Yeri

Partners

The shorter’s fingers are trembling so much that Chanyeol has to snatch the keys from him and unlocks the door. As soon as the door is flung open, Kyungsoo immediately storms in before him, “Yeri!”

“Oppa!” The said girl’s voice follows suit. He lets out a loud sigh of relief when he sees Yeri hugging Kyungsoo tight. His heart almost jumped out of his heart an hour ago, when Kyungsoo reminded him of her.

“Are you okay? Are you hurt anywhere? Huh?” The owl-eyed man asks while inspecting the girl’s body for any bruises or injuries. The girl shakes her head and smiles sweetly, “I’m fine, oppa,” she answers before she is drawn into a hug by Kyungsoo again.

Chanyeol is looking at how the latter’s pale complexion slowly turns red again when a voice comes from the kitchen, “You guys take shorter time than expected,” Chanyeol turns to the voice and walks to the refrigerator for a bottle of drinking water, “Something happened,”

Joy, who is sitting at the kitchen counter with her nails freshly painted, chuckles sarcastically, “So failed again, hmm? Good that you came back early though, I almost kill that baby, she’s so annoying. I’m tired of her s,”

He gulps his last mouthful of water and closes it, “I’ll rip your head off if you ever touch her,” he growls with low voice without looking at the lady.

“Gee, it’s not that I can touch her anyway,” she replies before gently blowing air onto her nail art. He ignores her and walks to the bedroom where Kyungsoo is tucking Yeri into her bed. He passes the water bottle to him, “Have a drink first,” but Kyungsoo shakes his head so he keeps the bottle with him and sits on the edge of the bed.

“Hi sweetheart,” he smiles to the girl who is already under her comforter, ready to sleep. The girl returns his smile sweetly, “Are you going to sleep here tonight?” she asks with a slight hope imprinted in her tone. The question is one of her frequent, yet he still hopes that the girl won’t ask him every time. He glances slightly towards Kyungsoo who is also looking at him, before smiling at the girl again, “I afraid I can’t, Yeri-ah. I have things to settle at home,” His answer brings a pout to the girl’s lips and his heart softens more.

Chanyeol leans in and kisses her forehead, “Have a good sleep, dear,” and playfully ruffles her hair before both of them leaves the bedroom for Yeri to sleep.

“You can stay the night if you want,” the younger says as soon as he closes the door.

“…”

“It’s already late. And you’re tired,” Kyungsoo explains as he stares dumbly at him, “You can have the sofa,”

He smirks. The sofa, huh? Does he look like someone who will sleep on a sofa? THAT sofa? No. Never. Unless the circumstances changes, “What’s with the offer,” he mutters.

“No need to be so rude, . If you want to stay then have the sofa, if you don’t want to then get out,”

“Yes I am heading out. You were the one stopping me,” He retorts. Yes, he is so worn out. But 30 minutes’ drive worth it than having to stay a restless night there.

“Wait here,” Kyungsoo says and walks to the kitchen which is now empty. Joy already left for who-knows-how-long. It has been a norm for them. Joy will come to ‘watch over’ Yeri when he and Kyungsoo goes out to complete any task. And leaves when they are home.

“Take this,” the shorter holds out an ice pack. Must be for his bruises. He mouths a ‘thanks’ and takes the ice pack. When he is about to grab the doorknob to exit, both of their phones ring.

Kyungsoo takes his phone out of his pocket first, and looks at the caller’s name before looking up at him, “Jonghyun,” His eyes are down casted as he listens to the person on the line. The he looks up at Chanyeol again and gestures him to take the call.

He sighs and takes out his phone. Jonghyun’s name is blinking on the screen so he taps on the receive button.

“Ah finally, hey lanky guy,” Jonghyun greets, bringing Chanyeol’s eye roll and Kyungsoo’s furrow.

“What is it?” he asks, impatient.

“Relax, dude. I just have a big news for both of you,”

He looks at the shorter and meets his eyes, “What news?”

“Just like what Key have sent to Chanyeol, we are going for a different tactic now,”

He purse his lips, Kyungsoo closes his eyes as he listens.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leave comments juseyo!