Hyung had gone missing?

One Step At A Time

[A/N] First of all, happy new year's to all my readers out there~! Have a blessed year 2016 ^^ I would like to mention: the blue Italicized sentences are the scenes from the previous chapter. Enjoy! <3

 

 

As if in slow motion, Wooyoung opened his eyes sleepily, revealing dark chocolate brown eyes that seemed to glisten under the newly received light.

 

At the same time, in dorm number 0812, an alarm sounded in Junho’s room, causing the boy to sit up as he killed the tune. His eyelids were heavy from the sleep and he sported a head of adorable bed hair. Running a hand over his messy dark chestnut hair, he got out of bed, grabbed his towel and a casual outfit and walked over to his door. He reached for the doorknob but halted as he listened to the strange silence outside his room. How odd. Opening his door, he stepped out into the living room.

 

On such free mornings, Junho and Chansung would wake up to either Wooyoung shelving scattered books, DVD covers, PC games covers, putting away unfinished snacks and gaming controllers or simply the sounds of a television show and newspapers flipping. Even though he could be sleeping in, Wooyoung always preferred to wake up latest by nine in the morning – but it was already ten then. He would wait for his two friends to wake up and they would go out for breakfast or brunch.

 

Contrasting his typical late morning, Junho heard utter nothingness, if you exclude Chansung’s faint snoring. Convinced that his twin might just need some more sleep, he went to take his shower before waking the maknae up. He knew Chansung would not mind so he opened the door without knocking. Chilly air and a minty fragrance wafted over Junho as he swung the door wide open. He took it all in, smiling; Junho just loved the maknae’s refreshing scent.

 

Switching on the light, he announced, “Channie, get up now. We’re going out to eat soon.” He thought of implying food to the wakeup call because it would do wonders in waking Chansung up.

 

Magically, Chansung turned over in his bed and then sat up without a word. He yawned while stretching his stiff limbs before looking over at Junho with his half-opened eyes. “Hm? Mornin’, Juneo.”

 

“Morni–” Junho tried to reply but was infected by the maknae’s yawn instead.

 

Upon the sight of Junho yawning – plus his dripping wet hair and ed shirt, Chansung chuckled and commented, “What a treat to see you like that right after waking up,” which Junho countered with a “shut up, you big bear.”

 

Leaning against the doorframe, he told the maknae, “Wooyoungie is not up yet, though. Go take a shower first. I’ll see if he wants to come along.”

 

“That’s rare,” was Chansung’s reply as he got out of bed and stepped over to his closet.

 

‘Oh Lord, Junho will kill me if he found my room empty,’ the realization came crashing into his mind and he quickly stood up again.

 

Perhaps this would be termed as twins’ telepathy, though not a pleasant one, because at that particular moment, Junho left Chansung’s room and headed towards Wooyoung’s. He opened the door without knocking, afraid that he might wake the older one up. Through the open crack, he felt the warmness of the room, unlike the cool breeze of air from when he entered Chansung’s room. Wooyoungie didn’t turn on the air cooler? Junho opened the door all the way and his eyes fell on the properly made empty bed. Eh? Did he go out early without telling us? His mind pondered. Or could it be…

 

Junho wandered around the dorm, lost in his thoughts when Chansung appeared in the living room, already washed up and wide awake. He raised his eyebrows at Junho’s blank face, “So, is Wooyoung-hyung up yet?”

 

“He’s not in his room,” Junho answered shortly. Just then, a click sounded from their dorm entrance and the door swung open, revealing a panting Wooyoung.  

 

“Ju-Juneo, Chansung…” Wooyoung stammered, not knowing what to say. Truthfully, he was afraid that Junho might resent him for breaking their promise; he was quite sure that Junho would think that he was studying late again like before, when he had, in reality, unintentionally fallen asleep without knowing.

 

“Hyung, where have you been?” Chansung quickly asked, sensing displeasure in Junho. He was definitely not going to put up with the older two quarreling so he decided to start saying something before Junho erupted.

 

“Would you believe me if I said I accidentally fell asleep when I really wanted to be back by ten last night?” Wooyoung replied timidly.

 

“Prove it,” Junho demanded.

 

“I– I’m sorry, Juneo. I’m telling the truth.”

 

“Look, hyung,” – Wooyoung winced; Junho would only call him hyung when he is immensely upset – “how many times have I been telling you that work isn’t everything. You don’t know how relieved and happy I was when you promised me you’ll take it easy… but did you?”

 

“Hyung, Juneo only wants you to live your life to the fullest. You know, enjoy college and such,” Chansung tried to ease the atmosphere, as futile as it may seem.

 

“But you guys are misunderstanding this whole thing!” Wooyoung tried to say again. “Juneo, I swear I didn’t mean to break our promise. I really didn’t realize I had slept through the night in the library.”

 

Junho sighed, “I guess old habits die hard, huh?” He tipped one side of his lips upwards into a half smile, having had brightened up a little because deep down, he could somehow sense Wooyoung’s truthfulness; that tone of his had proven more than enough.

 

Understanding the signal, Wooyoung immediately rushed over and hugged his twin tightly, relief washing over him. Beside them, Chansung was chuckling, “You know, I always think you’re overreacting most of the time.” He ruffled both Junho and Wooyoung’s hair before grabbing their hands and dragged them out of their dorm into the hallway.

 

Junho glanced at Wooyoung, whispering “our sensible maknae indeed.”

 

 

[Yet another A/N] I originally intended to add something else in this chapter but somehow I ended up writing more about Young Boys than I initially wanted to... So, the other things will be in the next chapters then hehe c: