Chapter 4

The Goddess and Her Dragon

Well, this is my promise! ^^

 

---***---

 

Dara stepped hesitantly into her office. She stopped right in front of the door and exhaled to manage her heartbeats.

 

"Dara, hwaiting!" She muttered, clenching her hands. Her innocent face was radiating determination. Finally she opened the door slowly and peeked inside. Everyone there were busy, no one noticed her except for a beautiful woman with dark long hair carrying a stack of paper.

 

"Hey, what are you doing there? Come in," said that woman with friendly voice. That simple words succeed making all of the people there instantly raised their heads and looked at Dara.

 

Dara groggily came in and closed the door. Her gaze swept the room, and then she realized that everyone was still waiting for her speaking. She quickly bowed.

 

"A-annyeong haseyo! Dara imnida! Work, starting today, I, here!" she said too quickly with the words which are impossible to be understood. The room was silent for a moment, then...

 

“HAHAHAHA...!!"

 

Laughter formed there, filled the entire room. Dara looked down in pure embarrassement and banged her own head. Aigoo...

 

The woman who first greeted Dara was still laughing when she walked over to Dara.

 

"Don’t be too tense. We will not bite you, really.” She reached out her hand as soon as she stood in front of her. "Annyeong, Park Bom imnida, you can just call me Bom."

 

Dara’s smile instantly outstretched. She welcomed Bom’s hand, "Nice to meet you, Bom!"

 

All people began to stand up and greet Dara one by one. Dara realized that the workers there were not as much as she previously thought.

 

"Daesung imnida, hahahaha ...!" said a man with a round face and narrow eyes. His laughter made his eyes disappear right away. Seeing him, Dara couldn’t help but to laugh too.

 

"Minji imnida." Now a short-haired young woman reached out her hand to Dara. Dara smiled and grabbed it, but before she shook it, suddenly a man stood between them. He grabbed Dara's hand by surprise and held it tightly, ignoring the frowning Minji behind him.

 

"Seungri imnida, twenty one years old, loves to travel and get acquainted with beautiful women like you! Well, Dara, now can I get your phone number..." He didn’t get to finish his sentences as Bom hit his head, hard.

 

"Ouchh! Noona! Why do you hit me?" cried Seungri.

 

"Because you deserve it, pabo!" snapped Bom.

 

“What? What’s wrong with a single young man like me asking for the phone number of a beautiful woman like Dara?" Seungri expressed his feelings with all of his heart, even to the extent that Bom shooted him back with disgusted look.

 

Dara, who they had been talking about, could only smile. "You prefer older women then, Seungri?"

 

Seungri looked back at her and shook his head. "Not really. Why do you ask me?"

 

Dara looked surprised. "Of course because I'm older than you."

 

All heads turned to her. "Then, how old are you?" asked Bom.

 

“This year I’m twenty seven.”

 

Now all pairs of eyes widened. "REALLY?!"

 

"Yes."

 

"You're in the same age as Bom noona?" Daesung can’t help but to ask.

 

"No, no way! You can’t be as old as Bom noona!" Seungri went right on talking without realizing Bom’s threatening gaze. If looks could kill, Seungri would have already died, many times.

 

"Hmm ...Why is it not possible, Seungri ah?" Bom asked in sweet voice, too sweet if it was compared with her piercing eyes. Unfortunately, Seungri was too deep in his thought to realize it.

 

"Because Dara still looks like a teenager, while from Bom noona's face we will believe right away if she says she has some children stealthily, and..."

 

"YAA! SEUNGRI! YOU WANT TO DIE, DON’T YOU?!"

 

The next incident happened so fast that Dara could not remember it clearly. Immediately after Bom shouting, Seungri ran to the door trying to save his life. Bom then took off her high heels and threw it toward the boy, but Seungri had already bent down, made it hit the wall with loud bang. Bom took off the other one of her heels, took aim and threw it, in the same time as the door was opened from the outside by someone.

 

That shoe with two inches of heel flown straight into the face of that someone and would have landed successfully there if not because of his quick reflexes. HAP..! With one hand he caught the unfortunate shoe.

 

Bom stammered, Seungri patted his own forehead, Daesung muttered something that sounded like "Uh oh..." and Minji shook her head. Dara? She was dumbfounded. Why? Because that pesky person who just entered was the same person who helped her before, Seunghyun!

 

"Seunghyun? Why yo..." Dara's words hung in the air. Bom and her other new friends have bowed their heads in front of Seunghyun.

 

"Joissonghamnida, sajangnim!" said the four of them together, ignoring Dara who was still trying to grasp the situation.

 

With straight face, Seunghyun held the shoe in his hand. "Is this the cause of that loud noise just now? Is this yours, Bom noona?”

 

"Y-yes..." Bom said quietly, still not daring to lift her head. Her behavior was quite different from before.

 

Seunghyun walked over. He expanded his view to the entire room. Still, no one dared to make eye contact with him, except Dara. In the middle of his way, the corner of his eyes caught a glimpse of Bom's other shoe, lying on the floor. He bent to pick it up.

 

He stopped in front of Bom, fell silent. His hands held up both of Bom’s shoe. Bom took it with trembling hands.

 

"Don't use your shoes to throw at someone again. Just ignore Seungri if he's annoying."

 

"Ye-yes. I-I'm sorry, sajangnim," Bom bent her head deeper, trying to cover her blushed face with her long hair.

 

Seunghyun turned to the side, caught the sight of confused Dara.

 

"Dara? Come to my office later."

 

"Hmm? Wae? "Dara tilted her head asking.

 

Seunghyun smiled, "Just come."

 

Dara nodded although I-don't-understand expression was still framed in her face. After that Seunghyun went away from there.

 

Seungri, Daesung and Minji patted their chest in relief. Bom put on her high heels in silence. While Dara was still staring at the odd Bom, the three people have gathered in front of her.

 

"Noona, you know sajangnim?" asked Daesung curiously.

 

Dara nodded, "Yes."

 

"Are you an old friend of him?" Minji asked her too.

 

"No, I've just met him this morning when he helped me," Dara said.

 

"And you've talked to each other using banmal?"

 

"Well, he told me to."

 

Three mouths voiced out an "o". Bom was now lifted her face and saw Dara with a look that can’t be explained.

 

"Bom, wh...?" Dara’s question directly interrupted by Bom.

 

"Dara, you have to go to his office. Sajangnim is waiting for you."

 

Dara thought it was weird. Bom had been nice to her before, but now Bom looked... different.

 

Was Bom probably angry with her? Impossible, she was smiling to her now. But why did it look like it was forced?

 

Dara shook her head, dismissing the thought. Of course Bom wasn’t mad at her, not when they've just met.

 

"By the way, I wanted to ask before. Why did you call him sajangnim?" Dara continued.

 

"Huh?"

 

---***---

 

Note:

joissonghamnida: sorry / I do apologize

sajangnim: boss / president

banmal: informal speech, usually used in a conversation between two person with same age / between people having close relationship