Chapter 6

The Goddess and Her Dragon

Trying to update as many as I can before I forgot again, hahaha

Enjoy ^_^

 

---***---

 

"Dara, please give this to sajangnim."

 

Dara looked up from the computer in front of her and just wanted to say thanks, but Bom was gone in an instant. Dara frowned, didn’t understand every bits of Bom’s behavior.

 

A few days have already passed as she began working as Seunghyun’s secretary and for some reason she felt that Bom wasn’t too happy with her presence at the company. She never looked at Dara right in her eyes again, she almost never talked to her if it wasn’t for anything important.

 

Indeed, it would be a little rude to say that Bom hated her without any clear evidence. But her feelings couldn’t be wrong! Minji was even aware of it, when she asked, "Dara unnie, do you do something funny to Bom unni? It’s as if she always avoids you."

 

Dara was silent for a long time and in the end could only reply, "I don’t know, Minji ah, I also don’t understand."

 

She didn’t understand. Why did Bom hate her? What did she do wrong? She knew she never mocked Bom as Seungri always did, or whining to ask for help to complete the report which is the routine that Daesung did every day. And though both of them did it every day, Bom’s attitude to them was never as cold as her attitude when she was with Dara

 

Dara didn’t like this uneasy feeling the most, feelings of being despised by others, especially if she didn’t know why. Perhaps she would feel better if Bom cursed her in front of her face and tell her where her fault was. Thus, at least Dara could correct her mistakes.

 

She missed the friendly Bom.

 

Dara was still thinking hard when Seunghyun stood in front of her and waved his hands trying to restore the consciousness of Dara.

 

"Dara? Hello, Dara? Are you okay?"

 

Dara gasped, "Oh, ne, sajangnim."

 

"Why did you call me sajangnim? I’ve told you, just call my name," said Seunghyun with a little frown. Dara smiled.

 

"Ne, sajang... Seunghyun."

 

"Good, you're a good girl." Seunghyun chuckled as he ruffled Dara's hair.

 

"Yah!"

 

Seunghyun immediately withdrew his hand before Dara hit him. Still laughing, he entered his office.

 

Dara was still grumbling as she arranged her messy hair again. But her pout only lasted a second, because she remembered of Seunghyun's smile. Didn’t that man realize that the beautiful arch on his lips could make hundreds of women immediately give in to him? Dara would not be surprised if almost all the female workers in this company have fallen in love with him, including Bom.

 

Wait a minute.

 

Dara thought again about her statement earlier. Yes, if she remembered again how Bom’s reactions in front of Seunghyun, and her enmity began when...

 

Gosh! Dara hit her own forehead. Why didn’t she realize it from the first?!

 

---***---

 

"Bom."

 

Bom who was still washing hands in sink was startled, immediately looked up and saw the shadow of Dara in the mirror, behind her.

 

"Oh, Dara," said Bom as she bowed her head and continue her washing hands.

 

"Bom, I..."

 

Bom shook her wet hands, interrupting Dara by saying, "Do you want to use the sink? I'm done."

 

"No, Bom, I..."

 

"Excuse me," said Bom as she walked through Dara to the door, her eyes still didn’t want to look at Dara.

 

Dara immediately grabbed Bom’s arm, hold it fast. "No, Bom, I want to talk."

 

"I don’t," said Bom coldly, trying to break Dara’s hold. She succeeded and walked away.

 

“Bom, I know about your feelings towards Seunghyun." Dara half-shouted, feared that Bom wouldn’t hear her words. But it seemed that one sentence was enough to stop Bom.

 

Dara saw this as an opportunity for her and she started, "Bom, I ..."

 

"So what if you knew?" Bom cut her off again.

 

"Eh?"

 

"I said, so what if you knew it? Is there any difference? After all, you're still laughing happily with him, you’re still calling him by his first name, you're still showing off your intimacy with him in front of me even though you know my feelings, and now you want to talk with me? What do you want, if I may know? You want me not to disturb your relationship? You want me to stop staring at your boyfriend all the time?"

 

"No, Bom, listen..."

 

"Ah, I know. You want me to move to another division? Or maybe it’s better if I quit and look for another job somewhere else? And don’t ever see him again? That's what you want?"

 

"Bom! Listen to me first!" snapped Dara. Bom closed , but her eyes were still staring at Dara sharply, full of hostility.

 

Dara drew a breath for a moment before she said, "I asked to speak to you here, because I want to apologize."

 

Bom can’t hold her anger anymore. She said sarcastically, "You want to apologize because you think you've taken him from me? Well, I was deeply moved, but I'm sorry too, I can’t accept your apoligy, Miss Sandara Park. He's not mine in the first place, you know, you don’t need..."

 

Dara looked at Bom tiredly.  "Can you let me explain it first?"

 

Bom looked down. She knew her attitude was very annoying, but the jealousy that she felt over several days lately has been unbearable. When she first saw Seunghyun’s smile at Dara, she immediately realized the meaning of that smile. That soft gaze. How she wished those were meant for her.

 

And she also knew from the beginning that Dara is totally innocent. If Seunghyun fell in love with her, that wasn’t not her fault. That was her luck.

 

"Bom," said Dara, "I apologized because I just realized how you feel after a few days thinking about it. I'm ignorant, I'm insensitive, I know that, but I'm very sorry because my stupidity has made you angry."

 

Bom still bowed her head down. “Don’t be sorry, that's okay."

 

"And if I know how you feel from the beginning, I wouldn’t do those stupid things that you hate."

 

"Hmm..."

 

"I'll help you."

 

Finally Dara’s last words could make Bom lifted her head and stared at Dara with rounded eyes.

 

"Huh? What..."

 

Dara smiled convincingly, "I will help your relationship with Seung ... uh, sajangnim. For a start, we need to settle that ‘calling-first-name’ first."

 

---***---

 

"Dara, where are the data for meeting later? Has it been completed?" Seunghyun took his time to ask his secretary.

 

"I've asked Bom to search for it, sajangnim."

 

Seunghyun’s furrowed brows showed his displeasure, "I’ve told you many times, Dara, don’t call me that."

 

"But we're still in working hours, sajangnim. I've heard someone said, a professional shouldn’t confuse personal things with one’s job," said Dara with an official tone, making Seunghyun’s frown deepened.

 

"Oh, really? Where did you hear that?"

 

"From my father, sajangnim." Okay, Dara was lying, she admitted it. But, after all, these lies were meant for good deeds. Her sin sooner or later will be covered by the reward.

 

"But we're friends, right? So, that name-calling is fine for me," said Seunghyun still trying to incite Dara.

 

Dara almost laughed at Seunghyun’s determination to convince her. "But your friend’s not only me, sajangnim. What about Seungri, Daesung and anyone else?"

 

Seunghyun scowled again. "Seungri? Even without I asked him, he has already called my name rudely behind me. And still, they were all younger than me. It was mandatory for them to respect me, while you, Dara, are older than me, so you can call me as comfortable as you want."

 

Woohoo! Dara finally managed to lure 'it' out!

 

"Well, what about Bommie?"

 

"Eh?" Seunghyun struck by Dara’s counterattack.

 

"Yes?"

 

Seunghyun hesitantly asked, "Err... You mean Bom noona?"

 

"Yes! She’s in the same age with me; she’s even a few months older than me. If the reason of this calling issue is because I’m a noona, why did you call me only Dara while Bommie with noona?" Dara continued her questions.

 

"Hmm... That... I'm not too close to Bom noona. I don’t think she would be happy if I called her name without the honorific..."

 

"Says who? You haven’t asked her."

 

"How can I ask if I’m not close to her? Didn’t you hear what I said just now?" Seunghyun had already felt annoyed.

 

"Then just approach her! What’s the big deal? Ah, there she is, Bommie!" Dara suddenly shouted and waved at someone behind Seunghyun. Seunghyun turned around and saw Bom was walking toward them, carrying a stack of paper.

 

Once Bom arrived in front of Seunghyun, she immediately lowered her head. Seunghyun replied with a little nod.

 

"These are the data, Dara," she murmured softly, handing her a paper in her hand.

 

"Thank you. Ah, Bom ah, sajangnim just wanted to ask you, would you be upset if he called you without the honorifics," said Dara. She replied Seunghyun’s glare with her naughty grin.

 

Bom’s reaction is exactly like what Dara has guessed. She blushed like a tomato, didn’t dare to look at Dara, let alone Seunghyun.

 

"I... don’t mind." Bom replied back quietly.

 

Dara’s grin widened. She immediately turned toward Seunghyun. "See?

 

One of Seunghyun’s thick eyebrows rose. "Really? Don’t you mind it if I call you without ‘noona’?"

 

"It’s... it’s okay, sajangnim." Only God and Bom knew how happy she is now.

 

"Well, it means you have become friends, right? Then Bom, from now on you also can’t call him sajangnim!" Dara provoked them more smoothly.

 

"Dara..." said Seunghyun warning her.

 

"What? If you can call Bommie with her first name without honorifics, then shouldn’t Bom do the same thing? And you also require me to do so. Where's the justice?" said Dara. Apparently she has forgotten who the boss is here.

 

"But Dara..."

 

"And don’t use the excuse 'you are not close' again. Even Bommie has worked here longer than me. I oppose favoritism, you know?"

 

Well... after such a long lecture, what else could Seunghyun do other than nodded and agreed with Dara?

 

Without Seunghyun realizing it, Dara has winked to Bom who replied her with a grateful smile.

 

---***---