Living A Lie

Hidden In Plane Sight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
(Scene from chapter 1 - Playing Werewolf. Back from left to right: Aemi, Myung Soo, Seul Yi. Front: Woo Hyun, Hyun Mi, Baek Hyun, Sohee, Ho Seok.)  

 

Everything about the idea was stupid and deemed for failure. It was too risky. It was too dangerous. It was exactly what the others wanted. Seong Yeon did not like it even a single bit. She reluctantly followed after Sung Yeol and Hyerim who were going to the kitchen and ready to head to the floor below.   The two were still discussing the run of the entire plan, but her mind was too occupied to engage in the conversation. Did they really have to go to this extent to get rid of Nam Woo Hyun? If he was truly the killer, couldn’t they just attack him directly instead of trying to create false proof?   “Here, take this.” Hyerim took a kitchen knife from one of the drawers and skillfully handed it to Sung Yeol.   Horror was written on Seong Yeon’s face at once. “Why would you carry such things on the plane?” She asked a little too loud, quickly followed by the other two hushing her.   “We need to slice it well in order to provide the best steak quality,” Hyerim simply answered without putting much stress on the unimportant question. She hurried to open the fence of the vintage styled elevator and motioned them to go in.   “It’s so dangerous,” Seong Yeon said worriedly, feeling the smaller girl push her inside the elevator with great force.   “That should be the least of your concerns now.” Hyerim rolled her eyes in boredom, and closed the fence. She gave them a small goodbye wave, waited for the elevator to start moving slowly, and headed outside to the other passengers.   At the most unsuitable moment, Sung Yeol let out a small chuckle.   “What?” Seong Yeon reciprocated him with a glare.   “No one would’ve ever guessed you’d be such a softy when they see you.” He was still chuckling as he answered her.   “I’m tough!” she exclaimed, folding her arms.   “Then why are you so against this plan?” Sung Yeol sneered at her challengingly.   Seong Yeon quickly looked the other way to avoid staring at his mischievous yet charming eyes. There was no way she’d tell him the true reason for her worries. He wasn’t even supposed to see this side of her again. A part of her hated the fact that he always managed to see this hidden persona where she let down her tough defense mechanism. Perhaps because she trusted him too much she could let her guards down.   “Because you’re not tough,” Sung Yeol continued provoking her. “It’s fine. You don’t need to pretend in front of me. I knew since the first moment we met there was something more behind your cold attitude.”   “It’s because I care about you, okay?” Seong Yeon snapped out in annoyance. She watched Sung Yeol staring back at her in disbelief, definitely not expecting this sort of confession. It made her blush in embarrassment and annoyance. “So stop asking me.”   “You don’t have to worry about that. We both know what we’re doing.”   Sung Yeol grabbed her hands in his and gave her a reassuring smile - a smile that somehow managed to convince her to keep going along with this plan instead of trying to stop it.     Mira was anxiously sitting in her seat - the sole of her shoes tapping the floor repeatedly and anxious fingers crawling against her knees. Her eyes kept watching the couple sitting a few feet away from her, waiting for a perfect moment to strike.   “Are you cold?” Ho Seok had asked her, regarding her irregular movements as a result from the cold temperature.   “N-No, I’m fine,” Mira answered him with a sheepish smile.   Ho Seok stared at her a second longer than he intended and looked away again. He hadn’t been suspicious of anyone thus far, but with others claiming that Mira was a likely suspect, her equipments being used for murder, and this suspicious action, maybe he should be more cautious of her.   Honestly, this was perhaps the first time she would ever do something so reckless. Hyerim and Sung Yeol somehow seemed like a pro as they were perfectly comfortable with the plan they were going to carry out. Seong Yeon seemed quite nervous, but a part of her thought Seong Yeon was involved with such secrecy before. Her entire being itself was surrounded by so many secrets.   “Oh?” She exclaimed softly to herself when she saw Hyun Mi finally get up from her seat to go to the restroom. Her eyes were now fixed on Woo Hyun who was left by himself.   Hyerim walked by discreetly in the most unsuspecting manner, quietly whispering “now” to her before she stood watch over the occupied lavatory door. She seemed a master at this. The way the small framed girl crossed her arm and leaned against the side of the door convinced Mira she had definitely done this several times before. But for Mira herself, this was a first.   “Nam Woo Hyun,” she called out, standing in front of the politician who was busy playing a game from his phone. She got his attention when he looked up at her with a frown.   “May I help you?” He asked with a default polite tone people used to gain favors during a political campaign. He even added a smile that seemed way too friendly after he had just accused her of being the killer several minutes ago.   “I do not appreciate you accusing me as the killer. I’d like to prove you otherwise,” Mira stated as confident as possible, hoping he wouldn’t catch the slight stammering in her voice.   Woo Hyun put his phone away, squinting his eyes at her. “You don’t sound so convinced yourself,” he noted. Of course he would, he was a trained public speaker after all.   “I’d like to show you something, but it’s downstairs with my luggage,” Mira quickly dismissed his statement.   “How do I know you’re not going to kill me?” Woo Hyun asked bluntly.   “Please, if there is one thing I value more than anything else, it’s relationships. I love my boyfriend Mark dearly, and I know your fiancée feels that way about you too. I wouldn’t be so cruel to take away the love of her life.” Mira rolled her eyes at his stupid question.   Woo Hyun was convinced with that answer alone and got up to follow her. He met Seul Yi who was strolling back to her seat. “If I don’t return in a few minutes, tell Hyun Mi it was all Mira’s fault,” he asked her to pass on the message.   Seul Yi furrowed her eyebrows at him. “Why don’t you tell her yourself?” she asked.   “I might already be dead by then,” he answered leisurely and followed after Mira who was staring at him in disbelief.   Seul Yi looked equally surprised at his words and how calmly he said it. Sometimes the guy really had a weird way of joking around. Maybe she liked it better when he was just being cheesy with Hyun Mi - at least she’d be a little less suspicious of his carefree attitude.   “If something happens I’m blaming Mira,” she called out to them, just to be sure she remembered the number one most suspicious target.     The two were quiet the entire slow and painful duration of the elevator ride, standing an awkward distance away from each other from one side of the corner to the other. Even when the elevator reached it floor, the two had not said anything to each other at all. Mira simply led him towards her luggage.   “How will you prove your innocence?” Woo Hyun asked, hands placed in his pocket as he peeked a little to her suitcase.   “We came here when Seollin was murdered. But by that time, my luggage was already opened and left in a mess like this. I lost some items,” Mira explained as she presented the case to him in its unglorifying messy condition. All sorts of bottles and pills were scrambled over each other that would drive a person with OCD crazy at its disorganized sight. “I was upstairs with you guys all the time. I wouldn’t have been able to go down and mess up my own suitcase.”   “Maybe you didn’t, but Seong Yeon did,” Woo Hyun said.   “We’re not working together, and she isn’t the killer either,” Mira said with a frustrated sigh.   “How do I know you aren’t creating this alibi on purpose to make yourself seem innocent?” Woo Hyun asked her skeptically.   “All I want is to go back home and see my boyfriend Mark again. I have no time to create an alibi for myself. I still blame Kris for all of this,” Mira crossed her arms.   “Who is Kris?”   “The pilot,” Mira answered grimly. “I don’t understand why we haven’t landed after all this time.”   “Because you haven’t killed everyone,” Woo Hyun concluded.   “We’re not going to- We’re not even the killers!” Mira raised her voice out of frustration to defend herself and Seong Yeon from his accusations, clenching her hands into a fist to hold her anger. She would’ve taken out that huge gas tank from her luggage if she could to hit him in his head and…   “Wait! I remember!” She suddenly exclaimed, twisting her head to her luggage in a rapid movement.   “What?” Woo Hyun looked alerted at once at her loud tone.   “The thing that was taken from my luggage! It was a gas tank filled with nutrious oxide!” Mira exclaimed so excitedly as if she had won the jackpot.   “Why is that a good thing?” Woo Hyun stared at her weirdly, finding her act more suspicious with every second gone by.   “Because nitrous oxide is harmless. So even if it’s gone, it should do us no harm,” Mira stated with a smile.   Woo Hyun scrunched his eyes, slowly wondering whether he should believe her words or regard them as a false alibi.     The joyful noises coming from Mira could be heard all the way from the other side of the floor where Sung Yeol and Seong Yeon laid hidden. Sung Yeol was already sitting on the floor with his back casually leaned against the wall behind him. Seong Yeon was squatting in front of him uncomfortably, holding the long kitchen knife in her hand.   “She is doing her job well,” Sung Yeol commented with a small chuckle before turning to the girl in front of him, chuckle fading. “We should do ours too.”   “I really can’t,” Seong Yeon shook her head with reluctance.   “Come on Yeon, there isn’t much time. If we can prove that he is the killer, the others will go against him and… put him in quarantine or something,” Sung Yeol said convincingly.   “I still don’t think hurting you is the answer,” Seong Yeon said bitterly.   “We’re both doctors. We both know the right spot that would cause no harmful damage,” Sung Yeol tried.   “I’m a plastic surgeon; and my expertise is with faces, not bodies,” Seong Yeon corrected him.   It quieted Sung Yeol for a moment as he thought of a good way to reply to her. “I know the spot. You either help me out, or I do it myself and risk the possibility of hitting the wrong spot,” he said, a little threatening this time.   Seong Yeon gasped at his word, knowing she was trapped into doing this dirty act. How could Sung Yeol look so confident about this idea? Wasn’t he even scared of the possibilities? She would know out of everyone how dangerous it was to perform surgery on oneself, and maybe that was the reason why she was so scared. She did not want Sung Yeol to make the same mistakes she did.   “Trust me, it will be fine.”   Sung Yeol placed his hands on top of hers and guided her trembling arms that were holding the knife. He directed the knife right in front of his stomach and could feel the icy steel touch his shirt. He quickly lifted up his white colored shirt, exposing his toned abs once again.   “You’ll hit the wrong spot if you’re shaking like that,” he warned her with another laugh; a poor attempt to lighten up the tense situation as he saw the tough girl nearly on the verge of tearing up.   “I’m sorry…” Seong Yeon’s voice was nearly a welp with fear imminent in it.   “Just do it here.” Sung Yeol marked the spot by drawing an invisible line with his finger. He then stared at the girl, seeing how her lips were shaking as an attempt to hold back her fear. Her hands were even worse; quivering so much it seemed the knife could slip off her grip any moment now.   “I really can’t...” Seong Yeon cried, the tears already dwelling in her eyes at her reluctance.   “You have to! It’s our only chance!” Sung Yeol never gave up on convincing her. This time, his tone was more demanding, but still low enough as a whisper to remain undetected.   “It will hurt you…”   “I know what to do. Don’t worry!”   “What if it goes wrong?”   “Just do it, Yeon!”   The pressure was too big and Seong Yeon could not handle his urge and her fear at the same time. So out of panic and obedience, she pushed the knife into his flesh. There was a strange meaty sound as the sharp object made way through his bare skin, mixed with a small painful moan coming from Sung Yeol. She wasn’t sure how deep she was supposed to go, so she stopped the moment she saw blood spurting out.   “Does it hurt?” She asked worriedly, letting go of the knife at once.   “Of course it does.” Sung Yeol would’ve laughed at her question if only it didn’t hurt so much from laughing. He saw her frown with guilt and quickly flashed a smile to reassure her. “I’m fine. Just get ready.”   Seong Yeon was honestly reluctant to leave him. But the deed had been done. There was no turning back now. They could only continue moving forward, or all this effort would’ve gone to waste. So she quickly got up on her feet, gave Sung Yeol one last worried look, and sprinted away from the scene.     “This isn’t very convincing at all, I’m going back up,” Woo Hyun said as he headed the other direction, no longer interested in Mira’s luggage. He just couldn’t make up his mind on whom to trust. Everyone had a dark past anyway, and it didn’t help that he was in fact very aware of every single one of them. It taught him to trust no one.   “Aaaaaaarghhhh!!!!”   Even so, his instincts immediately responded when he heard that loud cry of pain from somewhere below. He stared at Mira who looked just as surprised as him, but she was nervous for some reason.   “What was that?” Mira asked him, quietly getting up on her feet. Cold sweat was forming on her forehead, and she really hoped Woo Hyun wouldn’t be suspicious of anything this time.   “Someone’s in pain!” Woo Hyun answered and quickly ran away from her to find the source of the yelling.   Everything was going exactly as planned. Mira took a deep shaky breath before she followed behind him, a little slower than her usual pace. She watched the politician run around and look around him rigidly before he correctly identified the place where Sung Yeol was supposed to be in. Judging on that stupefied look on Woo Hyun’s face, she wasn’t sure she was ready to see what had happened to Sung Yeol. But her feet stepped forwards anyway.   “Sung Yeol…” Woo Hyun was at a loss for a second, watching the sight of the tall guy crouched on the floor in pain. Though the two had fought before, he never thought Sung Yeol deserved this pain. A knife was placed in his abdomen, preventing him from making any grand movements. Blood was flowing out into a collective red pool all over his white t-shirt, and occupying the empty floor besides him. The color had washed away from his face, and his lips were equally pale as his skin. Breathing had become so heavy.   “L-let me get some help!” Mira quickly said, almost fainting at the sight. She wondered how Seong Yeon managed to do this as she escaped the scene.   “Who did this to you?” Woo Hyun asked, quickly crouching down as he hastily looked up and down from the knife to the victim’s dying face. He never expected Sung Yeol to move his feeble hand and viciously place it on his shoulder with slight force.   “I don’t know,” he breathed with difficulties.   “I need to take this out and put something to keep the pressure,” Woo Hyun continued, trying his best to save the dying victim. He placed his hand on the knife, seeing how Sung Yeol started to yell loudly in pain.   “No!!!! Please don’t, Woo Hyun!!!! Have mercy on me!” Sung Yeol started yelling loudly.   “It’s going to hurt a little, but just bear with it, okay?”   “You’re hurting me! Please, just let me go!” Sung Yeol continued pleading.   “I’m sorry, I have to do this,” Woo Hyun stood firm with his decision and did what he had to do as Sung Yeol continued yelling out loud. At once, they both watched in panic when the blood started spurting out like a geyser, non-stop.     When Hyun Mi walked back to her seat, the first thing she noticed was Woo Hyun’s absence. This was very unlikely of her fiancé since it was nearly impossible to disturb him during his virtual soccer match, especially when he was playing for Barca.   “Where is Woo Hyun?” The usual pleasant tone in her voice changed as she looked at all the passengers who sat at the front. She did not notice the way Hyerim kept staring at her with a hidden smirk beneath her cool composure.   “He said something about getting killed,” Myung Soo answered casually.   “What?!”   “No, no, no, that’s not what he said!” Seul Yi quickly jumped up from her seat to fix the misconception. “Mira said she wanted to prove her innocence and asked Woo Hyun to come down with her.”   “And he went?” The look on Hyun Mi’s face turned darker and fearsome in one split second.   “Yeah, he did,” Seul Yi answered the obvious. Honestly, she regretted speaking up by now.   Hyun Mi let out an annoyed grunt before turning around to fetch her man. But everything halted when she suddenly saw Seong Yeon and Mira running back from the kitchen with sweat dripping everywhere, looking completely consumed by fear and exhaustion at the same time.   “Han Mira, where is Woo Hyun?” she immediately asked the girl, completely disregarding whatever it was that made the two girls seem so suspiciously terrified.   “He is…” Mira’s voice began to tremble as she exchanged looks with Seong Yeon. Both looked so afraid to speak up - so fragile at the point of breaking down into pieces.   “He is… hurting Sung Yeol,” Seong Yeon answered as she finally burst out into tears.   “What?!” A collective gasps came from everyone else who started murmuring through each other.   “We saw it with our own eyes… We… Managed to get some proof…” Seong Yeon continued, holding up her smartphone to play a video. Her hand was still trembling from all the action and made it harder for everyone else to see, even though they had quickly gathered around the two girls.   “Let me see! Let me see!” Sohee spoke with an excited smile as she was the first person to take over the phone from Seong Yeon’s hands and held it steadily in hers for everyone to see.   “No!!!! Please don’t, Woo Hyun!!!! Have mercy on me!” They heard Sung Yeol’s woeful voice cry out through the speaker. He was seated in a very disadvantageous position with Woo Hyun crouching over his legs. They could see the knife penetrate through Sung Yeol’s skin, and Woo Hyun’s hands were clearly on them.   “It’s going to hurt a little, but just bear with it, okay?” Woo Hyun’s voice sounded awfully calm for a situation like this.   “He’s a psycho,” Sohee muttered lowly under her breath, completely immersed in this thriller-like video.   “You’re hurting me! Please, just let me go!” They heard Sung Yeol’s voice continue to plead as the video showed visuals of the floor when Seong Yeon ran away from the scene; soft sobs and hiccups could be heard throughout it. Then the black screen appeared and the video stopped.   Seong Yeon’s real life sobs continued to fill the eerily silent air as Chi Yeon and Mira started to pat her shoulders for support. She toughened up herself and stared at the others in the most convincing way she could muster. The shivering never stopped as she was truly traumatized to see Sung Yeol bleeding like that, knowing the guy was still in pain as they were speaking now.   “He killed Sung Yeol… I knew since the beginning that Woo Hyun was the killer…. And now… He killed Sung Yeol… If we don’t stop him now, he is going to kill all of us sooner or later…” She vocalized her sobs louder, retrieving the phone back from Sohee with trembling hands.   “He’s not the killer,” Hyun Mi said. Her tone was unusually fierce, and it was clear she was holding back her thinning patience through the way her breathing became a tad heavier.   “I’m sorry you had to find out this way, Hyun Mi. But the proof is right in front of your eyes,” Mira spoke, feeling a sense of empathy towards this girl.   “So it was him all this time?” Yerin asked quietly.   “He did know all of our secrets and our wrong doings,” Hyerim added on to their claims. “And to seem innocent, he pushed all the blame on Mira and Seong Yeon instead. Because he always acts charmingly like a complete love fool, no one would ever regard him as the killer. He disguised his murderous persona very well.”   “This seems like a very likely theory,” Sohee nodded her head.   “I never suspected him. He’s good,” Ho Seok was quite in awe.   “We should… stop him?” Chi Yeon stated unsurely.   “Can’t we kill him before he kills all of us then?” Seul Yi was quickly swayed by the others into believing this theory.   “If he is truly the killer, I have a gun hidden in my luggage downstairs that we can use,” Jimin added.   “I don’t know how you managed to carry a gun, but desperate times calls for desperate actions,” Yerin said.   “What if he isn’t the killer though?” Min Seok asked, his voice muted out by the others who kept adding their own theories to their case. Facts and opinions were suddenly mingled as one.   Hee-Jin was silent the whole time, watching Hyun Mi stare at Seong Yeon’s phone the entire time. There was something about her cousin’s gaze that was different from what she expected, though she couldn’t exactly pinpoint what. When others would usually start doubting their partner at this point, Hyun Mi looked completely irritated and never doubted Woo Hyun once. She was a little fearful of what was going to happen next.   “He is not the killer,” Hyun Mi repeated herself, quickly jumping forward to snatch the phone from Seong Yeon’s hand as she ran away from the crowded circle. Before anyone could protest anything, she halted and faced them with the phone clenched tightly in her hand, keeping a good amount of distance in between.   “Please don’t do anything reckless,” Hee-Jin breathed under her breath nervously.   “Your theories are wrong,” Hyun Mi declared with a vague look on her face. There was a vicious glare which at the same time looked like a desperate plea for them to believe her, mixed with the disappointment that almost everyone could turn against her fiancé so easily. This was exactly why she had told him to stay out of everyone’s business.   “You can’t defend him forever. We got proof, Hyun Mi,” Baek Hyun said, pointing at the phone.   Hyun Mi stared at the phone in her hand. The look in her eyes turning uncertain and more provoked as seconds went by. Without any warning, she surprised everyone by smashing the phone against the floor as hard as she could, flinching even herself as the phonescreen cracked into pieces.   “You no longer have proof,” she whispered, in disbelief at her own actions. She faced the others who were staring back at her in surprise.   “We already saw everything though,” Baek Hyun quietly muttered, earning a hiss from everyone else as soon as he opened his mouth.   “Ya! That’s my phone!!!!” Seong Yeon yelled as she stepped forward to push the smaller girl using some force. Before she could deal any more serious damage, Mira, Baek Hyun, and Hee-Jin quickly held her back at all cost.   “And yet you seem more panicked about the fact that your phone broke compared to the fact that Sung Yeol got killed?” Hyun Mi air quoted the last word with her fingers. She glared intensely at Seong Yeon with zero fear in her eyes.   The others now turned to Seong Yeon who was silenced at the sudden accusation thrown at her. The ones who held her back slowly released their grip around her.   “When you see someone dear to you about to be attacked, I assume the first reaction would be to stop the attacker at any cost. But in your case, you had time to take out your phone, record everything, and gather just enough footage to make Woo Hyun seem like the killer,” Hyun Mi continued.   Others gasped at her words and automatically stepped away from Seong Yeon whom they thought was the victim. If this was true, Seong Yeon could’ve actually been the dangerous one.   “I was scared! He could’ve attacked me. So instead I’m gathering proof so that we can all turn against him and stop him from hurting anyone else,” Seong Yeon explained herself, hands flinging to all direction to prove her innocence.   “Either you never truly cared about Sung Yeol, or this was all fake,” Hyun Mi said grimly.   “It’s just like in my comic,” Myung Soo pointed out in a whisper, finding the similarities to the fake death scene he had read just a few minutes ago.   “This is reality,” Aemi reminded him of the unlikeliness of his theory. Myung Soo grunted a little at the way she burst his bubble.   “I care about Sung Yeol! You don’t know how painful it was to watch him get killed.. I felt so useless… I couldn’t even do anything to save him… Don’t say I never cared about him…” Seong Yeon clenched her hands into a fist, trying her best to remain calm. What she had done was one of the hardest things to do in her entire life.   “Likewise, don’t you ever dare to push the blame on my fiancé. If there is one thing I am sure of, it’s that he’s not the killer,” Hyun Mi said, more like a warning rather than a regular statement.   As she managed to silence the already tense atmosphere, they suddenly heard rushed footsteps coming from the kitchen. Everyone was surprised to see Woo Hyun walking out with a pale face, and his hand and clothes all covered in blood.   “We need someone with medical experience! Sung Yeol is bleeding intensely!” Woo Hyun exclaimed, quickly realizing the weird tension as everyone stared at him. Their eyes were filled with so much doubts and condemnations as they watched the blood dripping off his hand, marking the floor with every step he took.   “Mira, weren’t you going to get help?” He looked at the girl who was with him. She had done nothing to look for assistance at all.   “I was…” Mira tried looking for a good excuse, awkwardly trying to divert the way everyone was looking at her.   “Weren’t you down there with Woo Hyun earlier? How did you end up going up with Seong Yeon?” Seul Yi suddenly made a wise analysis, remembering the situation earlier. Things simply did not add up.   “I was in a hurry,” Mira said slowly, giving some subtle SOS signal to Seong Yeon for help.   “I’ll go help him,” Seong Yeon quickly said, marching passed Hyun Mi as she purposely brushed against her shoulder. She successfully changed the topic as everyone panicked about the killer striking yet another victim again.   “Me too,” Hyerim soon followed behind, leaving Mira to stay up there to make things less suspicious, they hoped.   Chan Yeol stayed quiet as he watched the two girls leave. He then turned to Jimin who just remained in his place. “Aren’t you joining them?” he asked, not because he was curious, but because he didn’t understand why the officer wasn’t doing his job.   “Sung Yeol needs a medic, I am not a medic,” Jimin replied quietly with a sigh before he went back to his seat, tired of everyone’s poor attempt to deduce the killer’s identity.   “What’s going on here?” Woo Hyun asked, quickly supporting Hyun Mi so she wouldn’t fall back from Seong Yeon’s sudden harsh movements, while making sure the blood wouldn’t touch her clothes.   “Well...” Hyun Mi answered him with her usual bright smile as she faced him. Perhaps it was her not-so-hidden passion to act, or perhaps it was her love for him, but she managed to wipe off the worry from her face as soon as she locked eyes with him. She knew Woo Hyun would grow more worried if he found out the others had now sort of turned against him, so she chose to tell him a white lie. “They asked me if I was scared to become the next victim.”   “I wouldn’t let that happen,” Woo Hyun quickly said defensively before letting his curiosity take over. “What did you answer?”   “I said I’d be more scared of losing you,” Hyun Mi spoke as she wrapped her arms around him and shut her eyes while resting her head against his chest, not bothered by the blood stains. She soon felt Woo Hyun reciprocate that hug as he linked his arm around her. Maybe it wasn’t a white lie after all since she was genuinely speaking the truth in this sense. When it came to Woo Hyun, she was willing to do whatever it took to make sure she’d never lose him.   “Oops, I got your blouse all dirty!” Woo Hyun hissed at this mistake. He held his hands up in a surrender pose to admit his fault.   “Don’t worry,” Hyun Mi chuckled as she tried to take a peek at her back. “It’s black, so it wouldn’t leave any marks or stains.”   Woo Hyun sighed in relief, seeing the frown on her face appear as soon as her chuckle dismissed. “What are you thinking of?”   “Did you see Sung Yeol’s wound? Was it really bad?” she asked, wanting to know but not wanting to know at the same time.   “Yeah, the killer stabbed a kitchen knife to his lower right abdomen. I took it out and placed pressure on it. But a lot of blood was spurting out,” Woo Hyun described the image as vivid as he remembered.   Hyun Mi almost gagged, completely disgusted. “But why would the killer keep Sung Yeol alive? He or she killed everyone else at once,” she continued asking the next mystery.   “Maybe she loves him.”     “I told you this was a bad idea! A bad bad bad idea!” Seong Yeon was panicking as the elevator was heading downstairs.   “It seems we may have underestimated her,” Hyerim agreed, referring to Hyun Mi who managed to see right through them. Either the girl was very smart, or her love for Woo Hyun suddenly boosted her intelligence, if that was even possible.   They both walked out as fast as possible when the elevator stopped and headed to the place where Sung Yeol was crouching in pain. His long cardigan was used by Woo Hyun to bandage the wound around his waist. Seong Yeon wasted no second to get out the medical kit she had already hidden nearby.   “How’d it go?” Sung Yeol asked as he watched Seong Yeon getting busy unwrapping the cloth around him, while searching for the tools to treat his wound correctly.   “Bad,” Hyerim answered bluntly, leaning against the big wooden box behind her as she watched Seong Yeon do her thing. “I think we managed to make several people suspicious of Woo Hyun.”   “But his fiancée managed to point out this was all an act. We don’t know how man
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter