Nana x Myungsoo

HEAVEN [After School x Any male idols one shot]
Please log in to read the full chapter

Pairing: Im Jinah x Kim Myungsoo (L)

Genre: Romance

Words: 2,084 words

Requested by Sugaismybae (omg suga is my bae too)

Working as a dancer in a nightclub has never been easy for Jinah. Ever since her first day working, she went through quite a lot of stuffs and she’s slowly getting used to it and eventually, she will stop bothering about it. Besides that, she has met a lot of people, different types of personalities and she would always catch a few stories or gossips every night.

Out of all the things she has been through and all the people she has encountered, there is this specific person who intrigues her.

Even Jinah could not remember the day her fascination started. It used to be trivial but all of a sudden it became substantial to her.

The night was young, full of bright lights from the neon beer signs that stood out on the street and an array of crowds taking the space of every pathway.

But the night could never get any younger inside the publicly open nightclub where Jinah works at. Nightclub wasn’t Jinah’s first choice when it comes to occupation but she was desperate for money so she could buy herself a shelter and feed her stomach. Life for Jinah has never been easy on her-before and the present, growing up as an orphan who got adopted twice, started working at the age of 13 and dropped out of school at 16. Life enjoys showering her with loves.

And whenever someone pities her, she would merely answer, “When life gives you lemon, take it and squeeze it to its eyes!”

It would be a lie if Jinah admits she is truly happy. Behind those positive vibes and cheerful smiles lies a damsel in distress.

Although her life was inadequate and imperfect, she believes somewhere, at sometimes, a prince dressed in white suit (though she prefers darker colour) riding a limousine who eats with golden utensils will come by one day and save her.

 

The intermingled smells of sweats and smokes linger around the club, loud music blasting through the speakers that are being controlled by some young DJ and the atmosphere is dark, with artificial disco lights spinning around as the only source of light.

“Hey Jinah baby! Drink with me?”

“Nana~ come here!”

“Jinah! When will it be your turn to dance?”

All Jinah could do was shot them a smile and quick bow before helping her co-workers with cleaning the used tables and arranging the chairs. Jinah has always been everyone’s favourite, from the club owner, her club manager, co-workers to her guests. Who couldn’t resist her charming smiles, good attitude and not to mention, her perfect body figure that could be perceived as one of Victoria’s Secrets’ model?

“You know, you should get ready for your performance by now. I could handle everything by myself.” One of her co-worker assured.

“I’m all ready actually,” she giggled, “I’m not planning to do much for tonight, just the usual routine.”

Her co-worker chuckled in response. She understood someone like Jinah doesn’t need to rehearse or panic before her performance because she’s either used to it or good at dancing. But whoever that ever watches Jinah dances before will be left in awe and admiration. She’s just naturally good at it.

 

Jinah was about to walk towards the backstage when she stopped, eyes widened in surprised.

‘It’s him again.’

She felt dizzy at the moment, the view infront were blurry until someone bumped her shoulder, causing her to stumble forward. She wasn’t injured though she was glad someone did that or worse could happen; what if that person caught her staring at him intensely?

“Yo nana? You okay gurl?” A raspy voice called out.

Namjoon, who knew Jinah more than her adoptive parents does, sensed that something was wrong; and whenever Jinah feels troubled, she would always avoid someone else’s gaze.

He impulsively grabbed her wrist before heading to a less crowded place so he could talk to her. She struggled to let herself free but unfortunately, Namjoon, obviously as a guy was stronger than her.

“What’s the matter with you?!?”

“I should be the one asking, what’s wrong with you, Jinah?!?” They just had to yell or else they couldn’t hear each other from the booming music.

Jinah sighed in defeat. She couldn’t hide anything from Namjoon who treated her like a little sister when technically, she’s older but she doesn’t really mind over his protectiveness; it made her feel loved, in a siblings way.

Namjoon was Jinah’s childhood friend whom she met through-

Actually she doesn’t remember how she met Namjoon, it was like he just emerged out of nowhere.

Namjoon is a common habitué at the nightclub, and usually appears whenever the club holds their monthly rap battle competition.

“I don’t know- maybe it was from those shots I was offered.” She sheepishly smiled.

What comes next was totally expected; Namjoon rambling about simply accepting drinks from strangers and other stuff she never really pay attention.

 

“Wow nana, you did it again!”

“Nana, we need your service here.” The group of drunken guys slurred.

Please log in to read the full chapter