “I’m sure they didn’t, Jay. I mean it was a sweet, thoughtful idea and I didn’t want to ruin it with my irrational fears….” He looked off to the side and frowned, “I mean I mentioned that I’m a boring guy that prefers safety but they probably-”

            “Eunhyuk…you mentioned that you and your wife don’t talk to each other, right? And that she didn’t want to marry you… And she was also pissed when you showed up to the wedding….right?”

            “Well yes, but-”

            “But nothing! It’s clear that they’re trying to ruin your life, Eunhyuk! You can’t let them have the advantage. You have to fight back! You need to give your wife a taste of her own medicine. Ugh, this is exactly why I couldn’t go to that damn wedding! I would have been too pissed to sit through it. Eunhyuk, fight back!”

            “You know I’m not that type of person-” He stopped when he saw Donghae walking into the bathroom, he looked at him with a slight smile and Eunhyuk forced a smile back. He looked off to the side and said. “Sorry Jay…I have to go now…”

            “Just think about it! Don’t let her have all the fun!”

            Eunhyuk smiled. “I’ll talk to you later.”

            “Later.” They hung up and Eunhyuk looked at Donghae for a split second.

            “You didn’t look so good…we were a little worried about you.” He got close to him, and placed his cold hand on his forehead. “Let me guess, you’re afraid of heights?”

            “Just not feeling too great today…” Eunhyuk shrugged.

            Donghae nodded, “Do you feel better now? The place is getting more and more crowded and I would love it if we got on at least half of these rides.” He smiled teasingly and Eunhyuk stared at him with a small frown. Donghae pouted, “You don’t like the idea?”

            Eunhyuk gulped and forced a nod. “Let’s just get going.” They walked out of the bathroom and towards another ride. Eunhyuk blocked out most of the night, but he lost his voice from the screaming; he was certain that his vocal chords exploded.

            When they reached the car, he passed out in the backseat from exhaustion. Donghae drove and he looked back at him for a moment and then at his sister, “He didn’t seem to hate it as much as we thought he would.” Hyuna said.

            Donghae thought for a moment before he said, “He….He’s too nice to complain about it. You must have noticed how terrified he was…he was trembling really badly.” He shook his head. “Getting him mad might be a little more difficult…” he whispered.

            Hyuna crossed her arms and pouted. “What are we gonna do now?!”

            Donghae’s eyes brightened. “I have an idea…” He smirked and continued to drive until they reached their destination. Hyuna grinned when she noticed where they were going.

            “We don’t have any of the equipment we need for this….”

            Donghae’s smile grew, “Exactly why this idea is perfect.” He parked his car, got out of it and then opened Eunhyuk’s door. He slapped his leg, hard to wake him up and it worked. Eunhyuk woke up startled.

            “Rise and shine, sweetheart.” Donghae grinned mischeviously, “We decided it’d be fun to do some last minute camping.”

            Eunhyuk’s eyes widened, “Wha-What?” He didn’t think it before, but he was certain of it now: Donghae was insane. He was completely out of his mind. “Camp? Without tents or blankets or clothes….or food…” Donghae and Hyuna had started walking down the trail and Eunhyuk followed behind them as he continued, “There’s no way we can do this! We’ll be infested by bugs-”

            Hyuna’s eyes widened at that but she decided to go along with it, “Aw come on, honey it’ll be fun! This is how Donghae and I are! Spontaneous!” She beamed and Eunhyuk just stared at them like they were crazy.

            “Don’t tell me you’re scared of bugs, Eunhyuk.” Donghae teased. “Don’t worry we’ll survive this, I promise.” He chuckled and skipped off. It was dark so they had trouble seeing the trail and Eunhyuk was so cold and exhausted that he managed to wander off. He was bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter