Junbros' past

One Step At A Time

“Taecyeonnie? Are you okay?” Minjun looked at him blankly poking at his bibimbap.

 

Taecyeon did not respond.

 

“Look, if you’re still thinking about Junho, he’s just my childhood friend till high school. He’s like a brother to me, though we rarely contacted each other after I moved to LA.”

 

“You never told me about him…” Taecyeon mumbled, not looking at Minjun.

 

“I didn’t think we would meet again,” Minjun admitted apologetically.

 

“No, seriously, Minjunnie, you let him hug you too much,” Taecyeon said possessively, finally looking up from his rice.

 

“I let you kiss me,” Minjun smirked.

 

Taecyeon stopped short, not knowing what to say, his mouth agape. Minjun took the chance and stuffed his boyfriend’s mouth with his own dinner. “An indirect kiss from me,” Minjun smiled.

 

“You can really surprise me sometimes, Minjun,” Taecyeon said, munching on the rice.

 

“You… mind him hugging me?” Minjun asked quietly, resuming his meal. “I’m yours, you know.”

 

“I know. It’s just… I can’t control what comes into my mind.”

 

***

 

“He ate about two servings of ddeokbokki, bungeoppang and kimbap and now he’s on the second round of fried rice,” Wooyoung told Junho over the dinner table.

 

Chansung and Wooyoung had ordered fried rice take-outs for dinner and that was how the three of them ended up back in their dorm, eating. Chansung had declared for another plate of rice leading to Wooyoung telling Junho about their snack time before.

 

“It’s okay, Channie’s still growing. He needs it,” Junho chuckled. “Hey, you still remember this hyung I once told you about – Minjun-hyung? The one who got me interested in music composition.”

 

“Yes. Why?” Wooyoung asked, on his spoon.

 

“I met him in the clubroom just now,” Junho told him, his smile a mile wide, not forgetting his signature eye smile so adorable on his face.

 

“Eh, didn’t you say he’s in LA?” Chansung pointed out.

 

“He moved back here, I guess? I didn’t get to ask him or say much; he kept making me go back to my work,” Junho said. He had conveniently left out the details of Minjun’s boyfriend and– was he hiding something?

 

All of a sudden, Junho’s smile turned empty, but he tried to hide what he was thinking at that moment. He excused himself and took his empty dish to the sink before going to his room.

 

“What happened to him suddenly?” Chansung asked his hyung.

 

“You noticed too? He’s hiding something,” Wooyoung said.

 

“Is he okay?” Chansung wondered out loud as he took his plate to the sink.

 

“Look, Chan, he’s yours right. Do something,” Wooyoung told him with a smile and a gentle push on the maknae’s back. “I’m sure he’ll talk to you.”

 

Chansung nodded and left the kitchen. He went to Junho’s door, gave it a little knock and waited for Junho’s response. None. Chansung then opened the door and asked if he could enter, which Junho answered with a soft “mmh.”

 

Junho was sitting on the floor in a daze, leaning against the side of his bed, hugging his knees. Chansung went over and sat beside him.

 

“You didn’t tell us the whole story, right?” he asked, then understandingly adding, “If it bothers you, tell me. I’ll listen.”

 

“I… used to like him. A lot. Back then, we were always together, walking to school, eating, almost everything. He cared for me all the time and… I guess that was how I fell for him.” Junho eventually spoke as he recalled his childhood.

 

Meanwhile, Taecyeon and Minjun were taking a walk around the vast college grounds, hand in hand. Minjun was speaking – more like confessing – about his childhood life, his childhood friend, while Taecyeon remained silent, listening.

 

Minjun drew in a deep breath, feeling uneasy about what he was about to tell Taecyeon, “He… once told me he likes me, back when we were in high school.” Upon hearing that, Taecyeon tightened his fingers around Minjun’s hand as his boyfriend continued, “I’ve always looked at him as my younger brother, so I was quite surprised back then.”

 

“He’s got a boyfriend now,” Junho said. “But I’m scared what I did to him last time might affect their relationship – that I had confessed to him. I mean, now that we’ve met again, he might think about the past.”

 

“So what do you consider your past feelings for him as?” Chansung inquired, scooting over to face Junho.

 

“I’m sure it was unrequited, or it never really was love,” Junho answered. “I just thought I like to be by his side, and he treated me really fondly, protected me like I’m his. I guess I’d actually misinterpreted my feelings…” Junho then took both of Chansung’s hands into his, adding sincerely, “I like you, Channie. It’s real this time.”

 

“He confessed to me after knowing that I’d been offered to transfer to LA. I had made my decision to accept the offer already so I couldn’t bear having him wait for me here when I’m in LA. I told him that I like him as my brother, and that I can’t start a relationship with him because me being away from him will only hurt him.

 

“Taecyeonnie, I love you–” Minjun was abruptly interrupted as Taecyeon pressed his lips against his upon hearing those three genuine words.

 

Taecyeon broke the kiss briefly and whispered, “I love you, too,” before leaning in to close the tiny gap between their lips. Minjun welcomed the kiss as he wrapped his arms around Taecyeon’s waist, closing his eyes.

 

Chansung leaned in and gave Junho a peck on his forehead as he tried to suppress his fluttering heart. He pinned Junho tightly against his bed, space-wise, and touched his forehead on Junho’s. Chansung’s soft lips then brushed against Junho’s pale pink ones and he tilted his head, connecting their lips into a passionate kiss. Junho was blushing intensely, but he relished the entire moment; he felt heat surging from his chest throughout his whole being, to the point that he was melting inwardly. Chansung’s lips somehow tasted like watermelon.

 

 

[A/N] I really should work on describing their kisses lol >< See what I did there, that last sentence :3 Since the situation didn’t call for him, I couldn’t write Khun =_= You readers must be mad at me for the lack of our Khunnie T^T sorry--- (p_q) (I’m sure we all love our Khunnie ><) Please bear with me, he’ll come soon. As a compensation, I’ve updated "Please let me help you" as well~ ^^