Chapter 5

The Ups and Downs of Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5;

 

KIM HYE IN

I got woken up my ringtone today. I checked the caller ID and answered it. "GET UPPPPPPPP." Joy practically yelled on the other line. I moved my phone away from my ear to check the date. The 14th of February. 

I sighed, "Is this why you decided to wake me up at 6 in the morning?" 

"Oh come on, you have to be all dolled up for boys to give you chocolates and love letters and all that jazz." 

I groaned, "Why do I even try?" 

"Would you at least show up in a skirt?" She asked, I could almost see her giving me her puppy eyes.

"Probably." I teased. 

"Kim Hye In, I better see you in a skirt later or you're getting it." And again, I could picture putting her hands on her hips. 

"Suurree. I'm hanging up. See ya." I said. 

I didn't really feel like going to school. Reason? I didn't want to break any hearts. That's not the only reason though.

FLASHBACK 

"Hye In-sshi?" Someone called out as I was walking to the track. I turned my head slightly only to find Sehun's number 1 crush, Soo Jin. 

"Can I help you?" I asked politely. "Uhm, I have a favour to ask." She said in an embarass manner. " I really like Sehun, and since you're his best friend, can you put in a good word for me?" She asked shyly. 

Soo Jin's a nice and sweet girl, she's so nice to the point no one can be mean to her. The school's princess, is what they call her. 

"I'll do what I can." 

I went down to the kitchen still cladded in my pyjamas only to find the kitchen empty. Guess mum went out. I ate cereal because I did not want to risk burning down the kitchen. I sighed as I remembered I hadn't put in a good word from Soo Jin to Sehun. 

I put my now empty bowl in the sink and went up to clean myself.I took my time getting ready for school.

I wore a denim jacket over a plain white shirt with a black skirt and some thick leggings because it was freezing outside, I put on some light makeup and grabbed my school bag and put on my coat before heading out the door.

Sehun was looking at me from head to toe, "Someone put in a little effort today." He said. I hummed in response and went ahead of him. 

"You're one to talk, though." I said.

He was wearing black jeans with a black shirt and a checked flannel, and a beanie.

"I just want to hide from everyone today." I told Sehun when he matched my pace. We got onto the bus and I remembered the request from Soo Jin. 

"Hey, what do you think about Soo Jin?" I asked. 

"Jung Soo Jin? She's a nice person." 

"Yea. She's nice and pretty, has a great personality and everything. Plus, she likes you." 

"Mhm, but she seems too goody, and I don't really like that. Too much to handle." Sehun shrugged. 

Ah, Soo Jin's gonna be crushed if she hears this. 

"Why not give it a try? You have to go out of your comfort zon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter