Old Boys

One Step At A Time

[A/N] Again, in this chapter, the Italicized texts are words spoken directly in English.

 

 

The flight PM1527 soared over the lands of South Korea at around ten at night, local time, and shortly after, it landed in Incheon International Airport, Seoul. Taecyeon and Minjun had been flying for more than fifteen hours, what with transiting and all that, and they were more than eager to get off.

 

After passing the immigration customs and collecting their luggage, they exited the airport to hail a taxi. The airport was not crowded; hence, they were able to get to a taxi easily and were soon on their way to Minjun’s house.

 

***

 

Minjun unlocked his house door, entered with Taecyeon tagging right behind and, out of habit, he announced, “I’m home,” though the house was empty. He showed Taecyeon to their room and told him to go wash up while he made some tea to help them relax after the long, tiring flight.

 

After the two of them had washed up and changed, they cuddled on the couch in the living room, enjoying each other’s company, not wanting to go to sleep even though it was already quite late.

 

“Welcome home, Minjunnie,” Taecyeon whispered affectionately.

 

“Welcome home, too, Taecyeonnie. We’ve been in LA for such a long time already,” Minjun sighed, snuggling deeper into Taecyeon’s embrace.

 

“We’re starting school the day after tomorrow… are we going to have the same schedule? I don’t want to leave you alone…”

 

“I’m not sure, Taec. We’ll be staying at the dorm–”

 

“Do we get to be in the same dorm?”

 

“I’m sorry, Taec, I don’t know. We’ll only find out when we go day after tomorrow…”

 

“Ah, okay then,” Taecyeon sighed.

 

Minjun knew what his boyfriend wanted and he felt heartbroken being helpless. Though blushing, he leaned over and pressed his lips against Taecyeon’s, giving him a brief but passionate kiss. Taecyeon was taken aback by Minjun’s sudden move; his timid Minjun unexpectedly kissed him first and not the other way round. Nevertheless, he loved every second of it.

 

Standing up, his reddened face downwards, Minjun dragged Taecyeon by his long sleeve into their room, “Let’s go to sleep.”

 

***

 

On the morning of their school day, Taecyeon was up early. He prepared breakfast consisting of pancakes and orange juice, before going back to Minjun to wake him up.

 

“Minjunnie, wake up,” Taecyeon gently shook his boyfriend.

 

“Hng,” Minjun sat up, rubbing his eye sleepily. “Ah, mornin’ Taec.”

 

Morning,” Taecyeon grinned at his hyung. “C’mon, breakfast’s waiting.

 

After finishing their breakfast and cleaning up, they gathered their things and headed to the campus.

 

Meanwhile, Khun, who had pulled an all-nighter studying in the library, woke up abruptly with a sneeze. Stretching his arms, he scanned his surroundings; the clock on the wall said that it was seven in the morning. Khun was glad he did not have any morning classes to go to or else he would be seriously late. He gathered his books, returned the library ones to their respective shelves and then headed out towards the dorms.

 

Back in his dorm room, Khun took a shower in an attempt to lose his sleepiness but to no avail, naturally; since he did not sleep well at the library table. He lied down in his bed on his stomach and buried his face in his pillow, falling into a half-asleep state.

 

“Taec, what’s the room number again?” Minjun asked as they walked down the long corridor on the fourth floor of the dormitory building, their footsteps and the wheels of their luggage making the only sounds in the quiet hallway.

 

Fortunately, since the two of them had transferred to the college in the middle of the semester, they were put in the same dorm. Taecyeon was holding his key while checking the number on each door on their left. Eventually, he stopped at dorm number 0409, “This one.”

 

Taecyeon unlocked the door with his key but found that the door was chain-locked. He turned to his hyung and wrinkled his eyebrows, “We have a roommate.”

 

Minjun just shrugged; he stepped up to the door crack and greeted.

 

It was unknown to Khun how long he had been motionless in his bed when he heard noises just outside his dorm. He listened again closely and heard someone greeting. Khun scrambled out of bed, running his fingers through his hair as he rushed out to the living room to answer the door. He stopped dead in his track, however, when he saw the initially locked door unlocked but was relieved that he had chain-locked it.

 

“Hi, may I help you?” Khun queried after removing the chain lock and opening the door.

 

“Um, hi, I’m Minjun,” he held out his hand, which Khun shook. “We transferred here from the college branch in LA. This, here, is Taecyeon,” who grinned broadly.

 

“I see; I’m Nichkhun, actually from California,” he introduced himself. “And I guess this is also your dorm; come on in.”

 

Khun showed them the living area, the tiny kitchen, the bathrooms and lastly, led them to the two empty rooms and let them choose.

 

“When do you start class?” Khun asked when they joined him in the living room, their things put away and all.

 

“Tomorrow,” Taecyeon replied while wandering around the living room, going from the pictures on the walls to the books on the shelves. “We were given a whole day today to check the campus out.”

 

“Hm, is there anywhere you’d like to check out first? I can show you guys around, but only until noon; I have class at one-thirty.”

 

“Is there a music club here?” Minjun piped up eagerly as he joined Khun on the couch.

 

“There is, but if I’m not mistaken, they’re not meeting today so you can’t visit them.”

 

“I see– Yah, Taec, don’t–” Minjun exclaimed when Taecyeon suddenly wrapped his arms around Minjun’s neck from behind and rested his chin lazily on his head.

 

“You smell nice today, hyung,” Taecyeon murmured softly so that only Minjun heard him.

 

Upon hearing Taecyeon’s comment, Minjun quickly looked away to hide the blush on his cheeks, his mind going, Seriously, what’s gotten into you Taec?

 

Somehow, Khun did not feel awkward in their presence at all. In fact, quite the opposite, he liked seeing the two of them being close like that, although he had only met them that day; he could feel their strong affection. Khun’s mind wandered to a certain someone…

 

 

[Yet another A/N] Hey readers ^^ I’m sure you have noticed the very obvious numbers in the last two chapters. Do you know their relation to 2PM? ㅋㅋㅋ ~

Forgive me if there was not enough fluff in this chapter, by the way. Pretty sure I did okay tho… ∑(°  ° ;)

P.S. Apologies for a mistake on Khun's place of origin