Chapter 8

The Goddess and Her Dragon

Enjoy today, before I started my hibernation, again ;D

 

 

---***---

 

Jiyong walked out from his glossy black Lamborghini Gallardo Nera, elegantly threw his key to a drooling teenage boy who immediately caught it and literally jumped up and down to the driver’s seat, drove it in delight to parking lot.

 

Jiyong was just about to climb the stairs to hotel lobby when a voice called him from behind. No need to turn back, he knew immediately who was the owner of that voice. That person suddenly tapped his shoulder.

 

“I know you will come!”

 

Jiyong only glanced at him and walked his steps again. “Hyung will kill me if I dare not to.”

 

That man in suit just laughed, making his slanted eyes disappeared. Walking faster to keep the pace with Jiyong, he asked, “Where’s your paranoid fiancée?”

 

Jiyong snorted. This man should know really well the reason why he didn’t bring Jina here. Jiyong heard that laugh again. He started to feel annoyed.

 

“Nothing to be laughed of,” said Jiyong curtly.

 

The said man just showed his grin, clearly didn’t even care about the intimidating tone in Jiyong’s words. “Why so grumpy? I just think that your life is so exciting, as usual.”

 

Jiyong didn’t answer. There’s no use to respond to Kikwang, he will only embarrass himself more.

 

They arrived at the entrance of the party hall. Jiyong was too accustomed to luxury to feel fascinated, yet once again he could feel the magnificence of Choi family. He wouldn’t be too surprised if this twenty five floors hotel had been entirely reserved just for the special occasion of their only son’s engagement party.

 

Hundreds of people had gathered in that giant ballroom. Reporters were everywhere, carrying out their noble duties of spreading good news to all over the world.

 

“Where’s Dongwook hyung? I didn’t see him anywhere,” asked Kikwang as he looked left and right. Jiyong ignored him and walked again. Behind him Kikwang reached out for a glass of red wine, served by servants dressed in white before joining Jiyong. Jiyong looked at him and raised an eyebrow.

 

“Don’t you drive?”

 

Kikwang smiled and drank his wine. “Nope, I was with my driver. I’m planning to force you to take me home later.”

 

Jiyong shrugged. Whatever, he didn’t intend to stay long here anyway.

 

“Jiyong, Kikwang!” Automatically both of them turned back.

 

“Hyung!” Kikwang exclaimed after realizing who is the man in front of him. That man replied him with hard pat in the back. Jiyong just bowed, but there was a slight glint in his eyes.

 

“Dongwook hyung! Why did you just send me the invitation this afternoon? I frantically had to change my full schedules, you know?” Jiyong frowned as he heard Kikwang’s babbling. So he wasn’t the only one receiving that abrupt notice?

 

Dongwook just laughed. “My plan is a big success, isn’t it? You didn’t bring any date at all.”

 

Kikwang looked at him in disbelief. “Just because of that?!”

 

“Hanbyul had known you all her life, Kikwang. She definitely will not like it if you ruin this evening by bringing your newest girlfriend, while your other ones were still hanging around here. It’s better if you’re coming alone.”

 

Kikwang cursed silently while Jiyong nodded in agreement.

“How about me, hyung?” asked Jiyong.

 

Dongwook hesitantly answered, “Well... you know, maybe your mother will ask you to bring her, and Hanbyul... you know about their relationship, right?”

 

Jiyong didn’t answer, but he understood. Indeed, Hanbyul nuna was never fond to Jina, and she never even bothered to hide her loathing. Jiyong himself didn’t know, whether the smile shown by Jina in front of Hanbyul nuna was really sincere or just a mask.

 

Dongwook tried to break the ice. “Where’s that hiperactive boy, Jiyong?”

 

Kikwang asked, “Who? Seungri? Yeah, right, where is he? He will not simply miss this kind of party, although he still can’t beat my record of girls.”

 

Jiyong sighed. “Two days ago he stayed over my house, and was picked up immediately the next day. Until today my call can’t even reach him, maybe uncle forbade him to go anywhere.”

 

“Again?” Kikwang asked in surprise.

 

Dongwook cursed. “Damn it, why should when my party...!”

 

Suddenly... “Dongwook?”

 

All of them were turned around; a tall man dressed in black suit smiled a little, not sure if he was disturbing their conversation.

 

“Seunghyun! Yah! I don’t even have the slighest hope that you will come here!”

 

Kikwang gave his hyung odd stares. Who is this guy? Why in front of this strange man, his hyung’s behavior was like... well, childish?

 

That man called Seunghyun suddenly hit Dongwook’s head jokingly. “Why you insolent brat! You haven’t contacted me since the graduation and suddenly you sent me the invitation letter, totally give me a shock!”

 

What surprised Kikwang more, Dongwook just laughed. Yes, laughed after being hit. If he was the one who did that, surely his body will be found floating in Han river the day after.

 

Kikwang looked at Jiyong confused, wondering who he is. Jiyong shook his head. Looked like they were old friends.

 

“I just want to remind you, I’ve already had my engagement party, when is yours? Ah, sorry, you don’t even have girlfriend, right?” mocked Dongwook.

 

Seunghyun didn’t reply, just smiling though Jiyong realized that his eyes weren’t in sync with his lips. “You haven’t changed at all, Dongwook. You’re still a bastard.” Dongwook just grinned.

 

Kikwang couldn’t wait anymore. “Ehm... hyung, who is he?”

 

Dongwook and Seunghyun finally realized that they weren’t alone there.

 

“Ah, yeah. He’s Choi Seunghyun, my fellow classmate in university.”

 

Dongwook turned his attention back, “Kay, Seunghyun. This is Lee Kikwang and that one is Kwon Jiyong.” Kikwang glared at his hyung’s flippant attitude, while Jiyong didn’t even look at them. He didn’t really care.

 

Seunghyun offered his hand. Kikwang immediately shook it, but Jiyong just bowed. Seunghyun bowed his head back.

 

“Seunghyun, where is your companion? Told you before, you should find a girl already. Want me to ask Hanbyul to plan blind dates with her friends for you?” asked Dongwook mischievously.

 

Seunghyun just shook his head, smiling. “Sorry to disappoint you, but tonight I’m not alone.”

 

“Oh, really? Then, where is...”

 

Jiyong was still glancing around the ballroom, trying to search for interesting sight. From the corner of his eyes he noticed two women appeared from Seunghyun’s behind, and his eyes suddenly widened in disbelief when he realized that he recognized one of them.

 

Her long hair gently dangled to her back, with smooth white skin and sweet smile that is so perfectly framed her face.

 

Yes, that face, it’s impossible for him to be wrong. It was the face of a woman who he had killed countless times, a face that always stained with red because of his sinful hands, a face which always haunted him in his worst nightmares, day and night.

 

That was his yeoshin.

 

It’s okay baby, please don’t cry

This long journey is about to end

But someday, we will meet again...

 

In the next life, we will see each other again

 

---***---