Sleepyheads

One Step At A Time

[A/N] Since this might be a bit confusing, I’ll just mention it here: the quoted Italicized texts are words spoken directly in English, while the unquoted Italicized ones are what the members were thinking in their minds. I also really apologize for the late update ;_;

 

 

“Well then, I’ll be off first,” Khun announced as he put on his shoes at the dorm entrance.

 

See you~” Taecyeon sang, a hand waving at Khun.

 

Taecyeon and Minjun were starting class that day at nine o’clock, an hour later that Khun. Minjun was still lazing in his room whereas Taecyeon got up early to get ready; including preparing a simple breakfast to pamper his boyfriend.

 

Taecyeon entered Minjun’s room after a single knock and instantly detected the unmoving bundle on the sole bed in the dark room. He walked over to the only window and drew open the curtains, letting the bright morning sunlight flood the room.

 

Minjun turned over in his bed and pulled the blanket over his face as he whined like a tired five-year-old. Taecyeon ignored his hyung’s whining and, instead of giving him a usual morning call, he let himself drop on Minjun and hugged his torso over the blanket. Taecyeon gave him a tight squeeze before reaching under the blanket to look for his hand. Holding Minjun’s hand, he got up from the bed and pulled him along.

 

Now sitting up, Minjun glanced at Taecyeon with his half-opened eyes, let out a silent yawn and stretched his arms upwards. Taecyeon got to Minjun’s side and reached his hands out to straighten his bed hair, chuckling. With Taecyeon right beside him, Minjun leaned his head against his stomach, not feeling any spurt of energy to get up and get ready for the day.

 

***

 

Khun wondered about the whereabouts of Taecyeon and Minjun as he made his way to the campus library to organize his notes and to revise, having had finished his two-hour class for the morning. He made his way to his usual four-seat table at the far corner of the library, but stopped in his tracks when he found that the table was already occupied. The occupant had his arms crossed on the table, pillowing his cheek as he slept facing sideways. He was clad in an oversized blue plaid hoodie over a simple white striped blue shirt, jeans and a pair of red-and-white basketball shoes. A pair of white colored medium-sized Beats headphones rested around his neck.

 

Khun recognized the occupant so he simply walked over and sat opposite to him. He rested his chin in his hands on the tabletop and studied the boy. The boy looked tired, but to Khun’s relief, not pale. The urge to caress his face was overwhelming; his peaceful sleeping face was truly enchanting that Khun could not resist patting his head, his hair affectionately.

 

Wooyoung, can you be mine? Khun asked in his head, wanting so badly to amplify the thought aloud in front of his junior – his love interest to hear. He sighed as he sat up straight in his chair and got to work, keeping in mind to handle his books on the table quietly as not to disturb the adorable sleeping boy opposite to him.

 

In the midst of writing a report for his assignment, Khun noticed, out of the corner of his eyes, Wooyoung stirred in his sleeping position. As if in slow motion, Wooyoung opened his eyes sleepily, revealing dark chocolate brown eyes that seemed to glisten under the newly received light. He blinked several times as the bright light of the library filled his sight. Still dreamy, he did not notice that he was no longer alone. He rubbed his cheek that was sore from having had slept on with his wrist while yawning.

 

All this while, Khun was motionless. In fact, Wooyoung’s cute actions were suffocating poor Khun that he could barely breathe properly. He was almost positive that his heartbeat was quite audible in the extremely quiet atmosphere.

 

Eventually, trying his best to sound normal, he greeted, “Hey, Wooyoung, good morning.”

 

“Nichkhun-sunbae?” Wooyoung stuttered, hastily standing up causing the chair to clatter dangerously backward, almost falling.

 

“Khun-hyung,” Khun corrected him as he held his index finger up, grinning. “Calm down, Wooyoung.”

 

Embarrassed, Wooyoung tried to apologize for showing such a bad image in front of his senior; that he had wrongly fallen asleep in the library that was meant for the students to work in.

 

Khun merely chuckled at his uptightness, “Sleeping here is fine, you know. I do that sometimes too, it’s not a bad thing. How long have you been here anyway?” Khun’s expression suddenly turned concerned, “Don’t tell me you’ve been overworking again?”

 

Now seated, Wooyoung explained that he had actually intended to do some studying the previous night and wrap up at around ten but unknowingly, he had fallen asleep. Oh Lord, Junho will kill me if he found my room empty, the realization came crashing into his mind and he quickly stood up again. “I’ve got to go, hyung,” rolled off his tongue as he hurriedly gathered his books and slung his bag onto his shoulder.

 

“Eh, what’s wrong?” Khun asked, surprised.

 

“No, nothing’s wrong, just that my roommate might kill me if he found that I’m not in my room,” Wooyoung responded with a light laugh.

 

“You did not mean that, right?”

 

Wooyoung giggled, “Maybe? Who knows what he’d do since I didn’t go back to the dorm when I was supposed to. I’m sure I’ve made him worry again.” Wooyoung looked sorry, his sight distant.

 

“I’m sure he’ll understand if you explain to him,” Khun offered. Nonetheless, Khun was having mixed feelings right then, there’s someone like that around him? They seem close. He pouted inwardly. He knew he was not supposed to feel jealous or anything but he could not help it. Khun wanted to be the one that was there to worry for Wooyoung; not someone else.

 

“Well, I’ll try, I guess. Thanks, hyung,” Wooyoung bowed slightly before taking his leave.

 

Khun sighed after Wooyoung was gone, I wish he could’ve stayed longer. The more he tried to focus on his report, the further his mind wandered off to this close friend of Wooyoung’s. Just who is he?